Harry Potter discussion

Fun Stuff > What do you get when you cross Harry Potter with Pride and Prejudice? Take a look

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (bookexaminer) | 6 comments This video is hilarious: http://www.examiner.com/x-562-Book-Ex...

message 2: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) I love it! I sure hope they make that kiss a good one in the movies when it finally does happen... :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

uhh good job????
it looks really hard to do so yeah but uhh funniness level: 00000000
sorry

message 4: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments LOL!!! I couldn't help but giggle! My friend loves Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter! I wonder if she's seen it yet...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments How nerdy is it that I've already seen this? :D

I love this! It combines two of my all-time favorite books!

message 6: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments It's ok! You're probably not as nerdy as I am...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments Try me...I went to a Harry Potter concert before the movie premiere, and saw the movie twice the day it came out.

message 8: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Um ok! I made a mini-Hogwarts, a HP collage of 90 different pictures consisting of fanart, actor pics, and Mary Grandpre's illustrations. I have 17 copies of the books (3 of the 1st one, 2 of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th, and 7th, 4 of the sixth one) and Tales of Beetle the Bard. I have 20 different books about the series, 2 hp jigsaws, the games of the movies in Gameboy and Xbox, 3 posters (including one from the movie theatre!), about 5 board games based on the books and movie trivia, almost all of the lego sets from the 3rd year, all of the lego sets from the 4th and 5th ones (and severely disappointed that Lego didn't come out with a 6th one!), soundtracks 3-6, and a huge plastic box full of harry potter dolls. I even have robes and a wizarding hat and a wand and a make-shift Firebolt from my Halloween days and I bought a wizarding hat with Mickey Mouse ears from DisneyLand!

Um...I think that's most of it. I can't check because I'm at a lock-in...

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) OMG Aegine.... you win. lol

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments I admit defeat :D

message 11: by Gail (new)

Gail | 28 comments Ok-I'm an adult and I teach the first book in Spanish. I've dressed as McGonagall for the last 3 book releases(made my costume). I have all the books in English, six in Spanish and four in French( and have read them multiple times) I have a HP stocking hanging in my dining room, made a sorting hat, put my students in houses and have competitions,have at least 4 books I use to explain HP,like the Science of Harry Potter(annotated by me)had a HP birthday party for my 50th bday, have several ornaments, the 20Q game, the dvds, have written to JK Rowling...
yeah...nerd

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I've got the first book in spanish. I can't read much of it though. lol Me espanol es muy malo! lol I do have

message 13: by Gail (new)

Gail | 28 comments Briansgirl wrote: "I've got the first book in spanish. I can't read much of it though. lol Me espanol es muy malo! lol I do have "

Good for you for trying! Try reading the one In English side by side. The translation is pretty good. When I get back to school I can send you all the vocab sheets and questions I have for my kids...

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I was trying to do them side by side but it started to become too much effort. I have The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe in spanish too. However, my spanish skill level is more along the range of children's books. lol Maybe the vocabulary sheets would help. Thanks.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments Yay for Harry Potter en español! I've read the first in Spanish, and plan on reading the others eventually. :D

message 16: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Gail wrote: "Ok-I'm an adult and I teach the first book in Spanish. I've dressed as McGonagall for the last 3 book releases(made my costume). I have all the books in English, six in Spanish and four in French( ..."

WOW! I wish I could get them in Spanish! But I usually have other books to buy...

message 17: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Yep :P

message 18: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Aw, thanks. You're pretty cool Uma! I'm just a nerd.

message 19: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Wow I feel incredibly good about myself now! You're really good at flattering! =P

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments I don't own any of the Harry Potter books in a foreign language, but my local library system has them in several languages.

Yay for niceness!

message 21: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Lol. My library doesn't. We have some books in other languages but it's mainly Spanish. Like learning English and learning French, Spanish and German.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments We have lots of books for learning different languages.

My library has a system that you can order books from other libraries in the system, which includes all libraries in central and western Massachusetts. Do other libraries do this? I've always wondered that...

message 23: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Yeah but for ours, it's only within our Southeast region. But we can get books if all those copies plus ours are out...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments Thanks, I always wondered if other libraries did that too. :D

message 25: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Glad to help!

message 26: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments Cool

message 27: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments The summer reading program's over at my library now. I'm sorta glad it's over, since it caused a headache for everyone at the end. We had to sort prizes and print out certificates on an old fashioned typewriter and then organize the actual party (basically giving away free stuff for the kids). Now I can sit back and relax!

message 28: by Aneri (new)

Aneri | 186 comments LOL! That was amazingg

message 29: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments I just read Pride&Prejudice&ZOMBIES! It was sooo good and I actually understood it! I think I'll read the orginial now that I have some idea of how it goes!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments I love Pride and Prejudice! It's one of my favorite books! I've read part of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies at the bookstore, and I love how it actually made sense. XD

message 31: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments OMG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAWESOME!

message 32: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Nice Myrtle. I still need a copy of Pride and Prejudice and now I want to read Oliver Twist because I just saw the musical!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments Was Oliver good? I'm seeing it in April. :D

I did the same thing with Les Miserables! The book was awesome, just like the musical, although it was really different.

A lot of my obssessions stem from musicals...19th-century France, French revolutions (notice the plural), Elisabeth of Austria, the Hapsburgs, French slang, the German language, Swedish immigrants, the Hungarian language...

You need to read Pride and Prejudice! It's awesome!

message 34: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) Thats good!

message 35: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Was Oliver good? I'm seeing it in April. :D

I did the same thing with Les Miserables! The book was awesome, just like the musical, although it was really different.

A lot of my obssessions..."

Yeah the French was weird during that time. I think they've had 9 republics since then. And one time, they started over the years but they dropped it...
Oliver was good! It was really funny but I found it odd that a girl played Oliver but the part is really high so I can understand that. And I bet that the play will be better and the one I saw because it was a community production.