Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives of Old Topics > 2012 Listening Challenge - Details Here - Let's Go!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 155) (155 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Jan 09, 2012 06:44PM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Our Speaking of Audiobooks - Romance Audio Goodreads group is partnering with the Speaking of Audiobooks column for the 2012 Listening Challenge. Although the two groups are actually the same, some of our listeners prefer to report in at Goodreads while others stick to the column's discussion.

So, we're starting the Listening Challenge here as well. You can commit, report in, and discuss here entirely if you wish. Here we go!

Our 2012 Listen Challenge Objective - Listen to 12 romance books in 2012

We’re simplifying our Challenge this year by giving you more choices and simplifying the requirements of each. We have four tracks to follow for a 12 book challenge and one track for an 8 book challenge. Just choose one and let the fun begin!

Track One - Listening to the Top Hits
Listen or relisten to 12 audios from AAR’s 2010 Top 100 Romances Poll and AAR’s 2011 Annual Reader Poll. These are lists of print books but there are 73 audio versions to choose from!
You will find a list of these titles in the next post.

Track Two - Mix ‘Em Up Firsts
Listen to 12 books of firsts - first time listening to a narrator, your first book by a specific author, the first book in a series, the first of a new-to-you romance sub-genre. You can also define your own firsts such as your first listen of a 2012 audio or the first audio your borrowed from a friend, etc.

Track Three - Listen by the Number
Three romance audios produced in 2012, three from 2011, three from 2010, and three from 2009.

Track Four - Spread your Listening
Listen to four contemporary/romantic suspense, four historical/western, and four paranormal/fantasy/time travel.

We also have an 8 book Challenge if you are a little shy about committing...

Surprise by the Quarter - 4 categories to choose from each quarter. You only need to listen to two books a quarter but you won’t be advised of your choices for the next quarter until the end of the previous quarter! Example - the choices for the second quarter (April - June) will be announced the last week of March.

First quarter’s choices (January - March):

Choice #1 - Listen to a romance narrated by one of the winning narrators in the Favorite Romance Audiobooks Poll. This includes not only the winners of the Narrator Favorites categories but a narrator of any winning book - first, second, third, and honorable mention in any category. There are 23 narrators to choose from and you can find a list of those narrators two posts down.

Choice #2 - Listen to a romance produced in the first three months of 2012

Choice #3 - Listen to a romance with a tortured hero. What is a tortured hero? One who is dark, moody, and fights any kind of love or softer emotions.
Examples of audios with tortured heroes - To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt, Prince of Dreams by Lisa Kleypas, Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Black Ice by Anne Stuart, and Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward.

Choice #4 - Listen to a Cabin Romance
In a Cabin Romance, the hero and heroine are isolated for large section(s) of the book. They come to grips with one another and their attraction in a relatively small space.
Examples of Cabin Romance audios - The Indiscretion by Judith Ivory, Nobody’s Baby But Mine and This Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Wild Rain by Christine Feehan, and Calypso Magic by Catherine Coulter.

It should be noted that although we focus on the romance genre with its many sub genres, we also include Chick Lit, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy, and Sci Fi genres if the book includes a romance thread.

Reporting In

Reporting for the Challenge will take place in two areas either here at our Goodreads group or in the discussion area of any Speaking of Audiobooks column during 2012 as our Challenge will be an ongoing discussion throughout the year. We are encouraging non Goodreads Speaking of Audiobooks regulars to use our Goodreads group to check in if a recent column isn't up. The same goes for your check-in. You can choose to check in at the column at any time.

Since I plan to keep our larger Speaking of Audiobooks audience updated on the overall progress of the Challenge, I may share comments from our Goodreads Challenge thread from time to time at the column.

What track are you choosing for your Listening Challenge?

What will be your first audio to fulfill the Challenge?

message 2: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Jun 10, 2012 03:57PM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments For the Listening to the Top Hits Challenge Track - here is a list of those 73 audio versions of those books in AAR's 2010 Top 100 and AAR's 2011 Annual Poll:

Jennifer Ashley
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie

Jane Austen
Persuasion
Pride and Prejudice

Mary Balogh
More Than a Mistress

Joanna Bourne
The Spymaster’s Lady

Suzanne Brockmann
Over the Edge

Charlotte Bronte
Jane Eyre

Meljean Brook
Here There Be Monsters
The Iron Duke

Kresley Cole
A Hunger Like No Other

Jennifer Crusie
Bet Me
Welcome to Temptation

Diana Gabaldon
Outlander
Voyager

Julie Garwood
The Bride
Honor’s Splendour
Ransom (abridged)
Saving Grace
The Secret

Georgette Heyer
Devil’s Cub

Linda Howard
After the Night
Cry No More
Dream Man
Mackenzie’s Mountain
Mr. Perfect
Open Season unabridged - abridged version
To Die For

Elizabeth Hoyt
To Beguile a Beast
Wicked Intentions

Judith Ivory
The Proposition

Lisa Kleypas:
Blue-Eyed Devil
Devil in Winter
Dreaming of You
It Happened One Autumn
Lady Sophia’s Lover
Love in the Afternoon
Married by Morning
Scandal in Spring
Seduce Me at Sunrise
Smooth Talking Stranger
Suddenly You
Sugar Daddy
Then Came You
Where Dreams Begin
Worth Any Price

Stephanie Laurens
Devil’s Bride

Judith McNaught (all abridged)
Paradise
Perfect
Something Wonderful

Pamela Morsi
The Bikini Car Wash

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Ain’t She Sweet
Dream a Little Dream
Heaven, Texas
It Had to Be You
Kiss an Angel
Match Me if You Can
Natural Born Charmer
Nobody’s Baby But Mine
This Heart of Mine

Amanda Quick
Ravished

Julia Quinn
Ten Things I Love About You
What Happens in London
When He Was Wicked

J. D. Robb
Naked in Death

Nora Roberts
Sea Swept

Nalini Singh
Angel’s Blood
Archangel’s Kiss
Slave to Sensation

LaVyrle Spencer
Morning Glory (Abridged - Unabridged is ISBN 1-4025-2253-3)

Sherry Thomas
Private Arrangements

J.R. Ward
Dark Lover
Lover Awakened
Lover Eternal
Lover Mine

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Winning Narrators in Speaking of Audiobooks 2011 Favorite Romance Audiobooks Poll – for the Surprise by the Quarter track

Anna Fields

Phil Gigante

Natalie Ross

Davina Porter

Renee Raudman

Susan Ericksen

Victor Slezak

Jim Frangione

Tavia Gilbert

Xe Sands

Kirsten Potter

Tom Stechschulte

Anne Flosnik

Patrick Lawlor

Angela Dawe

Karen White

Tanya Eby

Kate Forbes

Deanna Hurst

Franette Liebow

Bernadette Dunne

Amanda Ronconi

Aasne Vigesaa

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments I'm choosing:

Listening to the Top Hits

I listen to so many new books in preparation for the Speaking of Audioboks column that I thought it would be nice to have an excuse to relisten to some of my favorites. And since I have listened to 50 of the 73 hits, it will be a good deal of relistening. But I’m going to try at least 4 new-to-me Top Hits.

I’m relistening to my first book for my 2012 Challenge – Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Narrated by Anna Fields.

Not only does this one have a strong romance but its secondary romance is just as much fun – and I’m not one that favors secondary romances. And, Edward, the little boy! Who can listen to Fields’ performance of him without shedding a tear?!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments I like the idea of the Quarterly Surprise categories so I think i'm going to do that...but might try for all 4 categories (for a bit more variety)...if that's ok

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy I'm going to give this challenge a try, but I haven't decided which track yet. A couple questions -

Is there a way to determine when an audiobook was produced (such as for track 3)? Audible lists an audible release date, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Do you have any more suggestions for the "Cabin romance?" (surprise for the quarter)

I think I am leaning toward surprise for the quarter or the "mix 'em up firsts."

Thanks and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments yeah, i'm looking for some cabin romances - hopefully my library or booksfree will come through for me

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments I'm starting a thread on Cabin Romances so we can hear from the larger group. I'll give a fuller description as well. This will be fun!

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Dee wrote: "I like the idea of the Quarterly Surprise categories so I think i'm going to do that...but might try for all 4 categories (for a bit more variety)...if that's ok"

Great Dee! I wanted to go the Surprise by the Quarter track just because I know how much fun it will be!! But since I'm the one planning the surprise, how fair is that?? But I made a decision just a few minutes ago. Although I'm going with the Listening to the Top Hits, I'm adding in the Surprise by the Quarter for me!

message 10: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Judy wrote: "I'm going to give this challenge a try, but I haven't decided which track yet. A couple questions -

Is there a way to determine when an audiobook was produced (such as for track 3)? Audible li..."

Judy - so glad you are joining us!

We're going to be a little loose on the exact date since release dates of hard copies and digital copies often vary. Let's use Amazon (usually the most reliable source for hard copies - plus they have links to all Audible books) to check and, if you are a digital listener, go with the digital date and if you listen to CDs, go with the hard copy release date.

How's that?

And I am starting a thread for Cabin Romances in case you didn't see my above comment.

message 11: by Judy (new)

Judy Dee wrote: "I like the idea of the Quarterly Surprise categories so I think i'm going to do that...but might try for all 4 categories (for a bit more variety)...if that's ok"

I like your idea and would like to "borrow" it for my challenge :)

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments how do you want us to track these? start our own thread, or just in here?

message 13: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Let's track here. I want it to be easy for Speaking of Audiobooks regulars (who aren't familiar with Goodreads) to drop in and talk with us as well.

I'm almost done with my first - Dream a Little Dream. I think I'll go looking for a Cabin Romance next.

message 14: by Judy (new)

Judy Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Judy wrote: "I'm going to give this challenge a try, but I haven't decided which track yet. A couple questions -

Is there a way to determine when an audiobook was produced (such as for track 3)? ..."

Thanks for the info. I'm a digital listener, so that helps clarify that part of it.

I'll look in the cabin romance thread for suggestions - thanks!

I really like Dee's idea of doing all four of the surprise categories each quarter, so I'm going to use that as my basis for the challenge. Since I'm fairly new to romance audiobooks ( I used to listen to mystery and nonfiction), it will still probably turn out to have a number of "firsts" in it as well.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments i'm starting my first book for the Surprise by the Quarter

Choice #1 - Listen to a romance narrated by one of the winning narrators in the Favorite Romance Audiobooks Poll - Breathless narrated by Susan Erickson

message 16: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments I have chosen Track Four - Spread your Listening
for my challenge. I almost done with Jennifer Ashley's Pride Mates
Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley
(one for the paranormal/fantasy/time-travel category), but have to admit I can't wait for it to end. The narrator's male Irish accent (of which there are at least 3) is--um--interesting... Which is sad, considering I've enjoy this author and the premise is an interesting take on shapeshifters.

message 17: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Finished Dream a Little Dream by SEP for my first in the Listening to the Top Hits. Since I also decided to go with the Surprise by the Quarter, I am listening to a choice in that group now: Listen to a romance narrated by one of the winning narrators in the Favorite Romance Audiobooks Poll

Tavia Gilbert - Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

message 18: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Diana N wrote: "I have chosen Track Four - Spread your Listening
for my challenge. I almost done with Jennifer Ashley's Pride Mates
Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley
(one for the paranormal/fantasy/time-travel ..."

Not a good way to start the Challenge! Surely it will only get better. :) Glad you are joining in.

message 19: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments Track Four - Spread your Listening

Up next, one for the historical category: Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue.

Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue (Cynster #16) by Stephanie Laurens

I don't normally listen to male narrators but this one has been fun so far. I think it helps that the heroine is feisty and the hero doesn't know what to do with her.

message 20: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments @ Diana N - I ended up really liking Jennifer Ashley's Pride Mates after a rough start. I thought the Irish accents used for Liam and his family made each of them distinctive - thus good - as I knew who was talking every time.

Then again I wouldn't know a genuine accent if it hit me in the face / ear. :) I was just happy to enjoy what I heard and to know who was speaking each time with what I considered a very good story/ start to a series.

I am signed up for the Mix "Em Up Firsts" challenge and I will most likely be adding the surprise Quarterly Challenge as well.

The Stephanie Laurens I'm looking forward to is the recent release with Steven Crossly narrating - I've listened to him twice (Julie Garwood and Judith Ivory) and he was excellent.

message 21: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments @Brenda--I guess my problem was that the narrator didn't sound like the voice of the characters in my head. This is one of the reasons I try not to listen to books I've already read unless it's a narrator that I absolutely love (ex. Justine Eyre and Anne Flosnik).
Unfortunately I read one of Ashley's other books before this one and was introduced to Liam that way. But I'll try to keep a more open mind about character accents from now on.

I finished Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue and am now moving on the second in the series--another historical for Track Four - Spread your Listening:

In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster A Cynster Novel by Stephanie Laurens
In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster.

I am determined to have this finished in time for the release of the third book at the end of the month.

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments i know we have a mini-review on it, so i thought i'd clarify - do you guys think the hero in Breathless is tortured enough for the surprise me category 3?

message 23: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments @Diana N - I know where your coming from about reading first which means you're going to understand my comments in the full review of Pride Mates (when it comes out in the SOA column) perfectly. :)

I tried to start
Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz
for my first new release of 2012 category. I usually enjoy both JAK and narrator Tanya Eby but neither one of them were clicking so I'll have to come back to it.

message 24: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Dee wrote: "i know we have a mini-review on it, so i thought i'd clarify - do you guys think the hero in Breathless is tortured enough for the surprise me category 3?"

Lucien qualifies as tortured. His stepmother abused him in the extreme. But he is also one of the most embittered heroes I've read even considering his background.

Breathless worked for me (I gave it 4 stars).

message 25: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments thanks Lea...I figured but want to ask ;) better safe than sorry and then I can hopefully put the 4th one in, if I get it in time for the narrator choice

message 26: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments Diana N wrote: "@Brenda--I guess my problem was that the narrator didn't sound like the voice of the characters in my head. This is one of the reasons I try not to listen to books I've already read unless it's a ..."

Wow this series is a lot more successful for you than it is for me. The only reason I didn't throw it against the wall was because I didn't want to ruin my iPod and the only reason I finished it was because it was a review copy and I promised. Poor Lea has the task of editing down my rant (er, review) for the SOA column one of these days.

Be sure and comment when it goes up - obviously my experience isn't the only experience to be had and it will be important for readers/listeners to know that what didn't work for me may well work for them! :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the series, but I've broken up with Stephanie Laurens on audio now. I'd rather have root canal.

message 27: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments I'm listening to Animal Magnetism narrated by Karen White so that will count to my Listening Challenge. Yay!

message 28: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Which track of the challenge did you choose Kaetrin?

I'm finishing up Angelina's Bachelors A Novel with Food by Brian O'Reilly

I have absolutely loved it, the story and the narration both. I've cried - I've laughed - and been so hungry while listening to the descriptions of the cooking and the meals - oh my - true love! :)

message 29: by Brenda (last edited Jan 20, 2012 10:35AM) (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments PS... You get an HEA with Angelina's Bachelors: A Novel with Food though it is far from the focus of the storyline/book and doesn't play a real part which keeps you wondering until the end.

message 30: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments @Brenda The Surprise Me one. :)

message 31: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments I just finished In Pursuit of Miss Eliza Cynster A Cynster Novel by Stephanie Laurens and now am torn what to start next. For my challenge (Spread Your Listening), I've completed 2 of the 4 in the historical category and 1 in the paranormal one.

I have Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Faking It (Dempseys #2) by Jennifer Crusie Sweet Possession (Sweet, #5) by Maya Banks On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews

Maybe I should take a break. Or, even better, start looking for a tortured hero or new romance for the Quarterly listen.

message 32: by Brenda (last edited Jan 21, 2012 08:08AM) (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments On The Edge gets my vote, I loved it and the rest of the series. :)

I enjoyed Faking It but I had read the book so I knew what was going on. I think it could be very confusing at first, trying to keep track via audio.

message 33: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments finished listening to Breathless which was my choice #3 for the quarterly surprise challenge - loved Susan Erickson's narration and while I should have hated the hero for some of the stuff that he did, there was also something about him that attracted me

message 34: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Dee wrote: "finished listening to Breathless which was my choice #3 for the quarterly surprise challenge - loved Susan Erickson's narration and while I should have hated the hero for some of the..."

I totally understand what you are saying!

message 35: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments and i'm starting my second book, which is my Narrator one - listening to The Apprentice (rom/sus/thrill) which is narrated by Anna Fields

message 36: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments I decided on:

Track Four - Spread your Listening
Listen to four contemporary/romantic suspense, four historical/western, and four paranormal/fantasy/time travel.

I've listened to one historical: Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas.

I'm now listening to my fist paranormal of 2012: A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole.

message 37: by Diana (new)

Diana (DianaDCMD) | 116 comments I am going to do this thing.

I'm going to go with Mix It Up Firsts. I may have to get very creative. : )

My first by author Stephanie Tyler Lie With Me is also first in a series. Definite win. Review coming at SOA.

message 38: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments Diana wrote: "I am going to do this thing.

I'm going to go with Mix It Up Firsts. I may have to get very creative. : )

My first by author Stephanie Tyler Lie With Me is also first in a series. Definite win. R..."

I really wanted to do the Mix It Up Firsts, but I when I tried to come up with enough categories, I found I'm not very creative! :-) I picked the Spread Your Listening, but I think I'll finish that pretty early in the year.It's a pretty easy category since just about everything fits. After that I'll jump into where ever the Surprise by Quarter is at that time.

message 39: by Karen (new)

Karen White (KarenWhiteaudiobooknarrator) | 145 comments Kaetrin wrote: "I'm listening to Animal Magnetism narrated by Karen White so that will count to my Listening Challenge. Yay!"

LOVE Jill's writing - hope you enjoy the narration!

message 40: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Jan 26, 2012 09:37AM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Update on my Challenge(s):
I chose Listening to the Top Hits as well as Surprise by the Quarter.

DONE - SEP's Dream a Little Dream - reported it finished earlier.

DONE - One of the choices in Surprise by the Quarter - just listened to an audio by a winning narrator in last year's poll - Tavia Gilbert. Jeaniene Frost's Halfway to the Grave. Total success - I'll be talking about it in tomorrow's column as well as talking with Tavia.

message 41: by Diana (new)

Diana (dnneal) | 71 comments Is it allowed for me to start a thread where I just fill in the ones I've completed? I like to see what I've accomplished. I would still come here and discuss my experience, but I think the listing would keep me on track better than the sheet of paper I can never find.

message 42: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Let me think on this. You can start a thread - most certainly but there may be a really great way to organize it. Maybe we will start an entire new section titled something along the lines of Individual Reports for 2012 Listening Challenge and then anyone who wants to can add a thread beneath.

I'm on the road today but I'll put more thought into the organization tonight.

Great idea!

message 43: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments i like the idea of individual threads ;)

message 44: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments I prefer everyone commenting on a single thread where we're all sure to see the posts. Last year there were great conversations sparked by the individual updates to the common thread. I know I won't check 10 or 15 individual threads to keep track of everyone.

I keep my audio listens updated on my own SOA Listening Challenge 2012 shelf here on goodreads. That way I can easily keep track of what I've listened to for this challenge. At the beginning of every review for the challenge I put the Challenge and the category the book fulfills. For example, I'm doing the Spread Your Listening challenge (four of each category):

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
SOA Listening Challenge 2012: Paranormal 1/4

message 45: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments Diana N wrote: "Is it allowed for me to start a thread where I just fill in the ones I've completed? I like to see what I've accomplished. I would still come here and discuss my experience, but I think the listi..."

Create a SOA Listening Challenge 2012 shelf here on goodreads and track your challenge listens that way. At the top of the review for each book just make a note of the challenge and which part that book fulfills. Then at the end of the year, any books you listened to for the challenge are listed in one place. I have a shelf for each challenge I join each year (SOA, Sci-Fi Romance, TBR Challnge, etc.).

message 46: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1346 comments you could have both - an individual one for tracking and then a more conversational one - what challenge book are you listening to right now?

message 47: by Carrie (last edited Jan 26, 2012 11:46AM) (new)

Carrie | 296 comments Dee wrote: "you could have both - an individual one for tracking and then a more conversational one - what challenge book are you listening to right now?"

I've listened to two challenge books so far. An historical: Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas and a paranormal:A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole.

Right now I'm listening to Dying to Please by Linda Howard. I'm not counting that towards the challenge. Since I haven't listened to all that many audiobooks, I'm only counting books that I've never read or listened to before for my SOA Challenge. It's my own way of making myself stretch a little. ;-)

ETA: If people want to do both types of threads, that's fine, of course. I just hope they'd still list their books here as well, because I won't go to all the individual threads. I don't have the online time.

message 48: by Therese (new)

Therese (ThereseM) | 1 comments This sounded like so much fun I had to delurk and join in!

I just started with audiobooks this last October so I am having a great time making my first choices.
I think I have decided on the Surprise by Quarter Track and am going to try and do all four options. Should be loads of fun!

First up - Option 1 - Renee Raudman narrating On The Edge by Ilona Andrews. On chapter 6 and I am hooked. Renee's voices for Georgie and Jack just make me smile!

message 49: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Therese - so glad you came out of lurker mode to join us!

I'm looking forward to listening to On the Edge - I've heard so many good things about the writing and the narration.

If you need help, just ask away and I'm sure you will receive many recommendations here if you are looking for a particular type of book to fill a category.

message 50: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Jan 27, 2012 08:48PM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments I'm almost finished with another category - the tortured hero for the Surprise by the Quarter which I have chosen along with the Listening to the Top Hits. That means a total of 20 books for me.

My tortured hero choice - Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone. It's my first Featherstone and so far (three hours from the end), it has proven to be a big success for me. I'll provide more of my thoughts when I've finished listening.

So, that's 3 books out of 20 for me.

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Breathless (other topics)
Pride Mates (other topics)
Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue (other topics)
In Pursuit of Eliza Cynster (other topics)
Copper Beach (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jennifer Ashley (other topics)
Nora Roberts (other topics)
Jennifer Crusie (other topics)