Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How to delete a book cover

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Petra in 4 days may have a bf fingers crossed (petra-x) There were two items with the same title. One of them is a music cd. I added 'NOT A BOOK' etc. but didn't know how to get rid of the picture which is of the book. I uploaded a generic 'no image available' .jpg but perhaps someone could tell me how to get rid of a pic.

Thanks

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments If you go into the edit page, on the right hand side it says "Delete Photo". However, if it is automatically retrieving the photo from Amazon, there is no way to get rid of it, short of replacing it with an alternate photo.

Personally, once you've NOT-A-BOOKed something, I wouldn't worry about the cover art.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments For NOT A BOOKs I don't worry about anything else. Once they're out of the database as books, whatever information they have, or don't have, seems fine with me.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments For NOT A BOOKs I don't worry about anything else. Once they're out of the database as books, whatever information they have, or don't have, seems fine with me.

message 5: by Ubik (new)

Ubik | 87 comments I have a question regarding book covers: if there are say, 6 editions of a book and only one has a book cover in the database, is there a way to make that the main book so the book cover shows up in searches instead of the "image not available"?

Also, I just added a book cover to one book that had 6 editions, none of which previously had any cover arts in the database. Does that make a difference?

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Ubik, different editions often have very different covers -- I'd rather see "no cover available" than see the wrong cover....

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments The edition which shows up in a search is the most popular edition.

message 9: by Ubik (new)

Ubik | 87 comments Im just asking that the one that does have a pic BE the most popular edition. It has nothing to do with switching covers to the wrong ones...

message 10: by Debbie (last edited Nov 13, 2008 04:09PM) (new)

Debbie Moorhouse Popularity iirc is determined by how many users have that book on their shelves. I don't think we can get round that.

Sometimes it's possible to find book covers on the net.

message 11: by Ubik (new)

Ubik | 87 comments I do find book covers on the net, but sometimes I just cant find the one that goes with the edition that comes up in searches. If there is no way to get around that, then I guess thats that. Thanks SQRL