Tuesdays with Morrie Tuesdays with Morrie discussion

its true...its the most important thing to bear in mind

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mona (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mona love to read it since it happens all time around me..sometimes, when u see death almost every day in daily life, it loses meaning. reading this book draw me back to search what is the purpose of my presence in this world..to be somebody or just simply live your life and beeing nobody?..

Kako I totally agree with you! It really brought things into prespective for me! IT was a great life lesson!

Prabhdeep Singh its agreat lesson for the life time

Elizabeth I love this book. It had monunmental meaning for me.

message 5: by Krizza (new) - added it

Krizza Sombra great book, my pillow was drowning with tears..
i didnt want to end it..

Zaid Shaban made me love and appreciate almost every thing in my life,

Jackie Everyone should read this book! Sooner rather than later. It was an excellent read. Definately eye opening!

Lady Day Great book! Gave a new understanding to the concept of love and living life.

Cindy Borgne I read this book in one day. I also live in the Detroit area where Mitch Album is on the radio.

Sheryl This book was a wake up call to live life to the fullest.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i hope i have a mentor like morrie..

Linda This book is so powerful. After reading it, I made many changes in my own life.

Jessie I love this book! It is one of my all time favorites! I could read it over and over... the pages are marked up and highlighted!!

message 14: by Reneshia (new) - added it

Reneshia Yes, the writer encourages you to think more positively about how to view "life" victoriously. Morrie is wonderful.

Janna One of the best books I have read to remind me to live life to the fullest...very thought provoking

message 16: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy McCaleb I have recommended this book to many friends, especially ones with 'older parent' problems. It gives insights to the place we'll all be in (eventually). The reversal of roles between parent and child, the productive and reflective times of life, health and aging...so many questions we don't think we need answers to until they actually hit us between the eyes. Our love for a parent or spouse who suddenly wants us to do everything for them, or, worse, wants to be left ALONE can be destructive. Having read this wonderful book really helps keep aging and dying in perspective. It was really uplifting and it's about time to re-read!

message 17: by Zaid (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zaid Shaban Judy wrote: "I have recommended this book to many friends, especially ones with 'older parent' problems. It gives insights to the place we'll all be in (eventually). The reversal of roles between parent and c..."

great words, i agree with you ,, likeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gautam Bindra the true lesson of life........

Shilpa Kanth This book has helped me find a new meaning to life!

message 20: by Rite (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rite PcJoy I read this book following the death of my gma, whom I was the caretaker for. A wonderful therapy for me.

message 21: by Riz (last edited Jan 29, 2012 02:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riz I love this book.I usually don't cry over a book but reading this made me.It's a wonderful reminder of how to live life to the fullest. No regrets...

Christie That was a really good book. I liked it :)

message 23: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Candia after reading this,watch the 3 Idiots.

Mygsasha I think this is a great lesson for us.We must live everyday like if it was the last.

message 25: by Brad (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brad Cotton This is the first and only book I began and completed in one night. It was a good night. A worthwhile and easy read that leaves you with something either you didn't have, or needed to be reminded of.

Jennifer K There is a book written by Morrie Schwartz that recounts his days with Morrie, and his own perspective on dying. I ordered it from half.com.

Jennifer K I am sorry. i meant his days with the narrator of Tuesdays with Morrie.

message 28: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue U One of my favorite books.

Ariana very important lesson to all human beings in this book :)I enjoyed it very much :)

message 30: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa i looove reading about how much this book impacted people's lives. it did the exact same thing for me. :) morrie's definitiely smiling up there!

this is probably the best book i've ever read.

Jennifer K If you like Tuesdays with Morrie, you should try "Letting Go Morrie's Reflections on Living while Dying".

It is incredible that a man who knows for certain that he will die a horrible death can be so positive about it. Of course, he has his bad days, and he gets depressed, but he has a system of friends and family to "kick him in the butt," and remind him this is not the way he wants to be. He was a social psychologist for many years, and a lot of his book seems to draw on that background. his book is kind of like cognitive behavioral therapy for the soul.

I have been posting pieces of his wisdom on my blog about Bipolar Disorder; the ones that apply equally to physical and mental illness, and it is one of the favorite posts on the blog.

It really is an interesting look at a man who is dying, but knowing that certainty has made the choice to live each of his last days to the fullest.

Letting Go Morrie's Reflections on Living While Dying by Morrie Schwartz by Morrie Schwartz

Ariana Jennifer wrote: "If you like Tuesdays with Morrie, you should try "Letting Go Morrie's Reflections on Living while Dying".

It is incredible that a man who knows for certain that he will die a horrible death can b..."

Will read :)

Jennifer K I have been entranced and amazed the way this man has faced this disease with grace, composure and immense amounts of dignity (and humor). Definitely a must read!

aPriL does feral sometimes I don't doubt for one second the genuine emotions and appreciation people had for this book. However, for me, it was a series of cliches and sentimentality, rather than sentiment. It fit right in there with the "Chicken Soup...." books.

Martha I love this book!! The ironic & sad thing about this book for me is that my brother bought it for me to read while my Dad was in a nursing home. I was the main care taker of my Dad, my brother lived several hundred miles away. I started to read it, but got too busy with kids, work and my dying Dad, and put it down. My Dad passed away in 2002. I just read Tuesdays with Morrie, this year, 2012, ten years later. Oh, how I miss my Dad, and, how I wish I had read this book when my brother gave it to me!

Emily Williams I definitely agree with you! It's definitely something that stays with you. However, I found that "What Really Matters" by Karen Wyatt, MD (http://www.karenwyattmd.com/) gave me even more insight into dealing with death and inspiration for ways to fully live life without fearing death. If you loved "Tuesdays With Morrie" you should should definitely check it out!

Arkadiusz Had seen the movie (twice!) before reading the book. Really like both, people who haven't seen the movie really need to, Jack Lemmon's performance as Morrie is flawless. The last movie Jack Lemmon starred in and what a fitting role.

Evangelist my tutor told me to read it when i was in gr 5, i loved it!

Martha Arkadiusz wrote: "Had seen the movie (twice!) before reading the book. Really like both, people who haven't seen the movie really need to, Jack Lemmon's performance as Morrie is flawless. The last movie Jack Lemmon ..."

That is very good to know. I would love to see it!!

message 40: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue U I have watched the movie a couple times too. I so agree, Jack Lemmon's portrayl of Morrie was excellant.

message 41: by Lori (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lori good book. i was glad that Mitch albom. and Morrie could spend time with each other. Morrie seems like a remarkable man. I also read Morrie's book about what do and gave good tips on being sick and dying. also saw the movie. jack Lemmon was terrific as Morrie.

Donna Excellent book. My 35 year old niece died from ALS so I
can appreciate the book from a personal view. She, my niece was an amazing young woman. Hard way to die.....

Martha Emily wrote: "I definitely agree with you! It's definitely something that stays with you. However, I found that "What Really Matters" by Karen Wyatt, MD (http://www.karenwyattmd.com/) gave me even more insight i..."

Thank you for the tip -- I marked this book down for a "to read"!!

message 44: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue U My brother in law died from ALS, so I too appreciate this book. He went through all the stages that Morrie did.

Reham I really love this book. I read it twice, and i wanna read it again. It really left a great influence on my life.

message 46: by Jawe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jawe Querimit I read the book when I was still a student. My roommate bought a copy of the book and told me I should read it too, so I borrowed it for one night.

I didn't care much about death then. I just knew everyone will die and there's no way I would be exempted. But after reading the book, I was moved to examine how I am living my life. I realized that our goal is really not to live forever, but to create something that will.

message 47: by Jawe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jawe Querimit Sue wrote: "One of my favorite books."

I was about to say this...

the book's one of the most interesting books I have ever read.=)

message 48: by Lori (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lori Ann ALS was very true to form as Morrie's progressed. Heartwarming book. And agian, true!

Vidhi Panchal I love this book..too miracle book 4 ever..!

message 50: by Tima (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tima Jennifer wrote: "I have been entranced and amazed the way this man has faced this disease with grace, composure and immense amounts of dignity (and humor). Definitely a must read!"

So glad to have seen this thread, I didn't know Morrie wrote is own book about it, as well. Must read! Thanks for the information =)

« previous 1