Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Add a sentence,make a story

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by cindrella (last edited Dec 15, 2011 08:51AM) (new)

cindrella (kickasscinderella) | 53 comments This is very simple game,as the name implies someone starts with a sentence or a phrase and someone else continues with something else and so on, this will turn out to be a very spontaneous story,hopefully everybody will enjoy it....

EVERYBODY is invited!!

I will start the story by writing the first sentence

It was a warm sunny day.

message 2: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3781 comments Mod
It was a warm sunny day.
So I decided to take a walk throught the forest.

message 3: by Anastasia (last edited Dec 15, 2011 02:07PM) (new)

Anastasia | 427 comments It was a warm sunny day.
So I decided to take a walk through the forest.
In the forest it was dark and cool.

message 4: by Tanecia (new)

It was a warm sunny day.
And a leprechaun jumped from behind a tree and said

message 5: by Janina (last edited Dec 15, 2011 10:50PM) (new)

Janina (synchronizedreading) | 183 comments It was a warm sunny day.
And a leprechaun jumped from behind a tree and said,
"Where's me pot of gold!"

message 6: by Tanecia (new)

It was a warm sunny day.
And I say "well I had it just a minute ago but I fell and dropped it and now I'm lost-will you help me find it?"

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Dec 16, 2011 06:07AM) (new)

Sheri | 12469 comments Mod
It was a warm sunny day.
And I say "well I had it just a minute ago but I fell and dropped it and now I'm lost-will you help me find it?"
"You lost me pot of gold? Then I'll take you instead!"

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Wilson (StorytellerTDW) | 53 comments It was a warm sunny day.

With a snap of his fingers and an evil wink we were transported to the world that legends speak of.

message 9: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 427 comments It was a warm sunny day.

With a snap of his fingers and an evil wink we were transported to the world that legends speak of.
It was dark and sharp rocks hung down from the ceiling, almost as if their waiting for just the right moment to fall and crush you.

message 10: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Dec 17, 2011 08:55PM) (new)

We walked for what seemed like forever, until we finally came to a large room.

message 11: by cindrella (new)

cindrella (kickasscinderella) | 53 comments As soon as i entered the room,i was dazzled by what i saw.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stalker (mstalker402) Upon an oak dresser in the center of the room sat a large pot of gold.

message 13: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

It was a warm sunny day.

It was dark and sharp rocks hung down from the ceiling, almost as if their waiting for just the right moment to fall and crush you.

We walked for what seemed like forever, until we finally came to a large room. As soon as i entered the room,i was dazzled by what i saw. Upon an oak dresser in the center of the room sat a large pot of gold.

"You tricked me!" I cried. "You had your gold the whole time!"

message 14: by May (new)

May (maysoon-h) It was a warm sunny day.

We walked for what seemed like forever, until we finally came to a large room. As soon as i entered the room,i was dazzled by what i saw. Upon an oak dresser in the center of the room sat a large pot of gold.

" I didn't mean to trick you" the leprechaun said "I just wanted to show you something ".

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Rawlings | 170 comments It was a warm sunny day.

" I didn't mean to trick you" the leprechaun said "I just wanted to show you something ". He walked to left wall, placed his hand on runes etched in the stone, whispered words in a language I did not recognize and a doorway appeared.

message 16: by May (new)

May (maysoon-h) .....

" I didn't mean to trick you" the leprechaun said "I just wanted to show you something ". He walked to left wall, placed his hand on runes etched in the stone, whispered words in a language I did not recognize and a doorway appeared. "only humans can go in there" he said ,"you'll see down there lots things. there's no need to be afraid"

message 17: by Maria Ines (new)

Maria Ines Alvarez (pinkoreta) It was a warm sunny day.

" I didn't mean to trick you" the leprechaun said "I just wanted to show you something ". He walked to left wall, placed his hand on runes etched in the stone, whispered words in a language I did not recognize and a doorway appeared.
"only humans can go in there" he said ,"you'll see down there lots things. there's no need to be afraid"

"go on down there, look for a book with a red cover in it you will read your future" the lepruchaun said

reply | flag*

message 18: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulu24) | 9 comments It was a warm sunny day.

"only humans can go in there" he said ,"you'll see down there lots things. there's no need to be afraid"

"go on down there, look for a book with a red cover in it you will read your future" the lepruchaun said.
I started down the narrow winding staircase heading into the unknown.

message 19: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (saraisha23) | 29 comments It was a warm sunny day.

"go on down there, look for a book with a red cover in it you will read your future" the lepruchaun said.
I started down the narrow winding staircase heading into the unknown. The walk seemed to take forever as the light get darker and colder.

message 20: by Shay (last edited Jan 18, 2012 02:55PM) (new)

Shay (icylilies) | 49 comments I shivered as I touched the cool walls in hopes of finding a light switch or a door that would lead me to this red book.

message 21: by Libby (new)

Libby Broadbent I had no idea, that at that exact moment, startling events were unfolding in the room I had just left.

message 22: by May (new)

May (maysoon-h) ..... I started down the narrow winding staircase heading into the unknown. The walk seemed to take forever as the light get darker and colder.
I shivered as I touched the cool walls in hopes of finding a light switch or a door that would lead me to this red book. I had no idea, that at that exact moment, startling events were unfolding in the room I had just left.from the distance I could hear arguing voices coming from upstairs.

message 23: by Kyra (last edited Jan 28, 2012 11:23AM) (new)

Kyra I stopped and glanced back, but I knew I must keep going, for the mystery before me was there for me to discover beyond the big oak door at the end of the hall.

message 24: by May (new)

May (maysoon-h) the Hall was so dark, even though the torches on the stone walls were burning violently.

message 25: by Holly (last edited Mar 03, 2012 07:21PM) (new)

Holly I quickened my steps, rapidly looking both ways in the hopes of finding this mysterious red book.

message 26: by Kinza (new)

Kinza Finally, I ended up in a huge never ending library, with books of all shapes and sizes, each of a different colour, and with the name of the person whose future it enclosed. I looked for the red book with my name.

message 27: by Nidhi (last edited Mar 04, 2012 12:31AM) (new)

Nidhi Thomas (nidhithomas) | 3 comments My fingers traced along the spines of the books, trying to find for my book.

message 28: by Maya (new)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 21 comments And there it was five books away from my fingers.

message 29: by Nidhi (last edited Mar 04, 2012 01:00AM) (new)

Nidhi Thomas (nidhithomas) | 3 comments Excitement bubbled inside my chest as I came closer to the book.
I took a moment touching it's spine before removing it from the self and held it close to my chest.

message 30: by Jess (new)

Jess (jelicream) Suddenly, the book began to crumple at my fingertips.

message 31: by Kinza (new)

Kinza For just a moment, I couldn't quite grasp what was happening.

message 32: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Panicked, I tried to open it, failing at my attempt as the books ashes fell to the ground and it was too late.

message 33: by Holly (new)

Holly I looked around nervously, and soon enough, there was the leprechaun. My body started trembling when I noticed an evil grin on his face.

message 34: by May (new)

May (maysoon-h) I said "I.. I don't know what happen...HEY, didn't you say that only humans can come down here? how come you're here? what is going on? "

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 562 comments golem, fashioned of mud and forest debris. A spell was cast and now you breath.

message 36: by Liv (new)

Liv | 34 comments The world started to spin around me, and all I could see was the leprechaun's evil eyes...

message 37: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 280 comments I lost consciousness and dreamed about Ian Somerhalder.

message 38: by 爱心❤ (new)

爱心❤ | 256 comments Soon, I wake to the leer of the leprechaun, who is STILL standing above me.

message 39: by Dean (new)

Dean MacAllister (deanmacallister) And it turned out they were ALL vampires. The end.

message 40: by 爱心❤ (new)

爱心❤ | 256 comments wow. That was weird.

message 41: by Melody (new)

Melody (scarlettoad) Or was it?

message 42: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammysreviews) Haha I didn't see this thread til now.. what fun.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1403 comments So should we start a new story?

message 44: by Mildred (new)

Mildred (mildredchristi) I vote new story XD

message 45: by Duks (new)

Duks (cnduks_) | 1836 comments There was once

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1403 comments A vicious gnome

message 47: by Melody (new)

Melody (scarlettoad) who had the worst hairdo.

message 48: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 280 comments He was very sad because he was in love with a gnome who didn't love him back.

message 49: by Atefeh (new)

Atefeh Cheunyoung (cheun_young) So he set a plan, how to make her fall in love with him

(don't know if that was good) :P

message 50: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (applesticker) | 36 comments Each morning, he would get up before the sun and walk through the forest, collecting her a bouquet of the most beautiful flowers he could find.

« previous 1