Barbara Delinsky Reading Group and Q&A discussion

Sequels

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Ruby Nielsen | 4 comments Family Tree was one of the best book's I have ever read. I know I have repeated this, but I can't help it. I was wondering if you have thought about doing a sequel to Family Tree. I think it would be great to see where everyone is at. Does Dana and Hugh have more children, does she become closer to her father and 1/2 brother's/sister's, does Hugh and his father become closer, ect.

message 2: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Barbara (barbaradelinsky) | 33 comments Mod
As of this time, there is no sequel in the works. I really do like to give my reader's imagination free reign to wonder as it will.

Besides, sequels are tough. I did it once, setting two books -- "Lake News" and "An Accidental Woman" -- in the same lake town in New Hampshire. Making sure that every little detail in the second book was consistent with every little detail in the first was a challenge. I also realized through that effort that, as a writer, I prefer to start each book in a new place with an entirely new cast.

message 3: by Libby (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Libby Kuntz | 9 comments I really loved both of those books, though. I was so grateful that you wrote "An Accidental Woman. " I had really wanted to know more about Griffen and Poppy. The book didn't seem like a rehash, but had a freshness and a life of its own.

message 4: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:39PM) (new)

Barbara (barbaradelinsky) | 33 comments Mod
If I were to write a sequel to Family Tree, which character would you pick to be the main focus?

message 5: by Jo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Jo | 3 comments Thank you Libby for not giving away the end, and I must say this has been a fasinating dialoge to follow about a book I will finally get to read tonight. Barbara, you know how to gentaly ask hard questions.

message 6: by Tammy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Tammy | 6 comments I would like to know more about Corinne starts her life over. Or maybe how Jennifer (and/or the other half-siblings) accept the that their mother wasn't "the love of [Father Jack]'s life".