Love All the People: Letters, Lyrics, Routines Love All the People discussion

hicks

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jake (new)

jake i tried watching this dude's standup. p-u! an unfunnier comedian you'll never meet.

Fabitha Well, it's a matter of taste I guess, but funny or not funny he was still right about how is our world today. We can see it everyday.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

He was funny enough for Dennis Leary to bite off large chunks of his act.

message 4: by C Z (new) - rated it 4 stars

C Z Hazard I think he was the greatest comedian of his day and as much as the US didn't really showcase his talents (he was much more popular in the UK), enough US comedians have taken influence from him.
Of course, he died nearly twenty years ago, so "greatest comedian of his day" would explain why some of the current generation might not get it.
I miss him. I would have loved his acerbic take on Bush 43 and Iraq War 2, but in some ways I'm glad he missed it.

message 5: by Ellie (last edited Dec 24, 2013 08:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ellie Hicks is one of my favorites (up there with George Carlin) and, oddly enough, he's become my 20 year old son' s hero.

Go figure!

message 6: by C Z (new) - rated it 4 stars

C Z Hazard Carlin is another favourite of mine. Check out Lenny Bruce if you haven't already, he opened the doors for comedians like Hicks, Carlin and Pryor. Interestingly, Carlin was also arrested at the same time as Lenny Bruce's famous arrest.
Modern comedians, you can't go wrong with Louis CK.

Ellie Also love Bruce and Pryor.