The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > hello from a newbie

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Hi, I am Fiona. Mum of 3, ages 12, 11 & 9. I have been an avid fan of reading since school.

I live in Northamptonshire, UK. My favourite authors are: Patricia Cornwell, Jackie Collins, James Patterson, Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs and loads of Crim & Thriller authors.

Hope to chat soon xx

message 2: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Hi Fiona lol. I will keep an eye out for that author in the afternoon 2morrow. I am taking kids to library lol.

Hope to chat soon xxx

message 3: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments hey Fiona and Fiona. Hmm, how will I address you both? Maybe Fiona,p-grl with the eye and then the new 'Fiona'!

Fiona(new one), great choice of writers!!! I adore Patricia Cornwell and like Kathy Reiches. Did you read anything of PD James, agatha Christie, Clive Cussler, Dexter Colin (Morse), Elizabeth George, Robert Harris, henning Mankell or Minette Walters. It are other great crime writers which I like or love.

Enjoy finsing out about this group. It will give you a lot of laughter, a lot of time in front of your computer and forget about your former laugh...bookshelves will grow and crazyness will catch you here!

message 4: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Hi Fi, the poo girl:-))))

message 5: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments :-)))))))

carrot cake girl?

Petra is Darla in the book (petra-x) Poo girl HAHAHAHA. Nah, FionaI.

I shouldn't laugh I know what you'll all call me. So I'm abjectly sorry.

Welcome to new Fiona. Please don't start using eyes for icons or we will be completely confused.

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10144 comments Mod
Hi Newbie Fiona. Welcome to the club. AS you can see the old Fiona is labeled with a particularly interesting love... of....poo...

Oh dear.

Anyhow, I am really glad you joined us, and please do not be alarmed. We are quite the normal book loving bunch. Just get a bit rowdy now and again!

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oh no Fiona... what I meant to say was the ORIGINAL Fiona!!! The IRREPLACEABLE Fiona! Thats what I meant to say, honest :)

(batts her eyelashes in a cute, please dont chuck poo at me, kinda way)

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Phew!

message 10: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Hello and welcome to the new Fiona!!

message 11: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments I actually thought Fiona was playing a joke on us when I first saw this thread.
Welcome new Fiona. So nice to have you!!
This is a really fun group!!

message 12: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments LOLZ !! Omg, Fiona Part Deux !! Welcome to this group. Petra is right. Don't start using eyes for your avatar. It'll be terribly confusing. I hope you enjoy here as much as the Fiona Part-I does.

message 13: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Lori, did you practise the look for Foona or you se it often? :-)))
Irreplaceable Fiona, must have made you feel really good, didn't it??? :-))))

Kellie, I hadn't thought about that! It would have been possible, wouldn't it?

Fiona..uhm 2, are you still with us?? :-))))

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Fiona! :)

message 15: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Well, I think ur all really nice and funny. I am not scared off. Last weekend, I spent Saturday morning shopping (food) and Saturday afternoon in the library with 3 kids lol.

I will copy & paste what books are on my tbr pile and what I have read already incase ur wondering what I do read lol.

Btw ladies my dad calls me "Titch", so u can call me that instead lol xx

message 16: by Darla (last edited Nov 12, 2008 08:42PM) (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome!! I have to say that I thought Fiona I was messing with us as well...lol You'll love this site and this group. We're all overly friendly, but not in that creepy drunk uncle in the corner kind of way....

side note: I actually have a post card on my fridge that my brother bought for me because, and I quote, "It reminded me of you". This is what it says:

'There is nothing that a little poo throwing can't fix."