The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy | 181 comments I'm a newbie to this group. A discussion of the Outlander series caught my eye, so here I am. A little about me: I'm married, mother of three amazing kids. I work full time as a School Social Worker in Denver, CO. In what little free time I have (by ignoring my pile of to-be-folded laundry and other household tasks), I love to read. Lately I've been switching back and forth between two series--Outlander and Southern Vampire (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood). Two very different kind of reads, to be sure. But I'm really enjoying both. I'm looking forward to the discussions!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Ahh Christy... you are in great company here. Tons of chores piling up while I am sitting in my mushroom chair tucking into my novel.....

We sure know our priorities, dont we!!

message 3: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments Welcome Christy!
Nice to meet ya!

message 4: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome Christy...I too have so many chores building up. hehe!! I live just North of you glad to have met you. :~)

message 5: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Christy!

message 6: by Darla (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group!

message 9: by Christy (new)

Christy | 181 comments Thank you thank you! :) Glad to be here.

message 10: by Vipiflower (new)

Vipiflower | 10 comments Welcome to the group! I enjoy reading Sookie Stackhouse mysteries too. Have also been watching True Blood on television.

Vipi

message 11: by Christy (new)

Christy | 181 comments I have been watching True Blood. That's actually how I stumbled across the books. I like the books a lot more, but I'm enjoying watching the show too. I think they did a good job on casting, but some of the changes bug me.

message 12: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Hello and welcome!!

message 13: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
I wont watch the show till i read all the books, so I guess Ill get catching it on DVD release this summer.....