Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Weird Things >> The doppelgänger thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yesterday I was in a store and I walked by someone who looked exactly like me. I did a double-take, and so did he, and we sort of looked at each other across the store until I left. It was strange...I've never had that happen to me before.

Anyone have anything weird, supernatural, etc. happen?

message 2: by Wren (new)

Wren I met my hand twin yesterday....OK. I'm lying.

And I really hope that I never meet my double. If I do have a double out there I bet she hates her thighs and big ass as much as I do. *sigh*

I do have those little deja vu moments. Like I'm in the middle of doing something and being in a place and I'll think, "Wait. I've done this/been here before."

FREAKS ME OUT MAN.

Books Ring Mah Bell I had lunch with my dad earlier in the week, and our waitress came off as a real bitch. Unfriendly, distant... Normally I would guess she's just a wench, but I had this feeling hit me hard... I thought "she is dealing with some serious shit in her life right now." Sure enough, she spilled that she has a child at home dealing with stage 4 cancer.

I was freaked out all day.

message 4: by Wren (new)

Wren Oh my Gosh! That is so sad.

You know, if you REALLY think about it, everyone is dealing with a lot of shit. More than we can imagine sometimes.

I can't imagine having a child that sick at home and having to leave them to come to work. Man that sucks.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I'm new here, but I can offer a little advice. I think you're okay Random, as long as you two don't touch. If you do, you'll be sucked into a mirror dimension or something.

message 6: by Gåry! (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) You should read Repetition by Alain Robbe-Grillet.

message 7: by Gåry! (new)

Gåry! (garyneill) But DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOUR Doppelganger. I can't stress that enough.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I know I won't

Not again, anyway.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

This was (moderately) weird.

Once I picked up the telephone to call someone and that other person was already on the line (without my dialing) because I had picked up the phone at the split second that person had called me BUT before the phone started ringing.

Nothing like supernatural, for sure, but a helluva lot more interesting than all that crap in the New York Times Metropolitan Diary...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Once I was visiting my relatives in Orofino, Idaho. I was about 13. I was surrounded by double-wide trailers, knotty pine, and mile-high bangs. My relatives started talking about how my dad almost sold our house when I was in Kindergarten. He was planning on moving to Orofino to be a logger with his brothers.

I was sitting on the couch, staring at my cousins in their trailer, realizing that had my dad gone through with it, I'd be ONE OF THEM. It was really strange to imagine, as they really felt like aliens to me.

message 11: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOUR Doppelganger

I would totally fuck myself. (Other than how I do all the time anyway.) I'm think I'm the best lover I've ever had.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I know I'm the best lover I've ever had. Other people don't know how to do anything right.

message 13: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Tru dat.

I even said it to myself in the bathroom mirror once after a particularly satisfying shower.

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments We did not speak to each other, no, KD. In fact, at one point he slapped the ass, joking, of the woman he was with, and I thought, "My doppleganger should not slap his woman's ass in public. It's unseemly."

I was disappointed.

message 15: by David (new)

David Katzman (daviddavid) Thoughtful advice, Mindy. I had sex with myself once, but then when i didn't call myself the very next day I became quite threatened. Had i not been as good as i thought i was? Was i out of my own league? Was i just a one night stand? I tried calling myself a few times, but it went straight to voicemail every time. Was i ignoring myself or what?

In the end, i had to tell myself that it wasn't me, it was me.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17345 comments Mod
This entire thread is freaking me out.

I know I have a doppelganger in town, people often come up to me and start conversations, and when I meet new people they often say "you look so familiar, do we know each other." I mean often.
I've begun just chalking it up to Sally2 out there somewhere.

message 17: by David (new)

David Katzman (daviddavid) Hmmh, Sally. Your post 18 sounds so familiar to me, but i can't quite put my finger on it. Did someone else post this exact same message somewhere else? I wonder...

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

har, har.

message 19: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24320 comments Mod
Weird: this 1980 photo of Brooke Shields and William Kennedy Smith dancing.

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Weird photo in a very weird old thread with some classic Sally and Mindy.

message 21: by Wendall Paul (new)

Wendall Paul Sexton (wendallpaul) | 22 comments This entire forum is very weird - in a friendly sort of way.

I have to wonder, if you see another person who looks exactly like yourself, do you start doing the classic Harpo Marx mirror routine?

message 22: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Tsk. Don't you all know that "weird" has been replaced with "differently normal"?

message 23: by Wendall Paul (new)

Wendall Paul Sexton (wendallpaul) | 22 comments Jammies wrote: "Tsk. Don't you all know that "weird" has been replaced with "differently normal"?"

I'll have to remember that. The new norm - different.

message 24: by David (new)

David (davidinms) | 2 comments Different? Well, maybe I'll fit right in. I've always thought myself different....

message 25: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments David wrote: "Different? Well, maybe I'll fit right in. I've always thought myself different...."

Different from what?

message 26: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I've always thought myself different from trees.

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments And so you are.

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Janine is treecist.

message 29: by Lori (new)

Lori | 181 comments the messages don't seem to relate to the topic here....

message 30: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Lori wrote: "the messages don't seem to relate to the topic here...."

That has never happened here before :-)

message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori | 181 comments Jim wrote: "Lori wrote: "the messages don't seem to relate to the topic here...."

That has never happened here before :-)"

Ah, so, i guess that in itself makes it weird...?

message 32: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments Green baby poop.

THAT fits the topic.

message 33: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Wait, green baby poop is weird? I just thought it was gross.

message 34: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments I figure it's weird because as a grown-up I've never (to my knowledge) had green poop.

So why did it only occur as a baby???

Weird.

message 35: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments You're right, that is kind of weird. I've never thought about it, but I also haven't changed very many diapers in my lifetime.

message 36: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Phil wrote: "I figure it's weird because as a grown-up I've never (to my knowledge) had green poop.

So why did it only occur as a baby???

Weird."

Eating a lot of spinach can make it look green, but it's a different kind of green than baby poop.

message 37: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Janine is treecist."

I've never been called treecist in my entire life!

message 38: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments I'm sure you have plenty of tree friends, right?

message 39: by Lori (new)

Lori | 181 comments you know, there's a very fine line between sanity and insanity....

message 40: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Lori wrote: "you know, there's a very fine line between sanity and insanity...."

Around here, there's basically no line between sanity and insanity.

message 41: by Sally, la reina (new)

Poop!

message 42: by Phil (last edited Oct 10, 2011 07:19PM) (new)

Phil | 11676 comments Sally, you spelled that backwards!

The P(ee) goes in FRONT of the oop(s).

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

Phil, in which thread did I recently state your loathing for me?

message 45: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments I don't loathe you, though. That must be Clark.

message 46: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) | 107 comments Phil wrote: "I figure it's weird because as a grown-up I've never (to my knowledge) had green poop.

Eat more asparagus.

message 47: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Phil wrote: "I'm sure you have plenty of tree friends, right?"

I must confess I never hugged one, maimed quite a few of them, and I killed a baby tree recently to feed to the goats. Maybe Sarah's right.

message 48: by David (new)

David (davidinms) | 2 comments OK, maybe I'm more normal than I thought...

message 49: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24320 comments Mod
No wonder I've never seen the Ficus and janine huddling close.

message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim Phil wrote: "Green baby poop.

THAT fits the topic."

Whoooa! Doppleganger thread moment.

Just a few hours ago we were talking about star ratings for books and what color they would be. I contributed:

1 star = Baby poop green

I'm weirded out! I'm weirded out!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.