Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Adding books to author page

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donald (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Donald | 20 comments Hi. I can't figure out how to add a book to my author page. I'm part of the anthology "Rebellion" isbn 0978673808. I'm listed as one of the writers; how do I get it onto my bio? Thanks!

message 2: by Donald (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Donald | 20 comments I went to the book page and added my name as the author, yet the book still didn't show up on my author page. Is there another way to add the book?

message 3: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 17 comments It is not showing up since there's more than one name listed in each author field.

Your name is Donald Capone... and the contents of the author 1 field on the book in question is:

"Donald Capone, Susan DiPlacido, Tom Saunders, Steve Hansen, Katrina Denza"

This will not be a match. In order for it to be a match, the contents of an author field must be an exact string match for the author's name (so in this case the field would need to only contain "Donald Capone" for it to be picked up in your author profile.

message 4: by Donald (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Donald | 20 comments Thanks Jessica! I did what you said and today it showed up on my profile. Now what happens if one of the other authors want to add the book too?

message 5: by Otis, Chief Architect (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
Hey Donald,

Our system currently only supports up to 3 authors for a book. I know this is short-sighted, especially when dealing with things like anthologies, and we're hoping to correct it.