The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Intros, Questions & Suggestions > Regarding Spoiler Posts

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:28PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
Hey gang, could you do your friends a favor? If you are posting in the SPOILER thread, could you either leave several lines blank at the beginning or simply uncheck the "add to RSS feed" button? This way those of us not there yet won't start reading before we know it's from the spoiler thread. Thanks!

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:29PM) (new)

Meghan Sorry! FYI (to my friends), I am no longer going to update my Update Feed when discussing the book. You'll just have to check the posts to know if I've said anything or not.

I apologize if I've spoiled any parts for anyone. This book really needs to be kept spoiler free!

message 3: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Meghan Michele - are my posts NOT going to my update feed? I'm clicking off the box, but when I click on "post" I see that the box is checked again. Just want to make sure it's working. Otherwise I need to ask Otis about it. I'm trying not to send posts to the update feed.

message 4: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
It seems to still be posting... at least that last one. Thank you for returning down a bit just in case! I'm not going to check on any others because, well, then I'd have to look at the spoilers, now wouldn't I? ")

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Meghan Okay, I sent a note to Otis about the update feed issue. But I also made a comment on the Spoiler thread. Apparently it is something that is on their "to do" list. But Otis said that if more people make this request (that they provide some sort of device to reduce spoilers...like whiteing out text and you have to highlight it in order to read it), they will get to it sooner.

So I suggest to those of you who would like to reduce spoilers, please go to the Goodreads feedback group and request a anti-spoiler tool!