The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer The Happiest Baby on the Block discussion

Review

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessicadutson (new)

Jessicadutson I keep hearing about this book everywhere. What do you think so far? I can't wait to read it. I love the 5s's and hope to get my hands on a copy of it soon!

Casey Meinerding I had to stop reading this. I agree w/ everyone--the info is helpful AND it's full of fluff. This seriously could have maybe been a 10 pg pamphlet that the doctors pass out. I am kind of insulted at the amount of fluff. Like the reader won't notice? Anyway. The 5 S's. Memorized. The rest of the book--well, I'll just keep it on my shelf in case I need to reread the 9 chapters that define colic.

Erika It definitely had filler - but the advice in this book worked better than any other advice I had read or received when becoming a new mother. I don't follow it all to a T - but the tips they give are fabulous. This is a staple gift for anyone I know becoming a parent for the first time.

I can't say the same for the "Happiest Toddler On The Block" though. That one was disappointing.

Natalie 5 S's really work, I agree - lots of fluff. And in the middle of dealing with tiny baby (screaming or not) it's really hard to buckle down and go through it all when you Really want to go into lala land and sleep... or read about something else...
Personally my kids ended up being really good (Thank you Lord) but the same principals apply to keep them happy.

Real Happy It's not just a how to. There are explanations and stories that might help resonate with the reader. But if someone is looking for a detailed summary of the book to help them decide if they should get it or not, there's one available here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWW47...