We're the Kids of America discussion

Hot Topics > Abortion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,061 (1061 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben | 16 comments Starting a new thread now that the 3 have been kicked out.

message 2: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 90 comments Thank you! They were kicked out?

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Thank you!!!! Yes, they were finally kicked out.

message 4: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments thats okey dokey. yay! their gone! :P

message 5: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments who?

message 6: by Mystery Girl (last edited Nov 02, 2008 02:39PM) (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 90 comments Mario and what's-his-name. The ones cus'n people out.

message 7: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments OH PRAISE GOD!

message 8: by Eric▲ (last edited Nov 02, 2008 03:09PM) (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments I'm serrious!
oh yeah, not all of os believe in God,
O.K. then

OH PRAISE NOTHING!

message 9: by Cira (new)

Cira (loveistheanswer106) | 56 comments THANK YOU!!!

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Lol, Eric.

message 11: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments ...
i was being sarcastic...
ok for all you others...

OH PRAISE MY PUPOSELES LIFE!

♪♪♪☺☻♥♥☺☻Lola♪♪♪☺☻♥ | 13 comments God is good!No one should ever be ashamed, to mention him!

message 13: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments hence why i'm not ashamed to proclaim my faith in GOd

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige Yay for God!

message 16: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!!

message 18: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments YOU ARE AWESOME GOD!
THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE WORLD!

message 19: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments i think that abortions should be allowed with some kind of control system

i mean seriously, star jones or someone claimed to have done 20 abortions, that's just TOO much

so pro-choice with a limit

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm pro-choice but anti-abortion, pretty much. I think is should be legal because it's a right, but I do think that women overuse it. no abortion as a form of birth control...

message 21: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments yeah

it IS the girl's choice

but some things will just be against my mortals no matter what

and im pretty sure 20 rapes or more on one person and 20 pregnancies is VERY RARE if not impossible

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 19, 2008 06:04PM) (new)

I totally agree... it is just completely up to the woman, but it's also a moral issue. But at a baseline, no one can impose their views on anyone else, because where life begins is a matter of opinion.

I agree with you that that many abortions is crazy, but I also think abortion is really hard to regulate.

message 23: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments well nothing's perfect

i think the limit should be like 5

but that's just me

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

But what if you get a woman who has wasted 5 abortions and then has a baby with dangerous birth defects...

message 25: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments well with some exceptions i guess

but if women are aware they have only 5, they should be smart enough not to misuse them

message 26: by Paige (new)

Paige I reaaaally like the limits suggestion. It's genius.

message 27: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments yeah i made it up like a couple weeks ago

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe you could limit it to five but exclude the usual. Rape, incest, birth defects, etc.

message 29: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments by the way all you pro-choicers,
Did you ever think the baby should have a choice?

message 30: by Paige (last edited Nov 22, 2008 05:13PM) (new)

Paige I'm all for choices. But to all the strictly pro-lifers, did you ever think the woman who has to carry and birth and care for the baby should have a choice? Especially in the case of rape and other serious issues like it? :/ I mean, my basic philosophy on such personal things like this & gay marriage is that if it's not your problem, you should leave the choice to the person whose problem it is.

message 31: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 84 comments you haven't answered my question...

message 32: by Paige (new)

Paige Yes, I said, "I'm all for choices." Which means, yes, the baby should have a choice. But so should everyone involved. The dominant choice, though, in that scenario, would be the mother's. That's my opinion.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

The baby isn't even a baby at that point. So no.

message 34: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments i dunno

that's what im iffy on

yes, i take everything personally so i kinda think the baby should get a chance

since american is all about giving everyone 'equal opportunity'

but heck, can't have everything

message 35: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 90 comments Before those spammers got on here I posted my opinion on abortion regarding rape, but I think I'm going to reiterate it.
First, I believe abortion is wrong. In the case of rape I sympathize and any man who would do something like that should(in my opinion) be stuck in jail and have the key thrown away after a severe beating. But I do not believe that a pregnancy resulting from rape justifies an abortion. Here's a scenario for you to analyze.

A woman is raped and becomes pregnant.

She has the baby.

Six years later she's at the store with her little boy, when her mind flashes back to that terrible night and she kills the child.

Is it murder?

yes

What if she had killed him 6 months after he was born? Is it murder?

yes

6 weeks?

yes

6 minutes after he was born?

Yes!!!

What about 6 months before he was born?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many doctors and women justify their actionsby saying that the child is not viable( able to live on its own). Well.... I got news for them. We're not viable either stark naked on the North Pole!

Another thing they say is that the child is not a living being... just a fetus. A lump of matter that can be removed like a cancer tumor. That child is as alive as you or me. The word Life comes from the German word Leib meaning body. Any doctor will tell you that from the moment of conception that "fetus" is growing a body.

The only problem I have with the right to chose is that the woman is not chosing to abort her body. She is killing the life of a child no different from herself when she was at that stage.

For those who support abortion I respect your opinion( though I strongly disagree) and I know I've probably tried your patience, but I have just one more question.
Aren't you glad your mother didn't abort you?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

But it's not up to you. I am also anti-abortion. Although I am not sure where life begins, I am against abortion in most cases. But it is a basic right for every woman. Some may believe that life does not begin until the baby is, say, six months old. If she gets an abortion before then, it is not murder. Since we do not yet have a way to prove when a baby becomes conscious, or really define where life begins in any way, there is no way to know. For now, it is a matter of opinion, and no one person should force their opinion onto anyone else.

message 37: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 90 comments Erin, so the baby doesn't have a body and therefor life until six months after conception? It's not a living being until it is six months old? Its just that lump of matter and miraculously forms all that it has at six months of age overnight? That child is growing from the moment it is conceived. Life begins at conception. pure and simple

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

For one thing, that was just an example, and for another, my point still stands. You have no way to prove that life begins at conception. It is your /opinion/. So you can't force that on anyone else.

message 39: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments good job mystery girl (luv your name)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, there is no way that a woman shouldn't have a choice when she is RAPED. Will she ever really be able to love that child as she should when it has come out of such violence and hate? I don't think so.

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige I'd rather be ready to love a child than to simply tolerate one.

message 42: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 90 comments good point Jai. That child has no say in his/her conception. No say whatsoever who its father is nor under what circumstance he/she came to exist.
I'm not saying that the woman has to raise the child. She can place the child for adoption. There is always someone willing to love him/her even if the mother can't.

message 43: by Cira (new)

Cira (loveistheanswer106) | 56 comments I totally agree. People are always like well what if she's raped or if it's a medical problem. Sure, they have every right to, but that is a very small percentage of all abortions, and I would never support a law being passed that didn't include those exceptions, so can we just focus on the main problem? Women who make the choice to have unprotected sex and don't want to deal with the consequences so they just kill the problem.

message 44: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments yeah personally, maybe id be in a little shock if the baby looked a lot like the rapist

but just because the rapists blood is in the baby doesn't make the baby a rapist

it's not the parents who change the baby as long as they don't raise them

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I am totally pro adoption. I think people should stop getting abortions and just give their babies up for adoption if they can't handle it, or work something else out.

But still. No one is able to answer me about the basic right of every woman of control over her own body, because we can't define when life begins. Anyone want to field that one? I'm interested.

message 46: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 90 comments Erin, I have answered this. I have no problem with a woman chosing what to do with her own body. She can get all kind of peircings, tattoos, etc. that she wants, but a baby is not part of her body. It is a human being in the early stages of life therefore she has no right to kill that life form because it is not her body.

message 47: by Paige (new)

Paige Actually, with the connection of an umbilical cord and the fact that the baby is inside of the woman, I think that it's a part of her body.

message 48: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 318 comments well once the babies heart starts to beat, im 100 % sure it's alive
(in my case)

message 49: by Paige (new)

Paige I still think abortion should be allowed because of the exceptions. If a woman is raped ( yeah, we've heard it before, but still ) she didn't request for that to happen to her either. I think it's extreme to ban abortion because of such cases. Like, if the woman is too frail to have the child, or it's a hazard to her health, and someone forces her to go through with it, that's like killing another human too. I always think of exceptions and consequences before I pick sides. That's why I'm pro-choice.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Paige, and I also still think abortion should be allowed because there is no way as of yet to prove where life begins. It's a matter of opinion.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22