Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within Creativity discussion

Silence

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samin In this book Osho talks a lot about being silent & not talking to achieve everything.but in Florence Schovel Shinn books she says you have to use positive words a lot to get what you want.How do you think about this contrast?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you asking if being silent and not talking will get you what you want, or if using positive words a lot will get you what you want?

My suggestion is, if you're looking for magic, to get involved in the Wicca movement. There are lots of spells to do all SORTS of things in Wicca. Start stockpiling frog's eyes for those "get rich quick" incantations.

message 3: by kate (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:17AM) (new)

kate positive words work for me. if you think about it and listen to the words around you...you would be surprised at what you are listening to - with music, the sports, television etc.

I had to stop listening to certain things and there are certain people I tune out in order to maintain the right mind set.

positive words can't hurt and words can be a kind of magic - you can use them for seduction, to create peace, to spread love, to incite happiness and laughter.

Or you can use them to spread unhappiness, boredom, misery....

I haven't read the book - but silence is good too. cleansing. If you can get it - too many people wasting words in the city to get silence.