Good YA Series discussion

Other Comments or Questions > Breaking Dawn Part 1 Movie

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BeautyUnknown (new)

BeautyUnknown (prettygirlread) | 3 comments Whose watching Breaking Dawn this Weekend?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Marx (elizabethmarxbooks) | 3 comments Already saw it last night. I won't post any spoilers here, but expect the best film of the series.

All's Fair in Vanities War (The Seer's Seven Deadly Fairy Tales) by Elizabeth Marx The Seer says you must see it.

message 3: by BeautyUnknown (new)

BeautyUnknown (prettygirlread) | 3 comments lucky u elizabeth.. i have too wait till the weekend

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Marx (elizabethmarxbooks) | 3 comments My daughter is 14 and we always go to the midnight showing. She says it makes me pretty cool, but not as cool as putting her in my book :) What books are you reading now? Do you like series or stand alone titles? What about english lit?

message 5: by Jamielyn (new)

Jamielyn | 4 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Already saw it last night. I won't post any spoilers here, but expect the best film of the series.

All's Fair in Vanities War (The Seer's Seven Deadly Fairy Tales) by Elizabeth MarxThe Seer says you must see it."

Indeed, the best movie in the series yet. Let's just hope that the part 2 will be so much better. :)

message 6: by knits & lit (new)

knits & lit (hdtracy) | 5 comments I loved finally getting a good look at Bella and Edwards relationship closer in this one... You see a lot more of their relaxed interactions. Plus, they poked fun at themselves a bit, which actually made me think this was definitely the funniest of all the movies, even though it was also such a serious one. Bella looked so creepy when she was pregnant! I don't know how they did that!!

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie (makintosh) | 1 comments Hdtracy wrote:"I loved finally getting a good look at Bella and Edwards relationship closer in this one... You see a lot more of their relaxed interactions. Plus, they poked fun at themselves a bit, which actually made me think this was definitely the funniest of all the movies, even though it was also such a serious one. Bella looked so creepy when she was pregnant! I don't know how they did that!!"

totally agreed, it was an amazin movie, it was what i was expecting and more! and the acting was so much better too. the relationship was way better too. defiantly watching it a second time. i couldn't enjoy it that well, movie theater was packed and there were people that didn't want to be there, which i still don't understand, nobody want to hear your comments!! why do you pay to watch a movie you dont want to watch and ruin the moment for people that do want to watch it?? weird, but still that's how good the movie was half way through they shat up!! :) soo totally creep me out with the birth too... love how bella was turning that was amazing! anyways i'm not saying much dont want to ruin the movie for people:) enjoy!!<3

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 6 comments I already saw the movie, and i think it's the best out of them all so far. They seem to get better as they progress and i think it's because of the different director's. The thing that makes them so good is that the director's seem to learn by their mistakes and make the movies more like the books. This is especially true in the latest movies, a lot of the script was straight out of the books! I hope Breaking Dawn part 2 is just as good.

message 9: by Kathleen (last edited Nov 19, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

Kathleen Harsch I agree with you all. I think Breaking Dawn is translates better as a movie than a book. I thought the book dragged on for too long, although I did like being in Jacob's head. The only part I thought could have been done better is the wolves' voices - they didn't sound like the actors who portayed them and they didn't sound wolfie enough - needed more growl, gutteral sound. But that's a very minor and I mean minor part of the movie. I wish they had used this director sooner. Bill Condon seems to "get" the books like Catherine Hardwicke did. I doubt he would have fired the first Victoria either.

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
im watching it thanksgiving break. i want to reread the book beforehand though. i'm tweeting my process with hashtags #breakingdawn and #reread

message 11: by Chelsea Denisse (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) I just watched Braking Dawn and it was amazing, sad, romantic, and yet heart-breaking,and the end was a huge cliff-hanger, i honestly can't wait for the second one.

message 12: by Nat (new)

Nat (Nat_Hamilton) | 10 comments I loved Breaking Dawn, although it was a bit gory near the end. I loved Jacob even more after this movie, but some of the scenes seemed to stretch on. The wedding scene was my favorite, and the honeymoon was actually sorta funny ( in parts), can't wait for the second half!

Alexis *Reality Bites* (aim2) | 1 comments Did anyone see the seen that came after the credits with the Volturi?!? I left and missed it, want to kno what went down.... Will be going to see it nxt weekend again lol!!!!!!!

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Aww. I envy you guys I couldn't watch it until next week due to work schedules. :(

I am glad to hear though that the movie was great! ^^,

message 15: by Jurga (new)

Jurga | 37 comments It was great ! I think it's the most interesting part in whole series.
I was impressed by K.Stewart.
Second one in a year... jeez..

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments I acually really liked the movie u think it was better than the book for me. I liked how they kept everything and added a few things too

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Jurga wrote: "It was great ! I think it's the most interesting part in whole series.
I was impressed by K.Stewart.
Second one in a year... jeez.."

Awww. shucks. I am really excited to see it now that you guys really said it was good. :))

Did you guys see the thing after the credits?

message 18: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Rebecca wrote: "I acually really liked the movie u think it was better than the book for me. I liked how they kept everything and added a few things too"

Really? Better than the book? Breaking Dawn was my favorite of the four books so I think this is really a MUST see. :D

message 19: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) I didn't see the thing after the credits. Everyone was leaving so I did as well- but I saw it before so it's okey. The movie was really great!

message 20: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelt) | 11 comments Yeah that's why I wait till the lights turn on after every movie.

message 21: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rachaelt) | 11 comments Their acting got a lot better, a lot less awkward

message 22: by Crystal (new)

Rachael wrote: "Their acting got a lot better, a lot less awkward"

Really? That's good. I've been wishing for them to be less awkward for such a long time.

message 23: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Graça | 24 comments so far it's the best movie of the twilight saga :)

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Cornwell-Jordan (wwwreahketgroupiecom) | 20 comments I love Breaking Dawn! there was more of the wolves(which I loved!) and it was so more intense than the rest! I am a BIG TWI FAN! But this was the first in the series that left me on the edge of my seat waiting for more! Although I have read the series twice, I cannot wait for the second part of Breaking Dawn.
I do wish that Ms Meyers would create a series regarding Jacob and Renesmee, That would be simply too awesome!

message 25: by Chelsea Denisse (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Michelle wrote: "I love Breaking Dawn! there was more of the wolves(which I loved!) and it was so more intense than the rest! I am a BIG TWI FAN! But this was the first in the series that left me on the edge of my ..."

I read somewhere that she's thinking about doing that but she has yet to decide

message 26: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (krebovich) | 7 comments I actually read the entire series, and I'm not the biggest fan of the first three movies, but when I was dragged to see breaking dawn part 1, I was thoroughly impressed. They followed the book pretty well, though my good friend Logan wished she could have said, "There's still more head board left, you know," other than that, it was extremely intense, and my mind was blown toward the end, they really made everyone sit on the edge of their seats. The best twilight movie yet, and I'm serious. :)

message 27: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Yeeepeee. I am gonna watch it as in today! Don't care if I get late for work! ahahaha. I can't wait!!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

i was really impressed with their latest movie! i thought it was really good! :)

message 29: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (blackrose388) Saw it the day it came out, so freaking awsome. Sad though that part 2 won't be coming out until november. We have to wait a whole year!!!

message 30: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Yeeeepeee! I watched it yesterday and it was so awesome! The best of all the the other movies. Can't wait for Part 2!

message 31: by Malin (new)

Malin (takemybrokensoul) Breaking dawn was amazing! Loved every minute and i've watched it two times now :)

message 32: by Dana (new)

Dana (dana-lisa) I might watch it 2moro!!!! I can't wait!!!!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Is breaking Dawn inappropiate? I've read the books and it didn't go into much detail but I heard that the movie is pretty gross. What do you guys think?

message 34: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Malin wrote: "Breaking dawn was amazing! Loved every minute and i've watched it two times now :)"

I'll watch it a second time too. :) It was uber cool.

message 35: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Kitty wrote: "Is breaking Dawn inappropiate? I've read the books and it didn't go into much detail but I heard that the movie is pretty gross. What do you guys think?"

Not really inappropriate. The gross things during the child birth scene was toned down also the honeymoon scene. It was the best of all the adaptation so far.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, thanks! :)

message 37: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Sure no problem. :)

message 38: by Crystal (new)

just saw the movie eariler 2day. i really liked it. i think the director for this one is the best director out of the series. is it the same one as eclipse?

did anyone else notice that they were playing chess on their honeymoon with the same chess-set as the bookcover?

i really liked that jacob had more screentime and the graphics they had when she was changing. it was a wonderful movie. i wish i didnt buy that poisonous movie theatre 'soft' drink so i didnt have to get up and pee during the movie.

message 39: by Crystal (new)

Saga wrote: "I didn't see the thing after the credits. Everyone was leaving so I did as well- but I saw it before so it's okey. The movie was really great!"

everyone left during the credits too when i went, but i stayed cuz my friends told me there was a thing after the credits. when it was over though i was the only one there. it was erie.

the volturi were so cryptic (i dont think thats the right spelling). i had no idea who or what they were referring to when aro said they had something he wanted. i was like, "that's not the right order. you need to wait for irena to come to you".

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments Saga wrote: "I didn't see the thing after the credits. Everyone was leaving so I did as well- but I saw it before so it's okey. The movie was really great!"

The thing after the credits? WHAT THING?

message 41: by Jamielyn (new)

Jamielyn | 4 comments @rebecca

The volturi thing. haha a sneak peek of part 2.

message 42: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 29 comments What happened after the credits? damn usher shooed us away after the movie. I didn't get the chance to finish the credits.

message 43: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle (sharpewords) Crystal wrote: "Saga wrote: "I didn't see the thing after the credits. Everyone was leaving so I did as well- but I saw it before so it's okey. The movie was really great!"

everyone left during the credits too wh..."

They were talking about Alice, i think, they want her to join them.

message 44: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle (sharpewords) I saw this movie friday night and loved it. They did it really well, the fans will love it and really it is a movie for the fans. This book was my favourite, i'm a huge Jacob fan and alot of breaking dawn is about him:)Taylor acted so well in this one. I want to see it again and again and again:)

message 45: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brookebrawl) | 5 comments I saw this movie over the holiday weekend. If it weren't for the joy of the holidays, it would have ruined my weekend. It was actually worse than Twilight, something I didn't think was possible. I read this book series years before it became a huge craze. I loved and still love this series so I think I am just going to stop seeing the movies as to preserve the memory of this amazing series. Hey, at least I gave it a 4 movie try!

message 46: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Cornwell-Jordan (wwwreahketgroupiecom) | 20 comments Okay, I am a HUGE Twi fan:) I have already seen the movie twice and am planning a third trip, and of course will need the dvd when its released. It will complete my set.

At first when seeing the movie, Idk...It somewhat disturbed me, I knew that the movie was staying true to the books. I knew that would be the case due to Ms Meyers was the producer and able to oversee the creation of the film, in this one. But not only have I grown to love the book series, but the characters from these films, and it was so hard to see them in this situation. The second time, I must have been a little more prepared, and I was able to enjoy it. I believe the acting on all of their parts was better, and Whoever did the special effects, should receive an award, due to how they transformed Kristin Stewart. Wow, she really looked sick and terrible, it was hard seeing her in that condition.

I was surprised that things were not watered down somewhat, due to all the young viewers that would attend, but again the film remained true to the book. I do believe that parental permission should be received before viewing, due to certain parts. yep, I'm showing my age:) But just to be on the safe side. But it was a wonderful movie which left me on the edge of my seat, hating a whole year will have to go by before viewing again.