Book Discussions > Collared

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kari (new) - added it

Kari Gregg (karigregg) | 140 comments Mod
To talk about ze book.

message 2: by Kari (new) - added it

Virginia wrote: "Can you post the entire book as an excerpt so we, your loyal readers, get a reward by getting it early? :)"

LOL! My contract allows me...You know, I'm honestly not sure. Up to 5% maybe? Rachel and Aleks both would chew me into teeny tiny bits, tho. Fo sho. EEP.

Hey, if you pre-order you get it on the 26th instead of the 28th, though. Two days early is pretty cool and you get a shot at winning free books for a year by pre-ordering, too. I'm a major fan of free. ;D

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) I sooo can't wait to read this book!

message 4: by Kari (new) - added it

Jordan wrote: "I sooo can't wait to read this book!"

Dude, didn't you read the ginormous chunk I accidentally posted to the crit group back when? Jesus, that was embarrassing. LMAO

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) lol, I did Kari, and it only made me want to read more!

message 6: by Kari (new) - added it

Jordan wrote: "lol, I did Kari, and it only made me want to read more!"

You poor thing. I left entire segments missing out of that bad boy, LOL. I think you'll like how the whole of it shakes together, though. Plus, my editors at Riptide were really first rate at pointing out what needed strengthening. Improved the story a lot.

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments I missed it! WAHHHAHAHAHHA

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) That's just total awesomeness Kari! Good editors are amazing and I feel like they can be hard to find too.

message 9: by Kari (new) - added it

Jordan wrote: "That's just total awesomeness Kari! Good editors are amazing and I feel like they can be hard to find too."

Ain't that the truth.

Charming (charming_euphemism) I just read the excerpt and can't decide if I am more intrigued or more scared. I'll have to wait until there are some reviews so I can decide if my delicate sensibilities can take it. :-)

It is your fault for being such a good writer, Kari. I know I'll really suffer with Connor. Heck, I am after reading the excerpt!

message 11: by Kari (new) - added it

Charming wrote: "I just read the excerpt and can't decide if I am more intrigued or more scared. I'll have to wait until there are some reviews so I can decide if my delicate sensibilities can take it. :-)

It is..."

Charming, this story is very, very dub con. I can't stress that enough. If dubious consent is a squick, this ain't the book for you. Seriously.

I'm not trying to drive you or anyone else away from the book. I'm really not. Of course, I want my work to be read and enjoyed. What writer doesn't? But my work isn't for everybody, either. I know that. If dub con is a no, if it isn't a boundary you'd enjoy exploring, then it'd be better to keep your money in your pocket and give Collared a pass. No harm, no foul.

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments SQUEE!!! Very very dub? Why not just non con? hehe. I lurve non con. I'm just reading Fog right now that Miss Asima recommended. It's starting out pretty good. Str8 boy getting... *snicker*

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments Oh, and I have to mention - Kari has the best sex scenes.

message 14: by Kari (new) - added it

♆ Bookaddict wrote: "SQUEE!!! Very very dub? Why not just non con? hehe.

I don't want to spoiler the thing...Hm. If you look in the excerpt, David notes that Connor kicked Scott (his ex) out, which no boy would ever do. Connor didn't accept Scott as his master. Connor was still free to reject him and he is equally free to reject David, Emmett or both.

So no, this isn't non-con. Heavy on the dubious, though. It gets...complicated. LOL

Oh, and I have to mention - Kari has the best sex scenes.

:D

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments Kari wrote: "♆ Bookaddict wrote: "SQUEE!!! Very very dub? Why not just non con? hehe.

I don't want to spoiler the thing...Hm. If you look in the excerpt, David notes that Connor kicked Scott (his ex) out, wh..."

Eh, what do I care? I never remember the spoilers anymore. The majority of my books on my precious that haven't been read, I think, WTH is this? Why did I buy this book again? Who is this author? Then I read the book and go... OH!

Yours - I just go, is it here yet? Is it here yet? HAH. I bought yours on preorder so I'll get it early. SQUEE!

message 16: by Kari (new) - added it

:D I love that pre-ordering it gets it to you 2 days early. And who knows, you might get the free books for a year too. Hell, I might get free books for a year -- I pre-ordered too! LOL

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments Free books would be icing on the cake. But, since I really want the publishing company to do well, I'm okay with paying for the books too.

message 18: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (cutestsubever) Kari wrote: ":D I love that pre-ordering it gets it to you 2 days early. And who knows, you might get the free books for a year too. Hell, I might get free books for a year -- I pre-ordered too! LOL"

I can pre-order already? Why didn't I know that??? *rushes off to buy book YAY*

message 19: by Kari (new) - added it

Yup, if you pre-order, you get it on the 26th instead of the 28th. Holy crud, the 26th is this time next week. I wonder what time Riptide posts the files? For all I know, you might be able to get it at 12:01am Friday night which is even less than the full week.

I should check on this in order to calibrate my woot. ;D

message 20: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (cutestsubever) Kari wrote: "Yup, if you pre-order, you get it on the 26th instead of the 28th. Holy crud, the 26th is this time next week. I wonder what time Riptide posts the files? For all I know, you might be able to get i..."

Yes, yes, yes... *happy dance* I soooo want to read it. I love the title!!!

message 21: by Kari (last edited Nov 19, 2011 05:20PM) (new) - added it

Kat wrote: "Yes, yes, yes... *happy dance* I soooo want to read it. I love the title!!!"

I'm glad they didn't let me change the title to Hot Pervy Smut then. Hehe.

message 22: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (cutestsubever) Kari wrote: "Kat wrote: "Yes, yes, yes... *happy dance* I soooo want to read it. I love the title!!!"

I'm glad they didn't let me change the title to Hot Pervy Smut then. Hehe."

LOL I would have read it even then... I'm totally for pery and kinky ;P

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments Kari wrote: "Kat wrote: "Yes, yes, yes... *happy dance* I soooo want to read it. I love the title!!!"

I'm glad they didn't let me change the title to Hot Pervy Smut then. Hehe."

LOL - Hot Pervy Smut. I likie

message 24: by Kari (new) - added it

♆ Bookaddict wrote: "LOL - Hot Pervy Smut. I likie."

Someday, somebody's going to let me do it and I'll be totally bug-eyed astounded.

Charming (charming_euphemism) Kari wrote: "Charming, this story is very, very dub con. I can't stress that enough. If dubious consent is a squick, this ain't the book for you. Seriously."

You chose the excerpt very well, because it is heavily foreshadowed! I am really intrigued by the scifi-esque reasons for the dynamic. I find dubcon much easier to take when aliens made them do it, and this has that kind of feel.

message 26: by Kari (new) - added it

Charming wrote: "You chose the excerpt very well, because it is heavily foreshadowed! I am really intrigued by the scifi-esque reasons for the dynamic. I find dubcon much easier to take when aliens made them do it, and this has that kind of feel."

LMAO!!! Someday, I'm going to have to read up on fanfic, but yeah, you can definitely say Collared has that kind of groove to it. Part alien, part adaption to the alien maybe? Where the alien is the changed environment.

message 27: by Kari (new) - added it

Just a head's up -- I have it on good authority that anyone who pre-ordered Collared will be able to DL it just after midnight TONIGHT -- waHOO!!!

message 29: by Kari (new) - added it

Just a head's up -- a few hours early, but Collared is now live on Amazon. WOOT!

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) Awesome news! Congrats girl!

Charming (charming_euphemism) And . . . it's #16 at Amazon (kindle gay & lesbian).

message 32: by Kari (new) - added it

Really? Okay, I need to go look because last I knew, IO was still up pretty high...OMFG, I might have TWO TITLES in the top 20. I'll die. Just DIE.

message 33: by Kari (new) - added it

I was doing something else, but I did go look just now...IO's #17. Collared's #14. O.O I couldn't possibly be more giddy & stunned. Simultaneously even. Weird feeling. LOL. Thanks for the head's up Charming! That's...something else. Wow. Just wow.

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments WOOT! So you are celebrating?

message 35: by Kari (new) - added it

Virginia wrote: "Well, that's what happens when you get a rep for writing such great books!"

Collared only got uploaded to Amazon late last night, though. I'm seriously floored.

Thanks, though, truly! I'm just really rather astonished at the moment. LOL

message 36: by Kari (new) - added it

♆ Bookaddict wrote: "WOOT! So you are celebrating?"

I'm supposed to be at work tomorrow morning and no blowing off work because I have a big budget meeting tomorrow night. Cripes, how am I ever going to get to sleep NOW??? LMAO

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments Kari wrote: "♆ Bookaddict wrote: "WOOT! So you are celebrating?"

I'm supposed to be at work tomorrow morning and no blowing off work because I have a big budget meeting tomorrow night. Cripes, how am I ever g..."

Well... an orgasm always help me sleep. Maybe your DH is able to help you out? HHEHEHEHE

message 38: by Kari (new) - added it

♆ Bookaddict wrote: "Kari wrote: "♆ Bookaddict wrote: "WOOT! So you are celebrating?"

I'm supposed to be at work tomorrow morning and no blowing off work because I have a big budget meeting tomorrow night. Cripes, ho..."

:D :D :D

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) Wow, congrats Kari, that's awesome news!

Charming (charming_euphemism) Blog posts about this book here:

http://amaras-place.blogspot.com/

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) Thanks for that link Charming!

And Kari, I'll take that dare! I love your work.

Charming (charming_euphemism) Collared is a book of the month on the M/M Romance group.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) Wow! That's pretty cool Kari! I'm hoping I can get a chance to read it sometime this month, even though I'm no longer part of their group, and never did their monthly reads anyway.

Now you've got an instant audience and instant feedback... that can be good... or maybe not, depending on how it goes and how you take reviews. But hopefully they'll all be good.

message 44: by Kari (new) - added it

Thanks for posting the link, Charming! They msg'ed me about it y'day, but I've been...mental. LOL

Jordan wrote: "Now you've got an instant audience and instant feedback... that can be good... or maybe not, depending on how it goes and how you take reviews. But hopefully they'll all be good."

Oh no, that's a discussion for readers, not for me to be a butt-insky. Not my place to intrude. I've jumped into discussions in the Kindle Smut group before, yeah, but only after I was invited. Readers should feel free to speak their minds without me hovering about. ;-)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm very curious for more from this world! Like once the dust settles from all that is new, what's it like to be alive here? I would hope the sub rights improve greatly, but I'm open to just about anything.

message 46: by Kari (new) - added it

Nony wrote: "I'm very curious for more from this world! Like once the dust settles from all that is new, what's it like to be alive here? I would hope the sub rights improve greatly, but I'm open to just about ..."

Thanks, Nony! Yes, there will be a sequel. Just a question of when. Glad you liked it! :D

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Kari wrote: "Yes, there will be a sequel..."

Excellent!

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments Kari wrote: "
Thanks, Nony! Yes, there will be a sequel. Just a question of when. Glad you liked it! :D "

So... 1.5 years later...where's my sequel?

message 49: by Kari (new) - added it

Miscommunication with Riptide. I thought they weren't interested in it and wanted something new from me instead (which I delivered but can't announce yet...Riptide has a very long lead). Meanwhile, they thought I knew that they wanted it. Except I didn't...I basically had my wires crossed about it for quite a chunk of that 1.5 years.

Where does the sequel stand now? No idea. I just finished a book, man. My brain is fried.

BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme (lacrimsonfemme) | 35 comments Kari wrote: "Miscommunication with Riptide. I thought they weren't interested in it and wanted something new from me instead (which I delivered but can't announce yet...Riptide has a very long lead). Meanwhile,..."

O_o Well...I'll just keep waiting. I adore your stories. You are worth the wait.

« previous 1