Beyond Mr. Darcy: Romantic Historical Fiction discussion

General Discussion > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christie (new)

Christie (cereale) | 202 comments Mod
My name is Christie Smith. I work at the library in Kannapolis, NC. I enjoy romantic historical fiction and started this group to discuss these types of books with others who enjoy them. I have set the group up with 3 group reads to start off with and hope that as we build up a bigger group we can start voting on group reads and discovering others that we might enjoy. I am looking forward to reading with all of you!

message 2: by RLB (new)

RLB Hartmann (rlbh) | 1 comments Hello, Christie! I'm a fellow tarheel who writes what I call romantic historical fiction (and when I have time, also read it). It's refreshing to find a group like yours on Goodreads.

message 3: by Christie (new)

R.L.B. wrote: "Hello, Christie! I'm a fellow tarheel who writes what I call romantic historical fiction (and when I have time, also read it). It's refreshing to find a group like yours on Goodreads."

Great to have you!

message 4: by April (new)

April (AJoyS) | 129 comments My name is April. This the 1st group I have join on goodreads. I live in the concord area and found out about it in Checking In the Cabarrus County Public Library news letter. I like to read romantic historical novels and historical fiction in general.

message 5: by Christie (new)

April wrote: "My name is April. This the 1st group I have join on goodreads. I live in the concord area and found out about it in Checking In the Cabarrus County Public Library news letter. I like to read romant..."

Welcome April! I'm glad you have joined us and that you found us in the newsletter!

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Livibugg) | 1 comments April wrote: "My name is April. This the 1st group I have join on goodreads. I live in the concord area and found out about it in Checking In the Cabarrus County Public Library news letter. I like to read romant..."

Welcome to the group, April! I, too, am new and have already enjoyed the last book we read. I'm looking forward to this next book, as soon I can get my hands on it and hope you will enjoy it as well!

message 7: by April (new)

April (AJoyS) | 129 comments Olivia wrote: "April wrote: "My name is April. This the 1st group I have join on goodreads. I live in the concord area and found out about it in Checking In the Cabarrus County Public Library news letter. I like ..."

Hi Olivia thank for the welcome. I have already read The Other Bolyen Girl and it is wonderful. I'm sure you will enjoy it! I think I'm going to read the April book this month since I joined so close to the end of month and didn't get a chance. Also I justed accepted your friend request.

message 8: by Christie (new)

Welcome Olivia! I'm glad you found us! April, the book for our April read is quite good. It's set in NC and you will probably recognize some of the places in the book.

message 9: by April (new)

April (AJoyS) | 129 comments Christie wrote: "Welcome Olivia! I'm glad you found us! April, the book for our April read is quite good. It's set in NC and you will probably recognize some of the places in the book."

Christie, Sounds good I'm going to get it at the library tommor.

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffanyrose527) Hi, my name is Tiffany and I read all the time and I love historical fiction among other genres and I have a particular interest in the tudors. I have already read several Philippa Gregory books and I love her. I am excited to see what new books and authors I will discover here :)

message 11: by Christie (new)

Welcome to the group Tiffany! I hope you find lots of new books and authors that you enjoy. I love reading about the Tudors as well!

message 12: by April (new)

April (AJoyS) | 129 comments Tiffany wrote: "Hi, my name is Tiffany and I read all the time and I love historical fiction among other genres and I have a particular interest in the tudors. I have already read several Philippa Gregory books a..."

Welcome Tiffany! Looking forward to your contributions to group discussions.

message 13: by Emmly (new)

Emmly Jane (emmlyjane) Hello ladies -- Hope you don't mind me joining your group. I love historical romances. I've not participated in a group before but I am looking forward to the book discussion. I've already ran out (i.e. amazon) and purchased the book for September. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. Blessings, Emmly

message 14: by April (new)

April (AJoyS) | 129 comments Emmly wrote: "Hello ladies -- Hope you don't mind me joining your group. I love historical romances. I've not participated in a group before but I am looking forward to the book discussion. I've already ran o..." Welcome Emmly! Hope you enjoy the book club and will contribute your comments on the book selections.

message 15: by Christie (new)

Welcome to the group Emmly!

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments Hello everyone my name is Ashley,
I enjoy reading Historical fiction among other genres. Though this is my first time being active in an online group, i have been in several book clubs. It seems Philippa Gregory is my most favored Author when it come to Historical Fiction since most of her works has taken over my bookshelf. I also treasure Linda Berdoll's works because i'm a huge Jane Austen fan and absolutely adore the sequels she has made to Pride & Prejudice. Its great to find a group of similar intrests!

message 17: by April (last edited Sep 26, 2012 02:15PM) (new)

April (AJoyS) | 129 comments Welcome, Ashley! I hope you enjoy the book club and will also contribute your comments on the book selections. I also enjoy Philppa Gergory , my favorite of hers is The Constant Princess. I have also read Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife by Linda Berdoll and looking forward to reading Days and Nights at Pemberley.

message 18: by Christie (new)

Welcome Ashley!

message 19: by Julian (new)

Julian Griffith (Julian_Griffith) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Julian Griffith. I love historical fiction and historical romance, especially Patrick O'Brian and Georgette Heyer, and my first novel, Love Continuance and Increasing, will be coming out from Storm Moon Press in August. It's m/m/f menage romance set in England during the Napoleonic Wars -- it starts just as the Peace of Amiens begins and ends shortly after the Battle of Trafalgar. I'm looking forward to discovering more books to love!

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (missie322) Hi all! My name is Melissa and I'm from Michigan. I found through Goodreads challenges and groups, I really enjoy reading historical fiction. April recommended this group to me, so I'll be joining the discussion for the April book selection :)