Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > How can we keep these books from being combined?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Nov 17, 2011 08:14AM) (new)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) | 66 comments This is driving me nuts and I don't know if there is a solution or not, but I have listed 3 books below that are essentially the same story and have the same characters, but ARE VERY DIFFERENT

One INVOLVES TRUE INCEST
Another INVOLVES STEP-FATHER/STEP-DAUGHTER PSEUDO INCEST
The other INVOLVES A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE FATHER AND BEST FRIEND

People keep combining them probably b/c they are not aware of the differences and I have separated them and tried to note the distinction to no avail. I am sure that part of the problem is also that the first 2 below have the same name with the exception of the word "revised". Is there a solution?

Under Mr. Nolan's Bed by Selena Kitt

ISBN: 9781609820220
Written by: Selena Kitt

link to book on author's website - http://www.excessica.com/books/index....

Description:
Leah and Erica have been best friends and have gone to the same Catholic school since just about forever. Leah spends so much time with the Nolan’s--just Erica and her handsome
father , now, since Erica’s mother died--that she’s practically part of the family. When the girls find something naughty under Mr. Nolan’s bed, their strict, repressive upbringing makes it all the more exciting as they begin their sexual experimentation. Leah’s exploration presses deeper, and eventually she finds herself torn between her best friend and her best friend’s father-- but even she couldn’t have predicted the shocking and bittersweet outcome of their affair.

NOTE - THIS BOOK INVOLVES TRUE INCEST

Under Mr Nolan's Bed (Revised) by Selena Kitt

ISBN-10: 1463563736
ISBN-13: 978-1463563738

Link to book on Amazon (since this was edited for Amazon and appears to ONLY be sold on Amazon) - http://www.amazon.com/Under-Mr-Nolans...

Leah and Erica have been best friends and have gone to the same Catholic school since just about forever. Leah spends so much time with the Nolans—just Erica and her handsome stepfather now, since Erica’s mother died—that she’s practically part of the family. When the girls find something naughty under Mr. Nolan’s bed, their strict, repressive upbringing makes it all the more exciting as they begin their sexual experimentation. Leah’s exploration presses deeper, and eventually she finds herself in love for the first time, torn between her best friend and her best friend’s stepfather. Note: This title has been revised.

NOTE - THIS BOOK INVOLVES STEP-FATHER/STEP-DAUGHTER PSEUDO INCEST

Plaid Skirt Confessions by Selena Kitt

ISBN: 9781609824952

link to book on author's website - http://www.excessica.com/books/index....

Description:
Leah and Erica have been best friends and have gone to the same Catholic school since just about forever. Leah spends so much time with the Nolans—just Erica and her handsome father now, since Erica’s mother died—that she’s practically part of the family. When the girls find something naughty under Mr. Nolan’s bed, their strict, repressive upbringing makes it all the more exciting as they begin their sexual experimentation. Leah’s exploration presses deeper, and eventually she finds herself in love for the first time, torn between her best friend and her best friend’s father.
---------
NOTE TO READERS: This story appeared in another, now rather infamous book of mine (UNDER MR. NOLAN'S BED). This tale is a slightly less naughty, but no less sexy re-telling of those events--updated and redressed for your reading pleasure with an ending that may leave you a little more satisfied.

NOTE - THIS BOOK INVOLVES A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE FATHER AND BEST FRIEND

message 2: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments I would add a librarian note to each of the three books. At the top of the edit page there is a green link for "add a librarian note". This will put a yellow note on the book that can be seen on the combine page. This should probably be added for each book, with a link to this thread for further details.

I want to clarify that this is different than the comment field at the bottom of the page. Those comments are not seen on the combine page.

Adding the note is not a 100% guarantee, but it helps in most cases. :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) | 66 comments ok...i will look at it. thanks

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll add a Librarian Note real quick.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) | 66 comments oh yay! so I don't have to...smooches to Šçö†† •Goodreads £ibrarian•

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I have added a Librarian Note To The first book and about to do it two the other two.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) | 66 comments thank you ! hopefully it will fix the problem!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I have added Librarian Notes to all of The Above Books stating they are three different books about different types of Incest. If they are continued to be combined then please contact a super-librarian or a Goodreads Employee.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

anytime. :)