Book Haven discussion

Authors > What is this folder for?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
This is a folder specifically for Authors to post in. I know many group members don't like it when Authors talk about their own books in other threads. This way the Authors are free to post anything related to their books in this folder.
Use this folder if...

If you want to offer your book for free in exchange for reviews.
Want to promote your book.
Announce news about your books
etc.

This folder is for Authors to post for their books without the worry that members may become irritable. This way, readers who don't mind these discussions and offers can choose to participate in this folder, but the members who are not interested can easily ignore it. :)

Have fun Authors!

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments J.D. Thanks for this great source! I would like to announce that my children's book, Royal Prince Vince, is now available on the Nook and Kindle for only $1.99 and physical copies will be available in time to ship for Christmas. This is a great gift for any kid 10 and under and has a great lesson about the joy and pride of your own work!

message 3: by Zi (new)

Zi (thebookishgamer) | 24 comments I just published my book too. It's also a children's book, as well as a charity work. My book, Tales of Pixie the Cat: Four Short Stories, will donate $1 of each sale to my favorite no-kill animal shelter. Great to read to kids or enjoy yourself if you love cats! Only available on Kindle.

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments Awww... I was super interested Zi, but I have a Nook :( Let me know if you publish in any other formats! My boys love cats and I'll do anything to help out the shelters!

message 5: by Zi (new)

Zi (thebookishgamer) | 24 comments Heidi, I'll have to look into it! I'll be sure to let you know if I publish for Nook. :) Thanks for letting me know you're interested.

message 6: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Zi wrote: "Heidi, I'll have to look into it! I'll be sure to let you know if I publish for Nook. :) Thanks for letting me know you're interested."

Heidi wrote: "Awww... I was super interested Zi, but I have a Nook :( Let me know if you publish in any other formats! My boys love cats and I'll do anything to help out the shelters!"

You can place the Kindle App on your computer, smart phone, tablet, etc.

Zi- I strongly recommend publishing it on PubIt too! Which is basically B&N for the Nook. I get about 70% of my sales from Amazon, 20% from B&N, and 10% from Smashwords.

message 7: by J.H. (new)

J.H. Sked (jhsked) | 2 comments JD - so far it seems the only way for UK authors to get onto Nook is to publish via Smashwords - I'm hoping this changes soon. Unless I have the totally wrong end of the stick?

Zi & Heidi - from what I understand writing children's books is one of the toughest genres out there. Would you agree/disagree? I've never written in that area, so I'd be fascinated to hear.

One of my e-books, WolfSong (traditional fantasy) has just gone into the free lending section if you have an Amazon Prime account, and the paperback version is now available as well - exciting moments in time for this little author (snigger) and Basement Blues is up on B & N Nook as well as Amazon & Smashwords

message 8: by Shadowstorm (new)

Shadowstorm Norwicca (shadowstormnorwicca) | 3 comments Hello Everyone, My name is Shadowstorm Norwicca I am a new author on Goodreads. I write Paranormal Romance books usually with a humorous and sensual edge to my stories. I'm a Paranormal Romance reader as well and love the worlds that come out of each story.

My first book from my Sisterhood of Darkness series is Forbidden Fruit. Here is a brief description:

Goddesses of old have become the watchers of mankind and the Gods themselves. Gaia, Isis, Psyche, Bellona, Diana, Lilith, Rahda, and Kali ma; are the sisterhood of darkness. Pain followed them for centuries and now Lilith the leader of the sisterhood now has to face her past. When Azazel, his generals, and the legion of the damned souls of Hell are released from their prison; the sisters come face to face with an aged old prophecy that could destroy them all. The sisterhood is now in the battle to save mankind and the realm of the Gods. The prophecy will reunite soul mates long lost by time itself. Lilith is taken on a journey when she goes on a mission to locate the Goddess Kali, but she gets more than she bargains for; her soul mate Adam. Now that time is of the essence Lilith must warm her cold heart and forgive Adam for breaking her heart; but can Adam survive Lilith's intense sexual dominating desires and the coming Apocalypse.

The book is available on Kindle at the price of 2.99 and paperback 7.99 on Amazon, Fantastic Fiction UK, Createspace, and Goodreads.
Forbidden Fruit

message 9: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Buchanan Thanks JD for offering us this place to post. I'd like to announce that my second novel, The Monster Of Silver Creek, has been released.

It is a mystery romance / romantic suspense and is available on Amazon & Smashwords.

A serial killer...who leaves a most unusual calling card is preying upon women in this small vacation town of Silver Creek, Montana. Police Chief Nathan Sommers is on the hunt, but every road leads to a dead end...

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments J.H. I have never had trouble writing children's books, but everyone says there is no market. I already sold 54 copies on kindle and Nook and once I get the formatting straightened out for my physical copies, I already have 30 people interested in purchasing hard copies. Mind you, that is with minimal marketing!

It is really hard to get an agent for children's books. I have found that getting the pictures lined up right is the hardest part of self-publishing children's books.

My passion is adult fiction, but every now and then I write a children's book for my kids. It has only been recently that I have decided to publish them.

message 11: by PK (last edited Dec 20, 2011 01:10AM) (new)

PK Brent (pkbrent) | 6 comments I would like to announce my 2 new releases. The first is a space romance titled Starfire: Kingdom on the Edge of Forever. The second is a young adult paranormal titled A Country Witch: Gift of the Dragon. Both are available at amazon.com. There are links to them from my website at http://pkbrent.com.

TY!

PKBrent
http://pkbrent.com

message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer My debut novel, Net Switch, a dark, psychological suspense is now available on Amazon - http://amzn.to/vQOxA7 Below is the synopsis:

“In the dead of winter, Sydney Hayes finds herself in an internet chat room in hopes of expelling her loneliness. Enchanted by a stranger, she soon finds herself caught up in an affair that spills over into her everyday life. Within a short period of time, the stranger captures her mind, her body and eventually her heart, but excitement turns to terror and Sydney must abandon the life she built in Chicago and assume a new identity.

A fragile woman in a new city, Sydney tries to put it all behind her as she makes a fresh start in Seattle, but her troubles follow her and she is running out of time. Feeling as though she has no other choice, Sydney is determined to destroy him before he destroys her—unaware that her journal holds the key.

Will she discover the secret before it’s too late?”

If you get a chance, stop on by my Author Page on Amazon - amazon.com/author/denisebaer

Denise Baer
http://www.authordenisebaer.com/