Iron Druid Chronicles Fans discussion

Other Stuff > Casting Couch

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (last edited Nov 16, 2011 09:56PM) (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
So, I noticed that in a few of the other groups here on Goodreads there is a longstanding tradition of debating the age-old question of: If this was made into a movie/ t.v. series/ webisodes who would you cast in each role and why? Personally, I would love to see Mads Mikkelson from King Arthur for Leif.....what do y'all think? http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-phot...

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 19 comments Hmmm....perhaps. But now what about Atticus, Granuaile, the widow, Gunnar (and other pack members)?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

How about Michael Fassbender for Atticus, Maggie Smith for the Widow, Bryce Dallas Howard for Granuaile and Viggo Mortenson for Gunnar? And Eric Bana in there somewhere because he is The Pretty. :-)

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
sweet Aliza, I agree.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 19 comments Yeah, Fassbender could possibly do it, but he would definitely have to go more shaggy and probably dye his hair red/ginger.
Hmmm....then what about the Polish witches? Morrigan? Brighid? The huntress, Flidais? Aenghus Og? And of course later on, Coyote?

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
Coyote I could see Lou Diamond Phillips playing, or for those of us Canucks Graham Greene would be an excellent choice. Morrighan, I would love to see Claudia Black from Farscape and Stargate play her. the others I am not sure of

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 19 comments I could see that. I think for the new witch leader, Malina, it should be Diane Kruger (mainly cause she grew up in Germany and knows the accents). For Laksha when she has her new Indian form, it could be Parminder Nagra or Aishwarya Rai.

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
Aenghus Og I could see Rys Ifhans playing, he does the jackass well

message 9: by Alan (new)

Alan (obryan_44) | 8 comments Karl Urban would make a great Hal.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 19 comments Hehe, that would be interesting seeing Ifhans playing a wrathful god of love. And to see Urban play a wolf in lawyer's clothing. But it could strangely work.

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
I loved Ifhans in Pirate Radio, and Karl Urban I would pay to se in anything. He is awesome.

message 12: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Keaton (cathy_keaton) | 1 comments My favorite character is Leif, so I choose Alexander Skarsgård to play him. Just give him some white hair and he's perfection!

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 19 comments Cathy Keaton wrote: "My favorite character is Leif, so I choose Alexander Skarsgård to play him. Just give him some white hair and he's perfection!"

Definitely agree that he could be awesome as Leif. But good luck in getting him to do another vampire after playing True Blood's Eric Northman.

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
Money talks

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (mergekat) | 19 comments Quite true (especially in Hollywood).
But no one in acting wants to be typecast as the " actor guy who continually plays Nordic vampires" (personally wouldn't mind it in this situation). But let's just say he bows out to finish a True Blood season based on his contract. Who would be the next in line to play Leif?

message 16: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
I would say Sean Patrick Flanery or Adam Copeland....http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178581/

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I really like the idea of a blond Mads Mikkelson as Leif. He's got the quiet intensity (not to mention fantastic cheekbones) that I picture when I think of the character. Skarsgard is okay...I find him kind of blandly anemic for my tastes :-)

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
Aliza, that is a horrible vampire pun...I like it. Mads Mikkelson is a phenomenal actor, he just gets really into the role and transforms himself.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so - who will play Coyote? I'm picturing Graham Greene or Joseph Runningfox (I had such a crush on him back in the day).

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
I was thinking Lou Diamond Phillips myself...

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda (grammacar) | 3 comments I didn't picture him as that handsome (like Lou Diamond Phillips, Graham Greene [not familiar with Josheph runningfox]). More like Willam DaFoe...tall, gaunt, hard...

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat | 18 comments Mod
Hmm...there is that...then definitely Graham Greene then. Who would play Granuaile? I was thinking Christina Hendricks