YA LGBT Books discussion

Dead Threads > Need Help With Pre-Release (or New Release) Buzz

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 19, 2011 02:59PM) (new)

I'm taking a page from Lori and would like to give out free .pdf files of my upcoming release, Renfred's Masquerade, to anyone who'd like to help me with pre-release or new release buzz. The book will be coming out on Nov. 23 for the e-book and Nov. 27 for the print book.

I'd appreciate honest reviews of the novel when you're done reading it. :)

Here's the book blurb and sample scene over at the publisher's site. I'd like to limit the giveaways to three people, and if more than three respond to this post, I'll do a lottery. :)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I ended up giving away five copies for reasons noted on my response to Sammy's comment. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

message 2: by Kitty (new)

Kitty (kittyorell) You're just giving away ebook copies of the book? Are they for people to review or....?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Kit wrote: "You're just giving away ebook copies of the book? Are they for people to review or....?"

It's for people to read and review here at Goodreads.

message 4: by Kitty (new)

Kitty (kittyorell) Oh, I see. I'll do it of you want. The blurb and excerpt sound really good!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Kit wrote: "Oh, I see. I'll do it of you want. The blurb and excerpt sound really good!"

Thanks for the help, Kit. If you could email me, I'll send you the file ASAP: haydenthorne @ gmail.com

message 6: by Kitty (new)

Kitty (kittyorell) Done! :)

message 7: by Brendan (BJ) (new)

Brendan (BJ) (heresjohnny) | 382 comments omgomgomg yes yes yes :D memememe oh and if you eventually wanna do it for the next book in the Masks Series, I'm your man! ;)

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2011 11:04PM) (new)

John wrote: "omgomgomg yes yes yes :D memememe oh and if you eventually wanna do it for the next book in the Masks Series, I'm your man! ;)"

LOL, I'll definitely give you a nudge when Mimi Attacks! comes out! Email me whenever you can, and I'll send the file over to you: haydenthorne @ gmail.com

Thanks, John!

message 9: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments I'm up for it if you want???

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Byron wrote: "I'm up for it if you want???"

Sure thing! Just email me here: haydenthorne @ gmail.com and I'll send you the file. :) Thank you!

message 11: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments IS it too late Hayden--whimpers...please?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Sammy2006 wrote: "IS it too late Hayden--whimpers...please?"

Hey there! As it happens, my usual review sites are no longer taking on submissions (at least indefinitely), so I'll have to depend on Goodreads for word-of-mouth buzz. I don't mind extending this to five giveaways total, and yours makes number four. :)

Drop me a message: haydenthorne @ gmail.com and I'll send you the file.

message 13: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments Hayden do you blog? I know some authors of late are doing guest blog tours. . Just a thought. .

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Byron wrote: "Hayden do you blog? I know some authors of late are doing guest blog tours. . Just a thought. ."

I do, yeah. I also signed on to Patricia's guest blog thing. :) I'll be sending her my post soon and time it with the release of the book (or around that time, anyway).

message 15: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments hahaha that was the one I initially thought of.. then I remembered that there were a few mentioned in the 'other' group.. *LOL*

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Byron wrote: "hahaha that was the one I initially thought of.. then I remembered that there were a few mentioned in the 'other' group.. *LOL*"

Hee! I've got one more guest blog to do, but that won't happen till January, so I've got time to figure out what to say. :D

Yeah, it's a bummer that a couple of my usual go-to review places placed a moratorium on submissions, but at least I've got this place plus a few other review sites that agreed to take on my book. I'll be fine with what I have.

message 17: by Chuck (new)

Chuck R (monolithism) | 1 comments Hey, I read your Masks series and I absolutely loved it. If you're still sending out .pdf copies I'd be completely honored to recieve one.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Chuckr wrote: "Hey, I read your Masks series and I absolutely loved it. If you're still sending out .pdf copies I'd be completely honored to recieve one."

Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed the series! :) I've got one more .pdf file to send out, so if you could email me at haydenthorne@gmail.com, I'll forward you the file.