Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

Group Challenges

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

There is a place to create group challenges. I've never seen a group challenge, so I don't know what kinds of things go up. Would you like to start doing group challenges and do you have any ideas for one?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

We could do a monthly theme? Or we could read books somehow related to the group reads.. sort of a "side reads" category?

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 405 comments I like the idea of a monthly theme, such as seasonal, flower, or food. This theme could relate to the group reads depending on the book nominations if there is a common theme going through them or not. I am new to group challenges too.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Something along those lines could work. We could do a theme for January. Any ideas? If there are a few different ones I'll make a poll.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I posted one challenge. If you like it (or don't like it) please comment. Any suggestions for other challenges are welcome. There's no reason we can only do one. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the challenge, Beth! I already signed up. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2012 08:51PM) (new)

I changed the start date to December 31, 2011. That way if you are participating in the 2012 reading challenge, you can still use books you've read in the past for this challenge. If a different start date works better just let me know. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I just need to read faster. ;)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I've added another challenge. Any comments are welcome, or if you have another idea for a challenge.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you like the format of our previous challenges? Or should they take place in a discussion thread instead? They seem to take up a lot of space on the group home page, and two old ones stick there until there are newer challenges to replace them.