Indie and Self-Pub Book Corner discussion

Help! Advice, please!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 10 comments Hello, I'm looking for some advice. My third book is coming out soon and to celebrate I'd like to make books 1 and 2 free to Good Readers for a fortnight - but I don't know how!! Can anyone advise?

Lexie

message 2: by Darian (new)

Darian Wilk | 16 comments If you have a website or blog, you could create a webpage to it with downloadable files for them, just don't include the link to the page in your navigation so it remains a private page. Then you could just share the direct link to it wherever you'd like.

Darian

message 3: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 10 comments Thank you! I do have a blog, but I shall have to work my way through the rest of that - I shall give it a go!

Lexie

message 4: by Darian (new)

Darian Wilk | 16 comments If you use blogger it's super easy! On the dashboard, click 'edit posts', then 'edit pages', then click the 'new page' button, and that's it, just add content.

message 5: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 10 comments Thanks - I shall! But I have to finish editing Book 3 first!

Thank you very much for your help.

message 6: by Darian (new)

Darian Wilk | 16 comments No problem! I just wanted to throw out another idea, you could also just post a coupon code for Smashwords, then you don't have to mess with adding a page to your blog.

Good luck with your edits!

message 7: by Libbie Hawker (new)

Libbie Hawker (L.M. Ironside) (lmironside) | 10 comments The coupon on Smashwords is the way to go. If you have Goodreads Author status (it's free), you can also set up Events on your page. That's what I did for my ebook give-away (which is still going on!)

message 8: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 10 comments Thanks everyone for your help - I've gone with the Smashwords coupon. The first two Murray of Letho books by Lexie Conyngham, Death in a Scarlet Gown and Knowledge of Sins Past, are available to Goodreads Readers free to the 21st. January with the code XZ69F! This is to celebrate the launch of the third book, Service of the Heir, available on Kindle.
Whew!