ROBUST discussion

Mad Gods - Revelation Cancelled? (Predatory Ethics #1)
This topic is about Mad Gods - Revelation Cancelled?
Interviews > Get to Know Me!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Athanasios (athanos) Hey everybody, in case you don't know enough about me, here's more:

http://rgporter.blogspot.com/2011/11/...

It's also the first place both new covers for Mad Gods & Commitment are featured together.

message 2: by Claudine (new)

Claudine | 1110 comments Mod
That article is going to force me to buy your book.

Athanasios (athanos) Don't expect an argument to the contrary from me.

message 4: by Claudine (new)

Damn. Thought I'd get a good debate going.

Before I buy, what's the religious aspect? Got no feelings either way about religion. My favourite religious textual debate would be Religion Explained if that helps any.

message 5: by Larry (new)

Larry Moniz (larrymoniz) Claudine wrote: "Damn. Thought I'd get a good debate going.

Before I buy, what's the religious aspect? Got no feelings either way about religion. My favourite religious textual debate would be Religion Explaine..."

Just a thought, but Thomas Paine, author of Common Sense, wrote extensively about his views on religion. More than 200 years later it's still fascinating.

Self-Promotion for Authors by Larry Moniz Murder in the Pinelands (Inside Story) by Larry Moniz The Rebellion by Larry Moniz Dead Storage by Larry Moniz

message 6: by Claudine (new)

Will look into that Larry. People keep telling me to read his stuff.

Athanasios (athanos) The gist of religion in Predatory Ethics the wider story arc of Mad Gods & it's sequel Commitment is that our collective imagination has created our gods and by extension our religion. That doesn't make gods or our religions any less real.

message 8: by Claudine (new)

Off to buy then. Religion Explained says that exactly, just in a dry doctoral thesis type of way. I found it to be very interesting.

message 9: by Andre Jute (last edited Nov 17, 2011 07:37AM) (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
Religion is a win-win situation. It keeps the other classes from loitering on the streets on Sundays and is self-financing. Also, when a scapegoat is necessary, we can always blame the religious hierarchy for obstructing necessary reforms.

I wish I'd thought up religion. You could probably charge for it. It's like a Ponzi scheme, except you can't be caught because by definition only the dead can collect.

message 10: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) Jutism.

Has a nice ring to it.

Athanasios (athanos) I saw somebody bought it, I was starting to think there was something wrong with KDP seeing the tan band of no sales there for the last month or so.

message 12: by Andre Jute (new)

Better than a Goldwynism.

message 13: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Isn't that why Scientology was created by...er...can't recall his name.

But he wanted to retire from writing - and some other Sci-Fi writers helped him brainstorm a religion.

message 14: by Andre Jute (new)

You do realize that today all over the American South there are people called Elron Hubbard Somebody?

It wasn't that L. Ron was so quiverful, but that he was the most influential scifi writer ever. Arthur C. isn't even in the running.

message 15: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments No, never met an Elron.

I'm more into Asimov.