Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Goof (in the movie)

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

When i was watching the movie, i noticed a goof in filming. Apparently there are a lot of other ones, but when I looked it up on the internet, this one isn't mentioned. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/t...)
Here is the goof: When Billy and Jacob come over to watch the mariners game, Billy Black is DRIVING THE CAR! He's in a wheelchair for crying out loud! And when they arrive at Bella's, Jacob has to help him get out of the car, and into his wheelchair. Am I wrong, should he be able to drive, because how I remember, Billy can't drive in the book, I'm pretty sure Bella even specifically mentioned it.

AlbertaJenn Cars can be adapted with hand brakes and gas so those with no use of their legs can drive.

This is not a goof.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Even so in the book, I went back and checked, and when they come, Jacob is driving and Charlie say "I'm gonna pretend i didn't see that" and Jacob says "we get permits early on the rez"

I guess it is just one more thing different from the book.I figured it may be something like that.

Lisa Sam wrote: "When i was watching the movie, i noticed a goof in filming. Apparently there are a lot of other ones, but when I looked it up on the internet, this one isn't mentioned. (http://www.imdb.com/title/t..."

May not have actually been a "goof". I can't remember from the book but I do know there are hand controls that allow someone who uses a wheelchair to drive a vehicle.

message 5: by Yvette (new) - added it

Yvette I thought that was a goof too, when I first saw the movie I was like, wait should he be the one driving? I thought that was the purpose for Jacob driving the car, was because Billy wasn't able to....Idk

message 6: by Will (last edited Nov 16, 2011 07:17AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV Not a big deal. Practically every movie has "goofs."

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Kali wrote: "I believe that Billy did sell the truck to Charlie for Bella because he could no longer drive that. That doesn't mean he didn't use the money to buy a car which was equipped so he could drive it."

Hmmm i didn't even think of that part (selling the truck)

Claire The whole story of way Bella doesn't like blood,when they are blood typing at school and she comes over faint. I really liked that chapter in the book and it wasn't meantioned at all in the film

Valerie I know people who are in wheelchairs that can drive cars. So idk if it's actually a slipup.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Claire wrote: "The whole story of way Bella doesn't like blood,when they are blood typing at school and she comes over faint. I really liked that chapter in the book and it wasn't meantioned at all in the film"

Wow. I didn't even think of that. I love that part too.

Valerie wrote: "I know people who are in wheelchairs that can drive cars. So idk if it's actually a slipup."

In the book its not like that but who knows.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Cars and trucks can be adaptable, for people with disabilities.

message 12: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV Commas can be used to separate two things, and sometimes they are used, when they shouldn't be.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Will, did you actually read twilight? Just wondering ...

message 14: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV I did indeed.

message 15: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV Well, there isn't any one reason. I thought it was written poorly, with poor grammar, a boring plot, boring characters, boring vampires, cliche romance, appeals to teenage emotions, insincere and unrealistic dialogue, etc.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I can see that.

message 17: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV Oh, well you asked for my reason(s).

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I wasn't really being sarcastic. Haha, I was genuinely wondering why you hate twilight. Many people say they do, but don't know or say why. Also, I remember times when i thought things along those lines, but over all, i do like twilight. But, I'm not super obsessive.

Karli Kali wrote: "I believe that Billy did sell the truck to Charlie for Bella because he could no longer drive that. That doesn't mean he didn't use the money to buy a car which was equipped so he could drive it."

I agree!! :)

Laura i agree that it IS a goof. in the book billy never drives himself and even wheels himself to friends' houses.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Not being in the book doesn't make it a goof, it's just different. A lot of things are changed in movies.

message 22: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Maire I agree that it is a goof. If he is not able to walk at all he shouldn't have the strength to push on the accelerator or break.

Kirby the only reason I'd have trouble swallowing it is b/c I don't think billy could afford to have a vehicle modified so he could drive it...

AlbertaJenn Kirby wrote: "the only reason I'd have trouble swallowing it is b/c I don't think billy could afford to have a vehicle modified so he could drive it..."

The tribe might pay for it. Depends on what each aboriginal Nation has set up for their members.

message 25: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV I've lived with Navajos for a few weeks, and I'm not sure about other tribes, but they did not have the money for something like that (they are quite a poor people as a whole), and Navajos are the biggest tribe right now.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Kirby wrote: "the only reason I'd have trouble swallowing it is b/c I don't think billy could afford to have a vehicle modified so he could drive it..."

My uncle's insurance (Or something he got for his disability) paid for most of the modifications.

Kirby but I've always had the impression that it's more like the situation will described- the native americans' poor is a poor that most of us will never understand...I'm not gonna get into all that b/c it's something that really pisses me off...but, yeah, I'm pretty sure that their "well off" would be about the poorest of our poor...

Allie This movie was sooo cheesy I'm honestly NOT surprised that they made a glitch!

AlbertaJenn Kirby wrote: "but I've always had the impression that it's more like the situation will described- the native americans' poor is a poor that most of us will never understand...I'm not gonna get into all that b/c..."

That is true in many cases, but not in all cases. It isn't wise to paint all with the same brush.

Kirby AlbertaJenn wrote: "Kirby wrote: "but I've always had the impression that it's more like the situation will described- the native americans' poor is a poor that most of us will never understand...I'm not gonna get int..."

I never meant to say it was so in all cases- I was just pretty sure I could safely say that, in general, they got the short end of the stick...but maybe I'm wrong. however, in this case the point was made in the books that the quileute people- and the blacks in particular- did not have a lot of money.

AlbertaJenn Okay, so I went to the souce to find an answer to this: The Twilight Saga The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer . According to the Guide, Billy is on disability insurance since his diabetes put him in a wheelchair. I don't know if this is enough to outfit a truck with hand gears, but it could be.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

trust me if we're tlkin abt Edward. Goof, period