The Breadwinner (The Breadwinner, #1) The Breadwinner discussion

The Breadwinner

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Wow! Great choice everyone! So far I am really enjoying the book! The story is so captivating; I felt like I couldn't put the book down. Right away I was feeling very connected to the characters and the storyline. At chapter 2 and 3 I felt like I wanted to cry. I feel very touched by this family and their story, and the author made me really feel the connection between Parvana and her father. The family seems to have so much courage. I am especially impressed with Parvana. She seems like such a brave little girl. I have a hard time even imagining myself in a situation like this family. Having to move over and over again because of bombings, being so restricted by extreme laws, and being afraid that family members will be taken from you.
Lastly, I like where this story is taking place. I am having a hard time remembering other stories I have read that are about Afghanistan. It is interesting to hear a story about a family from here and learn more about their life.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book too! I read the next two that follow this book as well. This was my favorite of the 3. My kids all read The Breadwinner too. I think it is a good introduction to the country in fiction-form.