Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Where are you from?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 410 (410 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
I'm from Austin Texas Y'all!!! Howdy! lol I' am born in raised in Austin Texas and I've been here my whole 21 years and I don't think i plan on moving anywhere else but we'll see because I'm still young! And just so you guys know not all Texans have farms,horses or country accents lol!

message 2: by Tiffanie (new)

Tiffanie I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm my husband's only wife. LOL. I've lived here my whole life, married 17 years and have 5 daughters.

message 3: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Wow 17 years woohoo Congrats! I love to here things like that! And you have five daughters that's awesome! Are they driving you crazy yet? lol I know when i was young I drove my mom crazy and she has five girls and two boys!

message 4: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia | 352 comments I'm from moodus, CT ( the most unknown town ever! ) :^D to be honest I can't wait to get out and see the world. The farthest i've gone is Washington D.C. I'm in high school though so I still have time :^D

message 5: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Nov 16, 2011 07:36PM) (new)

Yes you have tons of time I want to travel to but it's hard when you don't have the funds! :( I've only been to California and Atlanta that's about it !

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Wilson (StorytellerTDW) | 54 comments I reside in Independence, MO, the home of President Harry S. Truman. Independence is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri.
I was born on a Air Force Base in California. Raised in the back woods of Idaho, in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, moved to Kansas City area in 1979, enough time to adjust before getting out of school.

message 7: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 38 comments Im from Tabasco (yeah like the sauce) it´s on the south east region of Mexico, we dont have winter and is always super hot here, also every year around october between 50% and 60% of the state is flooded by rain water.
i´ve lived here 29 years and dont plan to move any time soon.

plus im like 6 hrs. away from Cancun :D

message 8: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Wow I would have never known there was a city called Tabasco! That is hilarious but yummy lol . I've always wanted to go to Cancun I heard it very pretty out there :)

message 9: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 38 comments it´s beautiful

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 16 comments Born in Detroit Michigan, spent 7 years living in the rural moutains of Vermont, then the suburbs of Raliegh North Carolina, and presently in Fairfax VA just outside Washington D.C.

message 11: by Timur (new)

Timur Shamatov | 6 comments I'm from Norak, Tajikistan.. moved to Oregon in 1997.

message 12: by Ian (new)

Ian (magicboyd5) I am from KC Kansas.

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (jessybabe) | 74 comments Dallas, Texas y'all!

message 14: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Jessica wrote: "Dallas, Texas y'all!"

Lol yay! Another Texan :)

message 15: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Sheri | 12180 comments Mod
I'm in Iowa...in the middle of nowhere :)

message 16: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) I am from Lancaster in the UK :( very cold an lots of rain today

message 17: by Jihaad (new)

Jihaad Albayaty | 326 comments i'm from Cardiff in Wales and it's raining a lot here too and it's getting colder and colder outside by the day

message 18: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

I love the rain because it usually marks that December is near btw is my favorite month :-) I love the cold and rain if only it would snow in Texas....

message 19: by Jihaad (new)

Jihaad Albayaty | 326 comments lol i know how you feel i was living in a frickin desert and now i finally moved here a couple years back and i'd die before going back why isn't there a poem for sun sun come back another day

message 20: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Jihaad wrote: "lol i know how you feel i was living in a frickin desert and now i finally moved here a couple years back and i'd die before going back why isn't there a poem for sun sun come back another day"

lmao! where did you live before if its alright that I ask?

message 21: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments From Austin Tx! Howdy Y'all lol (we really dont talk like that)

message 22: by Kaylie (new)

Kaylie We have a Floridian girl over here!

message 23: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments I love Florida! I wanna visit again!

message 24: by Janina (last edited Nov 21, 2011 06:17PM) (new)

Janina (synchronizedreading) | 187 comments I'm was raised in Alabama
but i've lived in a lot of places cause i'm an army brat!
i was born in Fort Hood, Texas but know nothing about...sad! LOL
But i want to visit Texas just to know more about the state i was born in.

message 25: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 950 comments Yea you really should! Texas is just different i love the feeling and the atmosphere its just great! I've been to Alabama for a short period of time all i remember was there was alot of mosquitos lol but i would love to go back and site see.

message 26: by Sable (new)

Sable (sablexx) | 10 comments I was born in Tennessee, and raised in Perry, Georgia. We later moved up to Roanoke, Virginia to be with my dad.

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Peterson | 217 comments I'm from central Minnesota.

message 28: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) I live in my hometown of Grants Pass, Oregon.

message 29: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

Nikki wrote: "I'm from central Minnesota."

Where at in MN? I grew up in Moorhead and lived there for 18 years.

message 30: by Nicole (last edited Dec 05, 2011 04:41PM) (new)

Nicole Peterson | 217 comments I live in Monticello. It's in between St.Cloud and Maple Grove =)

I grew up in the St.Cloud/Sartell area.

message 31: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3489 comments Mod
I am in Northern Ontario, Canada

message 32: by Emelie (new)

Emelie Born and raised in Stockholm Sweden.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 374 comments Alice Belikov wrote: "From Austin Tx! Howdy Y'all lol (we really dont talk like that)"

I didn't know you're in Austin! I'm South!

message 34: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Born and raised in Michigan, went to college in Indiana and I'm now ready to leave the Midwest lol

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 374 comments And I say y'all!... but Howdy, not so much

message 36: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (Natureislelove) | 10 comments Hi y'all, i'm born and raised in the Caribbean from a small island called Dominica.

message 37: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Hi! Born & raised in Houston, Texas.

message 38: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn (HuggableOtaku) Michigan :) Sadly I've only read one book that took place in Michigan and it sucked.

message 39: by Sheri, Book Ninja (new)

I've never read any books that take place in Iowa where I'm from...guess it's too boring :)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 374 comments Gabriela wrote: "Hi! Born & raised in Houston, Texas."

Haha- raised in Katy! But Houston was my stomping ground... I miss Montrose/Westimer!

message 41: by Juliana (new)

Juliana (julezrussell) Boulder, Colorado!!! =D

message 42: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean Queens, New York baby!!

message 43: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Alana (aka ◘Whiplash◘) wrote: "Gabriela wrote: "Hi! Born & raised in Houston, Texas."

Haha- raised in Katy! But Houston was my stomping ground... I miss Montrose/Westimer!"

Live in the Northside of town off I-45 N. I go to Katy Mills whenever I can...

message 44: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Wilson (StorytellerTDW) | 54 comments Born on Castle Air Force base which is no longer there, the closet city is Merced, California. Before enter First Grade my family moved from the city in California to the back woods of Idaho against the Rocky Mtns. in the Panhandle. After seventh grade we moved to Independence, MO, hometown of Harry S. Truman, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. Except for time away in the service I have been here.

message 45: by Katya (new)

Katya Connecticut, Birth Place of George W Bush & hometown of Kevin Bacon, Kate Bosworth, Ernest Borgnine, Meg Ryan, Jeff Bagwell, Katherine Heigl, Marcus Camby, Bruse Jenner, Paul Konerko, Rebecca Lobo, Jimmy Piersall, Mo Vaughn, Paul Newman, Art Carney, Ed Sullivan, Katharine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Christopher Lloyd, Normal Lear, Ted Knight, Bette Davis, David Letterman, Arthur Miller, Mark Twain, P.T. Barnum, Noah Webster, Samuel Colt, Charles Goodyear, Igor Sikorsky, Ethan Allen, Nathan Hale, Benedict Arnold, 50 Cent, Apathy, Karen Carpenter, Michael Bolton, Meatloaf, Diana Ross, Moby, Ralph Nader, Aaron Burr, Ed & Lorraine Warren. It is on the Atlantic Seaboard of the US.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

You all live in great places, I only live in poor old Australia.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

i hardly get to leave my state, I mean i leave it and go places, but not often. I have been to Queensland but i was like 9.

message 48: by Sheri, Book Ninja (last edited Jan 11, 2012 08:00PM) (new)

Megan wrote: "You all live in great places, I only live in poor old Australia."

I visited Australia a few years ago and thought it was great! Except for the super huge spiders :S

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

i hate the spiders

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Where in Australia did you visit?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9