Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Alternate Endings for Minor Characters

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cody Kes This discussion is for alternate endings for minor characters. (Read the title) Not for characters like Finnick or Gale or Prim, but people like Kat's mom, Madge, and anyone else you can think of who was important but not important. I'm gonna go with Madge. My alternate ending for her is that she actually survived! And in the end she comes back with Buttercup to confront Katniss. If I get over 100 replies to this chain I might even try to rewrite the last chapter with a few new endings in a tribute story in my creative writing section.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

How about Gales siblings/mom.

They come back to district 12. Hazelene lives next door to katniss, as she gets over Gale, they become better friends. All of Gale's siblings have kids who are friends with Katniss' kids. Hazelene becomes like a grandma to all of them. Slowly they start to forget about Gale, and how he could have been part of that. THE END

Cody Kes Hmmm.... i actually like that. makes a lot of sense to end it tht way with some closure on gale and stuff

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly. I know everybody was mad about how the end was like 'and Gale was never seen again...' so then you would sorta know what happened.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

How about Delly? She's such a big help after Peeta's hijacked, and once it's off to the Capitol you never hear another thing about her. I want her back in 12, taking on Madge's role as a female friend for Katniss, and another much-needed bit of sunlight for everyone around them.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That's a good idea, i think with her presence Katniss couldn't help but be happy with her.

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee what about Annie after Finnick died - I don't remember anything being said about her

Hannah Maybe they should keep madge back and say a tiny bit more about annie and What about all of the other cracters that acually surive the end of the war?

JamieNichole003 You know to be honest I really did not like the ending to the series

[Coco] Most people didn't.

Lindsay Nichols I assume Annie raised her baby...but would she do it in her home district, in 12 to be with Katniss or in 13 where she was reunited with Finnick?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsay wrote: "I assume Annie raised her baby...but would she do it in her home district, in 12 to be with Katniss or in 13 where she was reunited with Finnick?"

I would hope 12 with Katniss. :)

[Coco] Probably 4 though, if her family survived. If she still had family. Or maybe she'd be there just to remember the place Finnick loved.

Megan Gales family would come back and have an awesome reunion with him.
also annie kills herself

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Dee wrote: "what about Annie after Finnick died - I don't remember anything being said about her"

she had a son

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Megan wrote: "Gales family would come back and have an awesome reunion with him.
also annie kills herself"

why would annie do that?

Gretchen While not a minor character we do not hear what happens to Johanna. I think she may have followed Kat to 12. Maybe even brought Annie with her. Sine those two had no one left I can seem them ending their days with the other tributes.
Johanna may even eventually find some sort of happiness and peace as long as she was far away from the Capitol.

Delanie Madge suddenly survives, makes it to Gale and they live happily ever after. Done and done.

Jamiegee Gretchen wrote: "While not a minor character we do not hear what happens to Johanna. I think she may have followed Kat to 12. Maybe even brought Annie with her. Sine those two had no one left I can seem them ending their days with the other tributes."

I kinda agree with this. I could definitely see Johanna coming back to District 12 with Kat, especially since they shared living quarters in 13 while they were training for going to the Capitol. I think they became close enough during that time for Johanna to follow her to District 12.

As for Annie going with them, not so much. Not once really in the book did either Kat or Johanna ever act like they liked Annie. They both befriended Finnick, but seemed to simply tolerate Annie because of their friendship with Finnick.

Charlotte I completly agree with Madge still being in the story, she was such a nice character, and there wasn't really a point in killing her character.

Obi loves Chewy It ended like it should of. THe author did it really well. I love her.