Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Two Books not importing

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 33 comments I have two books that aren't importing at all, even though I can find them on amazon.de.
Any other book from the same "Series" hasn't been a problem (yet) and I'm a bit baffled as to why these two won't import.
The books in question are two cookbooks from NGV (Naumann & Göbel Verlag), ISBN13:978-3625123347 "Familienküche: Schnell, preiswert und immer eine neue Idee" and ISBN13: 9783625123347 "Blitzgerichte: Schnell, raffiniert und vielseitig."

I just wanted to post here before adding books that I just can't find for whatever reason.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
They're not importing because Amazon.de has them listed with no author, and author is a required field for all GR records. You'd have to add them manually.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 33 comments hhm, that's weird, because none of the other 4 have an author either... Ah well, manual it is.
Thanks rivka.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Can you link to one of the others? I'm curious now.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 33 comments Sure thing:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

Actually, whilst I was looking them up in my lists I saw that they all have a . as their author. Just seems weird to me that not all of them would be put up with that .

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

We try to avoid "authors" like that. WorldCat says that one should have TLC-Foto-Studio as the author.