The Wagon discussion

Hello, anyone home?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine | 35 comments Wow, it has been quiet around here for months! Now that those of us in the northern hemisphere are starting to settle into the winter season, I know that I'll probably do more reading. How about the rest of you? What are you reading or what do you plan to read?

I finished Mistress of Rome over the weekend and really enjoyed it! Good story with a good pace. Last night I started Innocent Traitor. Yeah, I seem to be on a historical fiction kick right now!

Christine

message 2: by Suz (new)

Suz (suzemo) | 16 comments Mod
Mistress of Rome looks interesting! I read Innocent Traitor a couple of years ago, and I enjoyed it.

I am on a Jim Butcher kick - I just finished the 8th Harry Dresden (Proven Guilty) and I just started the 9th, White Night. I'm also reading The Dragon Keeper on Kindle, and I'm about to start The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey for book club :)

message 3: by Goody (new)

Goody (goodyscrivener) | 1 comments I just finished the newest Stephen King novel, 11/22/63. And I'm slogging my way through A Dance with Dragons. Yeah, I know I'm insane for starting a series while it's still being written, and especially this one.

Coming up on the list are the Hunger Games books, the Wheel of Time books, and Leviathan Wakes, which actually came to being as a result of a forum RPG at one of my hangouts. One of the co-authors on this one is GRRM's personal assistant, and this is the beginning of a series so I'm debating whether I should wait on it.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I'm on my 4th slog through the Outlander series. Almost done with book 5.

message 5: by Ktcatt (new)

Ktcatt | 1 comments Hi all, I just found you all on here last week.

I'm reading Elizabeth Street on my Kindle (mostly while on walking on the treadmill) and am slowly reading A Dance With Dragons. Slowly, not because it's not a wonderful read but because I know if I rush through it, I'm going to be upset when I finish it and have to wait for years for the next one (learned the hard way on this one).

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine | 35 comments Jenn, enjoy the Hunger Games trilogy! I thought it was a great read.

I read the first two Song of Fire & Ice books a few years ago but I haven't read any since then. I'd like to re-read the first two books and continue with the series, but it would be nice to buy them all as a set, so I might wait until the series is finished.

I'm enjoying Innocent Traitor so far.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky (ragamuffin_child) | 2 comments I love the Outlander series! I'm listening to James Herriot on my mp3 player, and working my way through the books for my challenges. The book I most recently read was Earthquake at Dawn (Great Episodes) by Kristiana Gregory , a YA historical fiction book.
Jenn, how is 11/22/63? Is it horror? It didn't sound like it, but you can never be sure with King.

message 8: by Suz (new)

Suz (suzemo) | 16 comments Mod
So I have to say, that I think I liked Dragon Keeper (It's the first in a trilogy, so there's a lot of set up, it's not as well done as Hobb usually does it).

The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey was somewhat amazing (and sad).

I like White Night so far - though it is rather dark.

I'm now currently back to reading Consider Phlebas. I started it a couple of days before a whole lot of crap went down in June, so I got away from it and I'm just now getting back into it. It's interesting so far, it's definitely a little bit of a longer book and I had trouble catching up to what I had read before (I didn't want to start over)