Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Combing Books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol | 37 comments I would like to combine the many War and Peace editions onto one shelf. There are different volumes and languages but they are all the same book. I don't think it would be as hard to find your version if they were all one shelf.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Johnson (jrjohnson1408) | 16 comments It looks like all of the single volume copies are already together and it is the ones that are split into several volumes that aren't combined. I could be wrong; I just gave it a cursory glance. I wouldn't combine the multi-volumes with the full editions. If you see any that are the whole book, though, I would go ahead and combine them.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23846 comments DON'T combine different volumes into the whole book. Librarians will only have to separate them all out again.

Only do like with like, regardless of language.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol | 37 comments War and Peace is a difficult book to place on shelves as there are two volumes which sometimes are sold as two physical books (but are a unified whole) only because it is so huge!
Inside Volume one is book one and two.
Inside Volume two is book three, four and the epilogue.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23846 comments I realise that but GR doesn't join those together, they must remain separate at this time. In future, who knows.