Authors Lounge discussion

Bloggers > new blog post

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ward (last edited Nov 22, 2011 06:43PM) (new)

Ward (kd_pl) I have a blog question. I was going to write a blog about some of the interesting and now semi-famous people I went to High School with, emphasis on semi-. I was going to do it sort of tongue in cheek wondering if I had drunk from the right drinking fountain that I too would now be famous, or some other dumb/clever things. However, a member of my family thought that it was a little over the top because it might be misconstrued as "name dropping." Is it really name dropping if I really knew these people? Or does the whole thing sound stupid? I say this because I have not been active on my author's blog and was going to try and do something with it.

Anyone have an opinion?

message 3: by Doc (new)

Doc (doc_coleman) | 55 comments If you really knew them, go for it, Ward. And you might even want to mention that you're name dropping, but then note that you had an exceptional class. Or even point out what you have accomplished, but note that it doesn't seem like much, but only in comparison to your classmates.

Doc

message 4: by Sabine (new)

Sabine Reed (sabineareed) | 24 comments I am not sure...people whose names you drop might get offended. Consider using pen names for them...

message 5: by M. (new)

M. Newman | 34 comments Ward wrote: "I have a blog question. I was going to write a blog about some of the interesting and now semi-famous people I went to High School with, emphasis on semi-. I was going to do it sort of tongue in ..."
I don't think that that is "name dropping" at all. It's just reporting. If you are afraid of offending people I guess you can change their names.

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Grey (greyauthor) | 34 comments Nah don't worry about it. Sounds like a good blog post.

message 7: by Ward (new)

Ward (kd_pl) Well, I wouldn't trash them. I think they have been in the public eye long enough and I certainly wouldn't write anything to embarrass them. For those of you who are fans of trash horror films, I went to High School with the Evil Dead crew. Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi used to hang out down by my locker. It was pretty funny. There are a couple of other people that have been in the film industry that I can include in the mix.

Ok, I am going to work on it.

message 8: by Doc (new)

Doc (doc_coleman) | 55 comments Ward wrote: "Well, I wouldn't trash them. I think they have been in the public eye long enough and I certainly wouldn't write anything to embarrass them. For those of you who are fans of trash horror films, I..."

I bet I have some friends who would LOVE to meet your friends in real life. Assuming you were still in contact with them. Also assuming I told my friends...

:D

Doc

message 9: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Badal (badalbooksgmailcom) | 15 comments My February blog about Everyday Heroes was just released.
http://www.josephbadal.wordpress.com