Calling all Demigods! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > >.< Police Line Do Not Cross >.<

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 11750 comments Mod
Rudy, I swear to god if you make another comment I am going to suspend you from this group for a day. -.-

Shane, your book looks cool! I'll try to get to it some time!

message 2: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 34142 comments Mod
Really? You're gonna do that? If you're not going to contribute to the group, I suggest you stop advertising and leave.

message 3: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Shane wrote: "Iviana (The Sign Painter) wrote: "Really? You're gonna do that? If you're not going to contribute to the group, I suggest you stop advertising and leave.""

Yes? I can read my own comment, thanks.

message 4: by Rudy (new)

Rudy | 1179 comments What have I done to annoy you, Kat? She has never posted before and is just trying to advertise for herself. Why is me calling her out on that suspension worthy?

message 5: by Matthew (last edited Nov 13, 2011 03:44PM) (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 732 comments He just joined GOODREADS today, wait to you know more about her before you judge her!

message 6: by Rudy (new)

Rudy | 1179 comments My apologies, Shane. A girl I know is named Shane, so I assumed you were one >.>

Matthew, he joined the group and didn't do anything other than posting his book. And he did the same thing to a lot of other groups.

message 7: by Matthew (last edited Nov 13, 2011 03:46PM) (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 732 comments He just wants to get that done first, show it all to everyone. Then he will go to having fun and RPing. It is a very reasonable thing to do.

message 8: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Who are you talking about Matthew? Shane did not join goodreads today.

Also-- Shane, if you would have bothered to read the rules of the group, you would know that you are not to create a topic without moderator consent. -_-

Furthermore: what contribution have you made to the group other than this damn topic? You are of no use to this group.

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 732 comments His goodreads account sort of said that he joined today, or at least this month.

message 10: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Shane wrote: "Rudyards wrote: "My apologies, Shane. A girl I know is named Shane, so I assumed you were one >.>

Matthew, he joined the group and didn't do anything other than posting his book. And he did the sa..."

Perhaps you should consider my own comments, as they are from a MODERATOR of this group.

message 11: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Well, I can safely judge you by this right now. Most people with common sense would go and contribute to the group before advertising. From what I can tell: you've been joining groups left and right to only advertise your group.

message 12: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Calling all Demigods!
520 members — last activity 0 minutes ago
Shane's comments (6)
Book Worms
613 members — last activity 4 minutes ago
Shane's comments (1)
currently reading
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Horror Aficionados
2890 members — last activity 3 minutes ago
Shane's comments (1)
currently reading
Nocturnes by John Connolly
The Seasonal Reading Challenge
1781 members — last activity 16 minutes ago
Shane's comments (1)
currently reading
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
Aussie Readers
1549 members — last activity 10 minutes ago
Shane's comments (1)
UK Amazon Kindle Forum
645 members — last activity 0 minutes ago
Shane's comments (1)
currently reading
The Sooner by S.G. Allen The Honour of the Knights by Stephen J. Sweeney
Nook Lending
570 members — last activity 9 minutes ago
Shane's comments (1)
UK Book Club
1216 members — last activity 53 minutes ago
Shane's comments (0)

would you look at that. Eight groups and every comment made has pertained to your book.

Look: I want reviews as much as the next new author. But as a tip: when you join a group without even bothering to check what the group is about, don't advertise. Because obviously, this group is for discussing the PERCY JACKSON series. Nothing more.

I also wouldn't have had a problem with you advertising if you hadn't created a topic, as specified under the rules which you obviously have not read.

message 13: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Shane wrote: "Iviana (The Sign Painter) wrote: "Well, I can safely judge you by this right now. Most people with common sense would go and contribute to the group before advertising. From what I can tell: you've..."

Hon, I've written several things, all of which I'm excited about and want to share with everyone. But I'm not going to go and join groups that I have no interest in just to advertise. Obviously.

message 14: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Shane wrote: "Well, here's some news for you the moderator actually sent me an email politely telling me to put the post back up. So you see I do have permission, maybe you should have checked before you started..."

I'm talking to her about it. -.- I'm also not the one who called you a spammer, either. I started with you because you created the first topic without the permission of a moderator.

Also, why would you join both a group for people in the UK and Australia?

message 15: by Apollinaria Fowl (last edited Nov 13, 2011 04:13PM) (new)

Apollinaria Fowl (riverclan_kitty) Iviana (The Sign Painter) wrote: "35778
Calling all Demigods!
520 members — last activity 0 minutes ago
Shane's comments (6)
Book Worms
613 members — last activity 4 minutes ago
Shane's comments (1)
currently reading
Pride an..."

No offense, but aren't you sorta, kinda, a little bit, stalking?

message 16: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

"This is a book group for GoodReads users in the UK."
"A group for all Australian Goodreads members."

I think you're avoiding the fact that you did 1. disobey a rule, and 2. have no interest in the RP aspect of this group.

message 17: by Annie (new)

Annie Little Iso is interrupting, cuz she doesn't like arguing.

Can we just agree that:
•Shane wants to promote his book.
•Rudy thought it was wrong of him.
•Ivi realized that he didn't follow basic things and introduce himself before posting, and that he started a topic without mod approval.
•We should let bye-gones be bye-gones and start fresh.

Plllleeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee?

message 18: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 732 comments I AGREE!

*not that it matters if i do*

message 19: by Apollinaria Fowl (last edited Nov 13, 2011 04:22PM) (new)

Apollinaria Fowl (riverclan_kitty) Iviana (The Sign Painter) wrote: ""This is a book group for GoodReads users in the UK."
"A group for all Australian Goodreads members."

I think you're avoiding the fact that you did 1. disobey a rule, and 2. have no interest in th..."

They don't say:
"This is a book group for GoodReads users in the UK only."
or
"A group for Australian Goodreads members only."

message 20: by Annie (new)

Annie Ahh. Thank you; it's appreciated. :3

message 21: by Apollinaria Fowl (last edited Nov 13, 2011 04:23PM) (new)

Apollinaria Fowl (riverclan_kitty) Matthew wrote: "I AGREE!

*not that it matters if i do*"

I third that or fourth that maybe... Although I guess I'm sorta redundant in this equation...

message 22: by Annie (new)

Annie :)
If you wouldn't mind awfully, I'm sure it would make the mods much happier if you introduced yourself in 'Greetings'.
I'd provide a link, but my iPod is retarded and so therefore...
It's at the top under the group page.

message 23: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

I want to *headdesk* so hard right now, it's almost laughable.

message 24: by Annie (new)

Annie See? There's a reason I am kept around.

I make peace. PSH. This is what I get for having two male cousins filled with testosterone that just LOVE to argue.

IVIANA~ *glomp*

message 25: by Apollinaria Fowl (new)

Apollinaria Fowl (riverclan_kitty) Isobel *Goddess of Annoyance* wrote: "See? There's a reason I am kept around.

I make peace. PSH. This is what I get for having two male cousins filled with testosterone that just LOVE to argue.

IVIANA~ *glomp*"

If I tried to create peace people would start staring at me and try to figure out if I'm like sick or somethin'...

message 26: by Matthew (last edited Nov 13, 2011 04:32PM) (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 732 comments Isobel *Goddess of Annoyance* wrote: "See? There's a reason I am kept around.

IVIANA~ *glomp*"

Are you sure your not a demigod who is born under HARMONIA
:P

message 27: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

I think a lot of us jumped to conclusions before hearing Shane out. I also thought that in Advertisements you didn't need mod approval, but I was wrong. I understand that you should join a group to be in it, but also that there's no rules against it. Look, we gave 57 active members out of 518. And by active I mean at least one comment. If we should be tracking anyone, it should be them. My iPod is dying so I have to go and I won't be on very much because my mom is having surgery tomorrow. But I hope thus works out.

My apologies to Rudy.

message 28: by Apollinaria Fowl (new)

Apollinaria Fowl (riverclan_kitty) Matthew wrote: "Isobel *Goddess of Annoyance* wrote: "See? There's a reason I am kept around.

..."

If she is than my cat is actually unicorn

message 29: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

Tracking should be attacking, frigging spell check.

message 30: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 732 comments :P

message 31: by Annie (new)

Annie THE MAGIC OF APOLOGIES YAY.

:3

message 32: by Apollinaria Fowl (last edited Nov 13, 2011 04:36PM) (new)

Apollinaria Fowl (riverclan_kitty) Isobel *Goddess of Annoyance* wrote: "THE MAGIC OF APOLOGIES YAY.

:3"

There you have another thing more important than 1+1

message 33: by Maggie, Gaea shall smite you all. (last edited Nov 13, 2011 05:15PM) (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 1674 comments Mod
I know i came into this a little late (had to go to church), but I think there were faults on both sides.

Shane: It's just common courtesy to introduce yourself before you start advertising. It's not that you're a bad person (I can't judge you for that), but if you go around random groups and post about your new ebook, you're going to come off as someone who doesn't care about the group, only about himself. Again, not saying you do. But on the Internet, it's important to make the right impression the first time, because people can't see the real you, nor your facial expressions. I'm sure your ebook is amazing, and thanks for the great offer, but it would have been best if you'd at least said hi before shoving it in our faces. Don't worry, if you stay with us, you'll have a great time.

Ivi (and Rudy): I think Shane realized what he did was a mistake. But you were right--it does get annoying when people only make one comment, just to advertise. Even worse when it's about a group, not an ebook. So maybe we should do like Iso suggested, and let bygones be bygones, make up, and give him a little leeway. Not saying your reaction was wrong, but it might have been a bit exaggerated.

No hard feelings?

Oh, and welcome to the group, Shane.

message 34: by Rudy (new)

Rudy | 1179 comments And he never posted again >.<

message 35: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

Nice way to pick an argument.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.