Mud and Gold (Promises to Keep, #2) Mud and Gold discussion

Amy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Geraldine Tsaftarides it seems like everyone is finding happiness except amy :(

Sonya You have to read all of them; they are awesome!!!

Caroline They are the first books I read when I got my Nook. I just couldn't stop until I found out how everything ended for Amy. My heart just went out to that poor girl.

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee J. Should I read this book? I read the first one and truly enjoyed it! But After reading the reviews I am very skeptical as to weather or not I want to read any further in the series. I would like to read more about the characters lives and how they grow, but I am very much not looking forward to reading about more abuse done to Amy. I have gathered she does eventually stick up for herself, but really does anything ever change for her, does she ever become happy with her life. I really feel if there is no "happy ending" for her then I do not want to read anymore. PLEASE! Someone help, should I read the 2nd and 3rd books? Or will I be dissappointed just to learn more about Amy's *hitty life!

Robin I posted a review of this book that might help you decide.

Renee wrote: "Should I read this book? I read the first one and truly enjoyed it! But After reading the reviews I am very skeptical as to weather or not I want to read any further in the series. I would like to ..."

Celia I liked the series. Amy's condition gets worse then gets better. It was a long series but it kept me going. The second book in the series gets a little depressing but the later ones pick up. Things turn out better for Amy inthe last book.

Geraldine Tsaftarides The second one was so sad, but I couldn't put it down. It broke my heart for her

Julia Bell I'm afraid I couldn't get past the second one. The first one Sentence of Marriage kept my interest because Amy seemed to be in such turmoil, being dumped by her boyfriend and having a baby etc. But the second book seemed to be full of babies and pain. I thought some of the conversations between the characters were trivial and didn't really add to the story.