The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Sea of Monsters discussion

Is there a new movie coming out? Do you think it will be as good/bad as the first one?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Cupcake Bookworm I GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE FOR THE SEA OF MONSTERS...IS IT TRUE AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

Cyrille Yes it's official. The movie is schedueled to be released in March 2013. I hope they'll change the director and moderate the producers because The Lightning Thief movie sucked hard...
I don't plan on watching it unless they make it less childish...

Steven J. I think this movie is going to suck worse than the first because if they messed up a really good Percy Jackson trilogy book then what about one of his not so great ones

Valerie What????? A new movie??????? I don't like the sound of this....
There's a dark feeling inside of me that's saying, "Don't watch the freaking movie!" I think I'm going to listen to it....

Cupcake Bookworm Valerie wrote: "What????? A new movie??????? I don't like the sound of this....
There's a dark feeling inside of me that's saying, "Don't watch the freaking movie!" I think I'm going to listen to it...."

lol
ill prob watch it for fun...u know, see if they cud have made it any worse or not...

Cameron the first movie was horrible... hes supposed to be 12 not 16 there, and half the characters were missing

Cyrille And Annabeth and Percy weren't supposed to kiss!

Cupcake Bookworm Cameron wrote: "the first movie was horrible... hes supposed to be 12 not 16 there, and half the characters were missing"

i know!!!

Cupcake Bookworm Yeahright wrote: "And Annabeth and Percy weren't supposed to kiss!"

lol

Cameron haha it was so messed up

Hannah I was VERY disappointed with the first movie, so I'm very worried about the second one. I'll watch it, but I doubt it will be any good.

message 12: by Nolan (last edited Nov 16, 2011 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nolan Keebler Yeahright wrote: "And Annabeth and Percy weren't supposed to kiss!"

They were barely friends!

Sierra Same the first sucked! I thought it was childish and the plot was messed up

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Cameron wrote: the first movie was horrible... hes supposed to be 12 not 16 there, and half the characters were missing

ok ya knowwhat i still wanna see the next movie alot in hopes that it will be better, and i also agree i wish percy was 12 not 16 that messed it up even if the first movie was good

Isabel aren't they making making a trilogy out of the five books? that's what i heard when the first movie came out... they left out SO MUCH STUFF! and the oracle and everything! im afraid of what's going to happen with the other movies...
the lightning thief movie barely followed the book and left out a lot of my favorite scenes. when you compare it to the book, it absolutely failed. and some of the actors looked NOTHING like the characters! i know they can't be perfectly the same, but they can at least try to make them look somewhat similar!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Isabel- Future Novelist :) wrote: "aren't they making making a trilogy out of the five books? that's what i heard when the first movie came out... they left out SO MUCH STUFF! and the oracle and everything! im afraid of what's going..."

i second that

Cupcake Bookworm Isabel- Future Novelist :) wrote: "aren't they making making a trilogy out of the five books? that's what i heard when the first movie came out... they left out SO MUCH STUFF! and the oracle and everything! im afraid of what's going..."

they are?
IF THEY DO THAT IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING!!! :(

JamieNichole003 The movie was okay but it completely murdered the book hard

Jessica I dont think this movie is going to be any better than the last one, they messed the plot up too much.

Daisy Dardon Seriously? A new movie! I'm both excited but doubtful about this. The first movie sucked. They really didn't go off the book. I just hope they don't screw up this one. The percy jackson series deserve better.

Cupcake Bookworm Daisy wrote: "Seriously? A new movie! I'm both excited but doubtful about this. The first movie sucked. They really didn't go off the book. I just hope they don't screw up this one. The percy jackson series dese..."

yes, yes the percy jackson series deserves better

Cupcake Bookworm u know, i was wondering what would happen if the directors and everyone involved in the percy jackson movie saw this and all the other discussions on how bad the movie is...

Daisy Dardon Cupcake wrote: "u know, i was wondering what would happen if the directors and everyone involved in the percy jackson movie saw this and all the other discussions on how bad the movie is..."

They would probably want to do some major changes in order to get a bigger audience. They wouldn't want to upset the fans.( even more) But who knows maybe they already did read all the comments about how bad the 1st movie was.

Isabel Cupcake wrote: "Isabel- Future Novelist :) wrote: "aren't they making making a trilogy out of the five books? that's what i heard when the first movie came out... they left out SO MUCH STUFF! and the oracle and ev..."

i know! though they've already kind of ruined it. :(

april I like to watch the movies and see what they left and what is wrong with the characters

Darlene I actually liked The Lightning Thief, but it was a one time thing. I think they should just drop this and start over with 12 year olds.

april ikr

Cupcake Bookworm its coming out in 2013 right?

Alanis Hope its way better than 1

Nicholas Moody There is one character that didn't appear in the first book that has a huge role in the second book, I'll give you one guess

Irene pfft if they can salvage a decent plot from the first movie AND GET IT TO MATCH THE SECOND BOOK. then maybe i will ask people who go and see it. and then maybe consider watching it... maybe.

Shatha J Nicholas wrote: "There is one character that didn't appear in the first book that has a huge role in the second book, I'll give you one guess"

Clarisse right? At first I was freaking out because they didn't have anyone in the cast for her, ( I thought, what the heck?!? They're going to leave clarisse out AGAIN?!?) but then they got someone. I wonder how it's going to work out... I want to watch it.. Not in the theatres of course, Im not wasting my money to see that! I'm going to wait untill my local library gets a copy.

Anastasia Shatha J wrote: "Nicholas wrote: "There is one character that didn't appear in the first book that has a huge role in the second book, I'll give you one guess"

Clarisse right? At first I was freaking out because t..."

did you see who's playing Clarisse though? that's not what i pictured at all!

Shatha J Anastasia wrote: "Shatha J wrote: "Nicholas wrote: "There is one character that didn't appear in the first book that has a huge role in the second book, I'll give you one guess"

Clarisse right? At first I was freak..."

Ya!!

Christy Brock I hated the first movie... completely different. They looked eighteen when they are 12 and 13 in the book. I hated the second book so I'm not expecting the movie to be good at all.

7709louis the first one sucked i hope this one is better

★Codie Abibliophobic ★ I think it's going to suck as much as the first one, especially if they keep wavering from what actually happens in the novel. But that's just my opinion :)

♫ ℬuggy   ツ how..there cant be a movie. They ended the first one with a older teenager.
It cant be..even if it would then it wont be as good as the first one.Trust me.

♫ ℬuggy   ツ Yeahright wrote: "Yes it's official. The movie is schedueled to be released in March 2013. I hope they'll change the director and moderate the producers because The Lightning Thief movie sucked hard...
I don't plan ..."

You r absolutely right. It can be no better than the first one. I guess it did be rotten tomatoes.

Megan It was ok, but I really wish that the characters were younger, the person playing annabeth is 26! Im exited for the movie to come out though.

Melissa Nahra the movie was supposed to come out on march 27th 2013 then it was changed to march 15th 2013(i then got really exited too)and now its not until august 16th 2013.WHYYYYYYYYYYY COME ON DIRECTORS!!!!!!!!heres the link in case any of you guys were wondering where i found it http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/percy...

Awesome Klar THE MOVIE COMES OUT THIS FALL

Awesome Klar Feven wrote: "WHY????? The movie was horrible!"

i thought the movie was pretty good

Melissa Nahra Rayman wrote: "THE MOVIE COMES OUT THIS FALL"

it comes out august 16th 2013 so not for another year.

message 45: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn The books wont be any good as movies anymore. when you read sea of monsters we all know that annabeth tells percy the prophecy. The prophecy says when percy is 16 he has the choice of tearing down olympus or keeping it up. In the book they were 13 and 14. The prophecy is very important but now you cant use it because percy is 16 in the movie so none of everything else will make any type of sense. I think the movie will suck but i'll watch it just to see what happens.

message 46: by Marissa (new) - added it

Marissa I think the movie was amazing, and by the way, Percy and Annabeth DIDN'T kiss, gosh. Stop the hate. Movies are ALWAYS different from the books.

message 47: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Melissa wrote: "the movie was supposed to come out on march 27th 2013 then it was changed to march 15th 2013(i then got really exited too)and now its not until august 16th 2013.WHYYYYYYYYYYY COME ON DIRECTORS!!!!!..." when u asked if i think the movie was going to be any good i honestly dont know. Im going to go see it and see what happens from there

message 48: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack well the great prophecy should already have happened because he is 16 in the movie.

message 49: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Jack wrote: "well the great prophecy should already have happened because he is 16 in the movie."

True very true

Ashley I am reading the book and it is good so I think the movie will be good

« previous 1 3