Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Who Else Is Waiting On the Fire? Let the Countdown Begin!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (last edited Nov 13, 2011 08:42AM) (new)

Jason (foreverjuly) | 41 comments My Amazon account says "shipping soon," the money is gone, now all that's left is to wait for my Kindle Fire to arrive! Who else is getting excited and counting down the days?

I've also found a great site for finding free apps! Definitely worth checking out:
http://fireapps.blogspot.com/

message 2: by Bj (new)

Bj Hunter (bjhunter) | 41 comments If the money is gone from your account, it must have shipped. Isn't that their policy? I am ordering one at Christmas, kind of waiting to see what others have to say about it and feeling kind of guilty since I got my k3 just last Christmas ;) What to what to do!

message 3: by Mahlon (new)

Mahlon (mahlon32) | 14 comments Thanks Jason,

My Touch still says "Not yet shipped"

--Mahlon--

message 4: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 82 comments I am going to wait for the reviews. As long as the reviews are generally positive I am sure I will be picking one up sooner or later.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine is listed as "shipping soon" and the money for my Fire (but not the case I purchased) has been debited from my account. Won't be long now!

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Still listed as "shipping soon" with EDD of 11-16.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 30 comments I'm hearing now that a lot of people are getting their Touches early, on the same day as the Fire's release even.

message 8: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 266 comments i'm waiting on kindle touch.

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 109 comments I want both the Fire and the Touch but I think I can wait on the Fire until I hear what people think of it or until the next generation but I really don't want to! I really want a Touch now though because I have the K1 and I am ready for an upgrade but I will still always keep my K1 since it helped get me reading more and was my first reader and I love it. It was also a gift from my family. :)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 30 comments Mine says shipped! It'll be here tomorrow!

message 11: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Shipped, delivery tomorrow!!

Hope it's early. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon!

message 12: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Is it tomorrow yet? Maybe if I go to bed earlier tonight, will that make it come faster??

message 13: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Status Update posted! Whoo, mine's in Philadelphia!!

I wonder if they'd be upset with me going to the service center and sorting through boxes to find mine ...

message 14: by LeisureSuitLarry (new)

LeisureSuitLarry | 2 comments You'd think that being in the same city as Amazon would give me an advantage, but no. For some reason my Fire is hanging out in a DC in Phoenix. On the plus side, I got a free case for it today.

message 15: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Free case? How'd that happen.

I get stuff fast because I live near an amazon warehouse.

message 16: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments It's here.

It's awesome.

I'm hoping that I can get the wifi passwords for the disaster drill I'm going to ... if not, I'll be okay, but I really can justify the need ... there's software that will be used that I should be able to access.

message 17: by Helen (new)

Helen i think you should all send them back in protest that here in the UK, we can't have them! Go on...

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 109 comments Tell us more! What do you love about it? I want to get one eventually. If I only had the money to spend... I would get a Fire AND a Touch. To be used for different things of course!

message 19: by Ashley (last edited Nov 15, 2011 10:13PM) (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 89 comments I wasn't going to get one because I just got a Kindle 3 for my birthday last year in November but I came home today and there was one waiting for me! My brother bought me one! It is pretty slick, I am actually typing on it now. :) I'm curious to see if I can side load content to it. There is no usb cord included so I'm hoping my Kindle 3 usb cord works.

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 109 comments That is so sweet, Ashley! I wish someone would buy me one! I am jealous! :)

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 89 comments Very sweet! It was a combo birthday/happy promotion gift. I am a gadget girl at heart. Two laptops (one I don't use), an iPad, an iPhone, a PSP, the Kindle 3 and now Kindle Fire! So many devices...I love it!

message 22: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (bliss4me) Anyone have one yet????

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 89 comments yes. I do.