What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Fantasy - read about 10 years ago, multiple POV

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James | 1 comments It seemed that the title was short, maybe one or two words, and seemed to describe one of the characters who was the spirit of an ancient conqueror bound into the body of a mage. The college of mages was using this spirit for its knowledge of military tactics to win their war against the people of another country (I think they were "barbarians", but I can't remember for certain). One of the young soldiers from the country being invaded was captured and made a slave to the high mage's daughter, who attended the mage college. The slave discovered he had a talent for magic. He and the high mage's daughter discover the abomination that her father has perpetrated by resurrecting this conqueror's spirit and try to stop it but instead they end up fully awakening the spirit who takes over the mage's body he has been trapped in.

message 2: by laurenpie (new)

laurenpie | 131 comments I'd like to read this one, anyone recognize it?

message 3: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments I haven't read this, so I can't say how close it is, but the plot sounds a bit like The Seer and the Sword.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
James hasn't been active since December 2011 so I'm moving this to Abandoned.