Just Listen Just Listen discussion

Is it good?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Um, I just wanted to know. . . is it predictable and standard or really enjoyable and good?

message 2: by Christie (new) - added it

Christie I really enjoyed it. It was the first of Sarah Dessen's books that I have read, and have since read all but one of her other books. I still need to get my hands on that last one. :)

Melissa I loved this book.I love music so it made it so much more enjoyable. I reccomend(sp?) you read it!!

Delaney IF ANYONE HASN'T READ THIS BOOK THEY SHOULD PICK IT UP NOW!!!!

Sarah Thanks people! :) I thought it's loks like a good book and my friend was like... uh. Looks weird. But I am definitely going to read it next!

message 6: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee enjoyed it - its similar in some ways to speak by Laurie Halsie Anderson, but I felt that Just Listen was more fleshed out characters wise

Delaney Dee wrote: "enjoyed it - its similar in some ways to speak by Laurie Halsie Anderson, but I felt that Just Listen was more fleshed out characters wise"

I thought both Speak and Just Listen were to amazing books that I've read.

message 8: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee I liked them both, I just felt that Just Listen developed the characters a bit more - I felt like I connected kinda with Annabelle - whereas, Miranda, I felt like I was on the outside looking in

Delaney who's Miranda? Oh, you mean the narrator for Speak!

Julie I think one of my favorite things about Sarah Dessen’s books is that if you read them all she connects the characters a little. Sometimes its just the location they are at, sometimes its just a glance to someone sitting across the "The World of Waffles" restaurant or in That Summer it talked about a girl who was part of the Lakeview models. In Just Listen the main character was a Lakeview model. I think it’s a unique idea, and just all around cool how she does that. I love all her book. :)

Melissa Julie wrote: "I think one of my favorite things about Sarah Dessen’s books is that if you read them all she connects the characters a little. Sometimes its just the location they are at, sometimes its just a gla..."

I totally agree with you! =D

message 12: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ When i read this book, I was literally like Oh. My. Gosh. That was amazing. I couldn't believe how amazing the book was. ou should definitly read it!!

Sarah I read it! I enjoyed it... but I don't think I could connect with Annabel that much. Owen was my favourite character though - I loved his obsession with music and the whole anger management thing.

Robyn travers Sarah Dessen is an amazing author , imagine all the time , hard work and passion went into creating that book . At first i just thought it was okay but when i got to the middle i really understood her perspective . Owens music preferences was not what i expected , and Annabelle she was so original , different and strong all the things you would least expect from her.

Jeannettebooks It was GOOD!

Pedmy It's a fabulous book. Sarah Dessen is deffinetly one of my faviorite YA authors and she is unique in several ways. The Story itself was touching and it was great to read. I've also read all of her books since (Just Listen was my first) =)
Now that it was mentioned though I do see the connections between Speak and Just Listen, but I loved the romance in Just Listen. Hopefully you'll enjoy it. Happy Reading.

Brenna I love sarah dessen books! This book was another good book of hers. You will love it.

Sydney I love Sarah Dessen! This book was great! seriously, one of my faves. the first book I read by her was keeping the moon, which is my fave by her..(=