The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Yearly Challenges > The Finish-It-Already Challenge

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara ★ (last edited Nov 12, 2011 12:16PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments If you go here, you will see that I am currently reading various series' from 208 authors. Some only have one series going while others have 2,3,4 or even 5 series going on. And this is only for paranormal authors. I also have a tracker for mystery and romance authors.

Needless to say, I have tons of on-going series so I decided to try to finish the ones that only have ONE book remaining to end the series. it's not exactly a challenge that anyone can join but if you would like to do a buddy read for any of the books listed, please PM me and I will be thrilled to have a buddy who will force me to finally read a specific book on this list.

Most of these books are the concluding book in the series. However, a few of them are book 2 or even 1 in the series in which I've read all the others but managed to miss one. If you know for a fact that a book I've listed is NOT the last in the series, please let me know so that I can remove it from the list. Thanks.

I haven't decided when I will start this challenge (though it will probably be January 2012) but the duration starts with the first book read.

message 2: by Barbara ★ (last edited Mar 21, 2013 07:39AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments DURATION: 1 year (12/1/11 - 11/30/12)
Total Books: 50

READ: 41/50 (as of 12/31/12)

1. Witch Fury - Anya Bast 3/17
2. For Her Eyes Only - Cait London 12/28
3. Inheritance - Christopher Paolini 4/10
4. Shatterglass - Tamora Pierce 11/2
5. Never Too Hot - Belle Andre 6/26
6. Never Been Witched - Annette Blair 11/16
7. Vampire Dragon - Annette Blair 9/2
8. Divine By Choice - P.C. Cast 3/5
9. Leader of the Pack - Karen MacInerney 3/8
10. The Well of Shades - Juliet Marillier
11. Highland Scoundrel - Monica McCarty 10/15
12. Twice as Hot - Gena Showalter
13. Lucinda, Dangerously - Sunny 5/4
14. Mona Lisa Eclipsing - Sunny 9/28
15. Destiny's Star - Elizabeth Vaughan 12/21
16. Crown of Crystal Flame - C.L. Wilson
17. Mercy Burns - Keri Arthur 9/10
18. Eternity Embraced - Larissa Ione
19. Mystic Warrior: A Mystic Isle Novel - Patricia Rice 11/20
20. First Lord's Fury - Jim Butcher 12/18
21. Shadow Fires - Catherine Spangler 8/24
22. Dark Side of Dawn - Kathryn Smith 3/18
23. Bridge of Dreams - Anne Bishop 4/1
24. Host - Faith Hunter 8/8
25. One With the Darkness - Susan Squires 8/22
26. Wild Highland Magic - Kendra Leigh Castle 9/30
27. Legacy of Stone - Vickie Taylor 3/7
28. Lord of Sin - Susan Krinard 7/25
29. Chasing Midnight - Susan Krinard 11/24
30. Smolder - Melina Morel 4/5
31. The Vanishing Sculptor - Donita Paul
32. Ravenous - V.K. Forrest 6/26/12
33. Eternal Prey - Nina Bangs 12/31
34. Bitterblue - Kristin Cashore 6/4/12
35. Stolen Magic - Mary Jo Putney
36. The Time Weaver - Shana Abe 8/6
37. Prince of Magic - Linda Winstead-Jones
38. Darker Than Night - Kim Lenox
39. Parallel Fire - Deidre Knight 11/26
40. Endlessly - Kiersten White 10/14
41. Angel Fire East - Terry Brooks 12/1
42. Wolf's Cross - S.A. Swann 3/28
43. Everlasting Desire - Amanda Ashley
44. Goddess of Troy - P.C. Cast
This is a different title for Warrior Rising which I read in 2008
45. The Shattered Vine - Laura Ann Gilman 1/12
46. Forgotten Sea - Virginia Kantra 2/12
47. Night Magic - Jennifer Lyon 4/20
48. Sinful Magic - Jennifer Lyon 5/30
49. Crucible of Gold - Naomi Novik 4/17
50. Into the Dark - Gena Showalter 12/31

TO READ: The Well of Shades (The Bridei Chronicles, #3) by Juliet MarillierTwice as Hot (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl #2) by Gena ShowalterCrown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) by C.L. WilsonEternity Embraced (Demonica, #4.5) by Larissa IoneThe Vanishing Sculptor (Valley of the Dragons, #1) by Donita K. PaulStolen Magic (Guardians, #2) by Mary Jo PutneyPrince of Magic (Children of the Sun, #1) by Linda Winstead JonesDarker Than Night (Shadow Guard, #3) by Kim LenoxEverlasting Desire (Everlasting, #2) by Amanda Ashley
READ: Angel Fire East (Word & Void, #3) by Terry BrooksFor Her Eyes Only (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #3) by Cait LondonDestiny's Star (Epic of Palins, #3) by Elizabeth VaughanEternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3) by Nina BangsThe Shattered Vine (Vineart War #3) by Laura Anne GilmanDivine By Choice (Partholon, #2) by P.C. CastLegacy of Stone (Les Gargouillen #3) by Vickie TaylorLeader of the Pack (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #3) by Karen MacInerneyWitch Fury (Elemental Witches, #4) by Anya BastDark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles, #2) by Kathryn SmithWolf's Cross (Wolfbreed, #2) by S.A. SwannBridge of Dreams (Ephemera, #3) by Anne BishopSmolder (Institut Scientifique, #3) by Melina MorelInheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher PaoliniCrucible of Gold (Temeraire, #7) by Naomi NovikNight Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #3) by Jennifer LyonLucinda, Dangerously (Demon Princess Chronicles, #2) by SunnySinful Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4) by Jennifer LyonBitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin CashoreNever Too Hot (Hot Shots Men of Fire, #3) by Bella AndreRavenous (Clare Point, #4) by V.K. ForrestLord of Sin (Fane, #4) by Susan KrinardHost (Rogue Mage, #3) by Faith HunterThe Time Weaver (Drakon, #5) by Shana AbeShadow Fires (Shielder #5) by Catherine SpanglerOne With the Darkness (Companion, #6) by Susan SquiresMercy Burns (Myth and Magic, #2) by Keri ArthurMona Lisa Eclipsing (Monère Children of the Moon, #5) by SunnyWild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3) by Kendra Leigh CastleHighland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3) by Monica McCartyEndlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten WhiteShatterglass (Circle Opens, #4) by Tamora PierceNever Been Witched (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #3) by Annette BlairMystic Warrior A Mystic Isle Novel by Patricia RiceChasing Midnight (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #1) by Susan KrinardParallel Fire (Midnight Warriors, #5) by Deidre KnightGoddess of Troy (Goddess Summoning, #6) by P.C. CastVampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3) by Annette BlairForgotten Sea (Children of the Sea, #5) by Virginia KantraFirst Lord's Fury (Codex Alera, #6) by Jim ButcherInto the Dark (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, #3.5, Plus Bonus Material) by Gena Showalter

message 3: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 3560 comments Mod
Good Luck

message 4: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments thanks. It will make a nice dent in my TBR so hopefully I'll read them all.

message 5: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

You can do it

message 6: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I might use this idea for a self challenge for me

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I like this idea, I am headed out of town for a wedding, but I plan to make up a list when I get back and have time to sit down to do make one up.

message 8: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments Please feel free to steal this idea. My series list has become more unmanageable than my TBR so I hope to clear some of them up so I can add new ones, of course.

message 9: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

I keep telling myself I need to finish some series before I start new ones but it doesn't work

message 10: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments No it really doesn't because new ones sound so exciting.

message 11: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Yeah I just start two last week 13 to Life and The Devouring

message 12: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments Never head of either one. I may have to check them out. On second thought I better not or I'll be adding more books to Mt TBR.

message 13: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

lol they are very good

message 14: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok here is my list.

I did books that I only have a few to finish the series. I didn't have many that had only one.

0/12 done

The League- Born of Shadows- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Dark Hunter- Stroke of Midnight- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Aisling Grey- ? & Holy Smokes- Katie MacAlister
Night Huntress- At Graves End, Destined for an Early Grave, This Side of the Grave- Jeaniene Frost
Love at Stake- Eat Prey Love, Vamipre Mine, Sexiest Vampire Alive,- Kerrelyn Sparks
Brotherhood/MacAllister- Born in sin, Taming the Scotsman- Kinley MacGregor

message 15: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments Wow except for Aisling Grey and Kinley MacGregor which I've read, I am currently reading all of these series. Well not really "currently" but I am in the middle of all of these.

I have trouble reading an entire series through, heck I have trouble reading two in a row so no matter how good a series, I forget about it when new ones appear. That's how I have so many with only 1 left. Hopefully I'll clear these up only to discover more with 1 or 2 remaining. It's a vicious circle.

message 16: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Wow, Barbara. This is a very neat challenge. I wish I could join you, but most of mine, I'm in the middle of the series and a very long way from the last book.

Good luck with your challenge.

message 17: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments southpaw285 wrote: "Wow, Barbara. This is a very neat challenge. I wish I could join you, but most of mine, I'm in the middle of the series and a very long way from the last book.

Good luck with your challenge."

Thanks!

message 18: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments 12 of 50 complete

message 19: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments Oh well, guess I just really didn't want to read these books.

message 20: by Barbara ★ (last edited Mar 21, 2013 08:32AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2504 comments two more read but after the one year time frame.
First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera, #6) by Jim Butcher 12/18/12 Into the Dark (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, #3.5, Plus Bonus Material) by Gena Showalter 12/31/12