What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Song of Sorcery (Argonian #1)
This topic is about Song of Sorcery
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A Talking Cat, A Girl on a Quest, And a Bunny? [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 3 comments I read this book back in the late 80s. It was in paperback at that time. I remember there was a talking cat, a girl, a male companion (love interest?) that wasn't recognized as such for most of the book (the love part went unrecognized, I mean). And I remember laughing at some point with the cat referred to "that damn bunny." I realize this is a ridiculous long-shot and I'm sorry I can't remember more. I think it sticks in my mind as one of the first humorous fantasy novels I'd ever read and I absolutely loved it. If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

Michelle Mulford | 112 comments This sounds sort of like Calling on Dragons, except there was no real love plot in that one. The next in the series, Talking to Dragons, had an unrecognized love subplot, though. They are very funny books.

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
ok, I d on't remember a bunny in it but what about The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents?

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments All of these have a talking cat and a girl.
The Grass Beyond the Door by Catherine McVicar
Little Sophie and Lanky Flop by Els Pelgrom
Harry and Chicken by Dyan Sheldon

message 5: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Is it Song of Sorcery by Elizabeth Ann Scarbourough?

"Very reassuring, cat,” said Maggie. “You're the one with the big brown eyes, Witchy,” growled the cat. "Find the damn pool and the damn posies, and cure the damn bunny, and let's get out of here."

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (winterslacker) | 10 comments This is probably a silly guess, but what about Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass?

message 7: by Yue (last edited Nov 13, 2011 05:07PM) (new)

Yue | 137 comments It has to be Calling on Dragons by Patricia Wrede, there are several talking cats, the girl on quest is Cimorene, and there is a bunny, just that it was turned into a donkey, but transformed then to its original form later on the book.

message 8: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 3 comments OMG! Dmdutcher, you've pulled the exact sentence I remember laughing at 20 some odd years ago!!! I think I might cry. Thanks to everyone who responded, but that's absolutely it! :)