Creative Reviews discussion

Exciting News > ARC Angels on Indieviews.com - for authors and readers!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Hola peeps!

Check it out -
http://www.theindieview.com/category/...

According to SimonRoyle:

New Feature the ARC Angels Club
Posted on November 10, 2011 by admin
The idea here is to help authors find advanced readers for their novels, stories, poems. For readers it is the opportunity to read some of your favorite authors, in advance of release, and perhaps even influence the outcome of a book.

There are many who say that a writer should never release their work until the work is done and about to be published. That’s crap advice. The more eyeballs you get on your work before you release it into the wild the better, but please do remember, most advice is worth what you pay for it.

The trick here is to know who is reading the book and to respect their opinion. The tie that binds a writer and their editor together is made of stuff such as this. If that “bond” is not there, then the outcome has been reduced to entertainment, and often fairly sad entertainment at that. Reading an ARC (Advance Reader Copy), is not meant to be entertainment. It can be, but whether you have received the book for a cover blurb comment, a review or to critique – the reading part of ARC is business.

An indie author understands that there has to be a degree of separation between the writing and the business side of publishing. Most tilt one way or the other, very few strike an even balance, and those that do find it very hard to sustain. But getting reviews and making sure that your novel is hitting a sweet spot are all part of the business.

So this “Club” is to help establish a bond between readers and authors. Authors subscribe and list their books on a page that only ARC Angels and subscribed writer can access. The Reader can then respond to the mail that the writer has established and request an ARC.

Simple. Yes, because it is based upon an honor system. The author specifies certain details about the work when submitted i.e. status of completion, 1st draft etc, final MS, that sort of thing, genre, and what they are looking for from taking the time and effort to send an ARC to a reader.

We have all been let down by readers asking for free copies and then not reviewing – that just comes with the territory, along with being a “real author”, and piracy, however readers have also been subjected to horror stories in every genre.

Hopefully this page will help balance both. Oh and remember, both Heaven and Hell have Angels

Join ARC Angel Club as a Reader

Join ARC Angel Club as an Author

Please don’t expect anything to be there for a little while, remember this has just started, so it’ll take a little while to get going – help spread the word

= = = = -
Hope this is of use to you!
JAC

message 2: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments great post JA I never heard of this before. way to bring the info to the people. lol.

message 3: by Cereja (new)

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 2 comments Congrats, this is really cool and I would love to be a part of it.

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 47 comments Congrats!
I just signed up :)

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) | 59 comments J.A. I just signed up as well.

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) ohhhhhh that sounds GREAT! Thanks for sharing!