Proto-Science Fiction discussion

Book Discussions > Nominations for second group read (December 2011)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris (christx) | 36 comments Mod
I know that we're behind and some of us have not yet finished our current group read yet (and are therefore not ready for another), I realize that there may be others of you that are interested in moving along. Also, it will take a little while to get through nominations, voting and acquiring the next book, so we should start now.

Here's my spiel from the last nominations, which applies here as well:

"Feel free to nominate anything, just be prepared to describe to everyone why you're excited about it as a work of proto or early science fiction in case it's not clear to the group.

One nomination per person please. Please nominate by using "add book/author" and selecting it from the GR catalog. Nominations will close on 11/16 and we'll begin voting. Voting will close on 11/22.

Since we're a small group we can discuss when we want to start the read after voting is done -- probably giving heavy weight to book availability. We can also further discuss reading pace once voting has closed and I can put together a schedule for discussion threads based on that."

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Morris | 23 comments Hi Chris, and all. Considering the choices, I'm giving this some thought. I'll be back soon.