Q&A with Sean Quirk discussion

Questions (Any topic) > Anyone else yearning for the good old days?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm talking about the days before digital reading. I love the feel and texture and smell of a book in my hands. I wonder if paper copies are on the way out? Yes, I know ... digital books save the environment and all that, and yes I get to hide behind the banner of traditionalist (while contributing to the destruction of our planet), and yes, I'm aware of the fact that we are living in a digital age .... but still, I just love a good book in my hands.

message 2: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (DevilRebel62) I just prefer my physical books lol. They look better on your book shelf too! :P

message 3: by Claudine (new)

Claudine I will always prefer print over digital even though I have an ereader whihc I use every single day. The texture and smell of the ink does it for me too. I think in time that the luxury of printed books will be just that, an expensive luxury. I think society as a whole is moving towards a much more digitised life.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

(¯`·._.·[ Ðevíl®eߣl62 ]·._.·´¯) wrote: "I just prefer my physical books lol. They look better on your book shelf too! :P"

I also much prefer a "real" book and will NEVER switch over.

message 5: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (DevilRebel62) Woo high five! :P

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

(¯`·._.·[ Ðevíl®eߣl62 ]·._.·´¯) wrote: "Woo high five! :P"

I keep hearing digital reading is going to do for the book industry what i-Tunes did for the music industry.

But, give me an old, creaky book anyday!

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 29 comments I don't own an e-reader, and I doubt if I ever get one. I love regular ole books too much. I love waking up in the morning and seeing all my books on my shelves; the different sizes, the beautiful colors. . .can't get that from a digital reader.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm definitely with you on this one, Beth.

message 9: by Lindis (new)

Lindis Russell (lindyloudawn) Nope, don't miss the good ole days because I don't think they're gone yet. Yes, I have a Kindle, but I still do buy books on paper. I think it will be a very long time for paper books to be gone. I have nothing to back that up, it's just what I think. My Kindle saves me space in my home. I have a small house so I have limited space for a library. If I ever won the lottery, I'd make sure the house I bought had a huge library! Don't think I'd get rid of the Kindle though, it fits better in the purse! : )

I always say, "I love the smell of a new book in the morning!" So, I'm with you on the feel, look, and even smell of a new book. I love it too! When I get one, I actually put it up to my face and take a big sniff. Then, I open it up to somewhere in the middle and do it again! : ) I know, weird.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindis said "When I get one, I actually put it up to my face and take a big sniff. Then, I open it up to somewhere in the middle and do it again! : ) I know, weird."

I do that too lol!

message 11: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (DevilRebel62) Mr Quirk is going to kill me but i think im getting an ereader for Christmas GAHH

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

(¯`·._.·[ Ðevíl®eߣl62 ]·._.·´¯) wrote: "Mr Quirk is going to kill me but i think im getting an ereader for Christmas GAHH"

lol!

message 13: by Y. (new)

Y. Correa (authorycorrea) | 10 comments Sean wrote: "I'm talking about the days before digital reading. I love the feel and texture and smell of a book in my hands. I wonder if paper copies are on the way out? Yes, I know ... digital books save th..."

I totally agree with you my friend! There really is nothing like the smell, the feel and that tranquility that comes with having a good book in your hands and sitting calmly to read it. I swear that the scent of the pages and the feel of the, are part of what calms one down, when sitting to read them. Don't get me wrong, e-books are convenient and all that other stuff you mentioned, but call me old school... I still prefer a real book in my hands!

message 14: by Y. (new)

Y. Correa (authorycorrea) | 10 comments Sean wrote: "(¯`·._.·[ Ðevíl®eߣl62 ]·._.·´¯) wrote: "Woo high five! :P"

I keep hearing digital reading is going to do for the book industry what i-Tunes did for the music industry.

But, give me an old,..."

Old creaky, dog-eared, highlighted, wrinkled, cracked, floppy, ripped... It's all good! Lol

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, Y, that is the way I like them too! some of my Norah Lofts are in the very worst shape but I like them the best.