Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Should JK Rowling write another book??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Kaitlyn Davis I am one of many who LOVES Harry Potter, and I am so sad it's over, especially now that the movies are done too! I would love if she wrote another book somewhere in the world of Hogwarts/magic, but I know a ton of people think she ended it at the right spot! What do you think??

I think she should look at Harry's kids growing up at Hogwarts, or I would love if she wrote a series centered around one of the other schools in the Tri-Wizard tournament! But I understand that some people are worried any new book would ruin the magic around the series!

esthermarie I would just even like her to write a whole new series and plot, not necessarily even remotly releated to Harry Potter. I think that would be horendously cool and I would love to see what else she could do!

Shubham I agree with most of the potter fans that J.K. should definitely write another Harry Potter novel, if not continuing the series, then at least about the existing characters (read new facts, secrets) etc.

Valerie She should do a spin-off, like with his kids or something, continuing the legacy or at least write something!

Kira I would love to see her write something completely unrelated to Harry. As much as we all love the series, I think it would be a mistake to spin off of it. This series was well-plotted and ended when it should. I would hate for something to tarnish what is one of the best book series I have ever read. From Rowling's perspective, it must be very daunting to think of writing something that will be compared to this much loved series.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe about Sirius and James and lupin and lily and snape growing up and the fight against voldemort. Not after Harry cause that would ruin the plot.

Xdyj I think Harry Potter is supposed to be over and we've already got a pretty satisfying resolution. I do hope JK Rowling would write something new because her books are amazing imo.

Ricco There is a lot of room for some Harry Potter prequels.

Jackie I would love for JK Rowling to write another book/series!

I'm intrigued by the idea of another series centered around one of the other wizarding schools too. Good thinking Kaitlyn!

Lucinda I would be the HAPPIEST PERSON ALIVE if she wrote another book/series!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Xdyj wrote: "I think Harry Potter is supposed to be over and we've already got a pretty satisfying resolution. I do hope JK Rowling would write something new because her books are amazing imo."

yeah i think i agree with you.

message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen another book/series, but NO sequel to harry potter.
but i'm curious to hear your opinions on this: how about maybe a prequel series to hp? something short maybe? about the first wizarding war, james and lily and sirius and their hogwarts days, and james lily's death.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking.

★ Jess No. She shouldn't milk the amazing story. Especially not with a fan-fiction like story about their kids. I would avoid that at all cost.

Kaitlyn Davis Jackie wrote: "I would love for JK Rowling to write another book/series!

I'm intrigued by the idea of another series centered around one of the other wizarding schools too. Good thinking Kaitlyn!"

Thanks!! I've always thought it'd be cool to see something besides Hogwarts

Britt I think it would be cool if she wrote another series or at least a book about one of the other magical schools too! But I really like the idea about Harrys kids at Hogwarts! I'm really sad that it ended, it was like my favorite series!

Kerri I don't think Rowling should write another HP book. The series is how it is, but I do feel that she should continue writing new and completely different books. She already has written her side books--Beedle the Bard and Quidditch and Fantastic Beasts--she is better than a one-trick pony!

message 18: by Nyssa (last edited Nov 13, 2011 10:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nyssa I would be interested in another series by Rowling, but not HP. I actually wanted to know more about Harry's life as an adult, but I understand her ending where she did. I do not thing that magic can be recaptured, but she could certainly create a entirely new/different world.

Rachel I don't think it would be a good idea for Rowling to write anymore HP books but I'd love to see her write something brand new!

Julia YES. YES. Not about Harry Potter, I love the series, but se already summed up the whole thing at the end of The Deathly Hollows. But if she wrote another book or even another series, I would wait outside a bookstore in ANY weather to get it. <3

Jackie Julia wrote: "YES. YES. Not about Harry Potter, I love the series, but se already summed up the whole thing at the end of The Deathly Hollows. But if she wrote another book or even another series, I would wait o..."

I would too! She has proven that she is a talented writer and I hope we get the chance to read some more from her!

Julia Jackie wrote: "Julia wrote: "YES. YES. Not about Harry Potter, I love the series, but se already summed up the whole thing at the end of The Deathly Hollows. But if she wrote another book or even another series, ..."
I would be in love if she wrote another one, Lol!

PostCardashian Kim I'd completely love it, i think she could go back, write about young dumbledore, or grindelwald, or godric gryffindor, or tons of stuff...

message 24: by Alya (last edited Nov 16, 2011 05:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alya No, and I don't think it needs prequels either.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if she wrote another Harry Potter book. But I think that the way it ended was perfect, and I think that... well lets just say too much of a good think will eventually turn it into a bad thing.
So basically: I would love it if she wrote another HP Book, but at the same time I don't want her to.

I wouldn't abject to a different series though...

message 25: by Rachel (last edited Nov 17, 2011 07:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel My sister really wants her to write Hogwarts, A History. I think it would be awesome if she did. Spin-offs and such are probably going to be limited to fanfiction, although I'm sure she would do a great job if she could come up with an original plot line for one.

Honestly though, I think most people want to know more about the existing characters, locations, histories, etc. I'd personally love it if she published a compilation of short stories from other characters' points of view. For instance, Snape's perspective when he was headmaster or when he was going to have to kill his mentor, McGonagall's when Umbridge was 'headmistress', Lucius's when Voldemort was destroying his family, even Filch's thoughts about being a Squib in a magical school would be amazing.

Damon Rick Riordan has a great extension series after The Lightning Thief series. It includes some of the same characters, including Percy Jackson, but it is totally new. Its very good! JK Rowling can do it too!

message 27: by Allen (last edited Nov 17, 2011 03:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Allen ABH No just stop right there, Harry Potter is over, let it be for the sake of humanity. btw i am the biggest hp fan soo yea.

Ashley Rachel wrote: "My sister really wants her to write Hogwarts, A History. I think it would be awesome if she did. Spin-offs and such are probably going to be limited to fanfiction, although I'm sure she would do a ..."

I know that on pottermore we learn more of the character backstories as they appear in the books.. I love the Uncle Vernon and Petunia love story, as well as McGonagall's back story.

Rachel Ashley wrote: "Rachel wrote: "My sister really wants her to write Hogwarts, A History. I think it would be awesome if she did. Spin-offs and such are probably going to be limited to fanfiction, although I'm sure ..."

I knowwww, I'm so excited!! I'm SO angry at them for delaying the general registration though. I was in the process of graduating from college when they did the Magical Quill challenge so I didn't do it, and I'm really regretting it now =( I would've done it if I'd known they weren't going to open it to the public on schedule.

Sahar Siddiqi I really want her to write a series based on the kids. I wanna know about the kids! Especially Scorpius Malfoy!

I mean, the Harry Potter series was about before and during the war. Now I want to know how the kids grow up in a world that's after the war.

Courtney I think it'd be awesome if she went back and wrote books about the "original" trio. When Voldemort was just rising to power would just... be an awesome prequel to the HP books. That or just write them about Albus Potter, perhaps becoming best friends with Scorpius Malfoy. It'd give a huge twist to the past. There's so many options for when and if she ever went one of those routes.

message 32: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby I think she maybe should write another, but related to Harry Potter. Wouldn't it be weird if she wrote a modern series not related to Harry? Shiver.

Chelseabelle I think she should go the route of JRR Tolkein and write "histories," of her world.. maybe actually complete a few textbooks like History of Magic and the book Rita Skeeter wrote about Ddore. That would be awesome, and I would own every one.

BTW.. the little copies of Fantastic beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages don't count. They are too small and not detailed enough.

Chelseabelle Brooke wrote: "I think it'd be awesome if she went back and wrote books about the "original" trio. When Voldemort was just rising to power would just... be an awesome prequel to the HP books. That or just write t..."

Yes. I would LOVE to hear about Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs.

message 35: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Chelseabelle wrote: "Brooke wrote: "I think it'd be awesome if she went back and wrote books about the "original" trio. When Voldemort was just rising to power would just... be an awesome prequel to the HP books. That ..."

Yes! That is a really intriguing idea!

message 36: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Chelseabelle wrote: "I think she should go the route of JRR Tolkein and write "histories," of her world.. maybe actually complete a few textbooks like History of Magic and the book Rita Skeeter wrote about Ddore. That ..."

True. But I do like the "comments" that Harry and Ron wrote on them. I love just flipping through.

message 37: by 8 (new) - rated it 5 stars

8 I actually hear that she is supposed to be writing Hogwarts: a history. Its that book that was writen by
Bathilda Bagshot that Hermione keeps referring to throughout the whole series. Though it would be nice if she wrote somthing about **SPOILER**Harry's and Ginny's children and what happens at the school around that time. Rowling can actually write a whole nother series about Harry's kids with the bad guy being a whole new set of people. Kind of what Rick
Riordan did with the Percy Jackson series. That would be cool.

Britt i agree. those are some intriguing ideas.

Marcie Harkness Of course we need to see more from JK Rowling. She's an amazing story teller. Perhaps a more adult version. I'd love to read the History Of Hogwarts. I'd probably read anything she writes. I'd be very curious.

message 40: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie Love HP but all good things must come to an end. The series ended perfectly. I don't see the need for more books but of course I would read them if she did. For now I will just re-read the older classics.

message 41: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby 03austinw wrote: "I actually hear that she is supposed to be writing Hogwarts: a history. Its that book that was writen by
Bathilda Bagshot that Hermione keeps referring to throughout the whole series. Though it w..."

Yes, I heard that too...

message 42: by 8 (new) - rated it 5 stars

8 i hope its real

Sydney Yargeau yessssssss she should definately write another one i wish it didnt have to end

Henry Mosquera I would like to see what other stories she can tell. The problem with the success of the HP saga, is that it's a double edge sword. Odds are, nothing she'll ever write will live up to the unrealistic expectations of most her readers. She already pulled off a cultural phenomenon. On the other hand, Rowling is in an enviable position to try her hand at anything she feels like writing. She left her mark and her bills are paid; she can afford the luxury of failure.

As for more HP books, I guess expanding her universe is fine. However, I would not touch the core characters. Otherwise it can easily go down the way of Star Wars (I know this is a debatable point). In my opinion, everything should have an end.

message 45: by Molly (new)

Molly If she did write another book in the HP universe, I'd want it to be a book about the founders. I would love to read a story about them. I think they have the most interesting story to offer of all the characters and eras.

Jackie Wow Molly that's a very interesting idea too. Like with Salizar Slytherin and Godric Griffindor and all four of them? hmmm...that could be interesting!

zack I think her writing style's a bit tacky, but she's an artist when it comes to plot. I'm pretty sure a prequel would turn into the same mess George Lucas made with Star Wars, so I'm more on board with the idea of writing a companion novel or Harry Potter universe encyclopedia sort of thing.

message 48: by Jacqui (last edited Nov 23, 2011 10:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacqui I would love either a prequel with Harry's parents at school or a series of Harry's kids at school!

or Molly said a series about the founders. I agree it would be an awesome series

Jennifer Dupriest I'd be really awesome if she wrote about Harry's parents when they were growing up at Hogwarts. She could make it from Lily Evan's perspective and her growing up and how she fell inlove with James Potter... I'd be interested in that :)

Danielle. I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter and I grew up with it, but I think J.K. Rowling should NOT write another book. It's perfect the way it ended. If she writes another, it won't be the same. Most of the Death Eaters died and Voldemort's dead. I don't know what else she could write. It wouldn't be the same, Harry Potter is an adult; so are the other original characters from the HP series. It wouldn't be an interesting read to read about Hermione and Ron's children getting into trouble as well as Harry and Ginny's. Slytherin is no longer a 'horrible' house because of Snape, so it shouldn't be any problems with the houses [except for competing to get the most points]. I dunno, this is my opinion and I think she shouldn't. I do agree with Molly's post, though. Reading about the four founders.

« previous 1