Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Buddy Reads > Buddy Reads

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jan 08, 2013 03:22PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9732 comments Mod
This folder is for members to set up Buddy Reads. If there is a book that you'd like to read with another member, please post on this thread to announce it. And when you have someone say they'd like to join you, you can start a thread for the buddy read in this folder.

*The books don't have to be dangerous heroes-related.*

*The buddy read thread for each book discussion will automatically be archived if no posts occur after/within a three month period.

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments I would love to do this!! If there is anyone else that wants to just send me a message :) You can even pick the book!!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

If you have a book in mind, don't be shy Carolyn!

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Sep 06, 2012 02:43PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm reading Easy by Tammara Webber between 9/8 and 9/22! I'd love to have some company!!!

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

(Mature Young Adult/ New Adult)

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 51 comments I would like to do an buddy read to get back to reading. I have been in an reading flunk.

I went to the library and checked out some books. Wheres what I got.
Nauti Boy (Nauti, #1) by Lora Leigh Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers, #1) by Pamela Clare
A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3) by Tessa Dare
In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks

message 6: by Duchess Nicole (last edited Oct 02, 2012 08:50PM) (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments Hi, Jessica! I've read both Surrender and In Bed With a Highlander. I'll buddy read one of the other two with you, but if we read the Tessa Dare book, I'd need to read the first two in the series first. I'm a stickler for reading order. Your choice, it makes no difference to me, as they are both on my tbr!! Great choices, by the way. The two that I have read were both five star reads!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 51 comments Thank you so much. I think we can start on Surrender. I have all three books in the series And would start reading them so I could make a character guide for the series.

message 8: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments I'm sorry, I meant that I've already read the McKinnon's Rangers by Pamela Clare series and the McCabe Trilogy by Maya Banks. But I haven't read the other two series.

message 9: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) Jessica, I'll read the Maya Banks ones if you want, but I'm a bit bogged down with books to read at the moment so I might not start until the end of the month :/

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I've read them all except for the Spindle Cove book. I would also have to read book #1 first. Is there any possibility of doing a buddy read for the A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare ?

message 11: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments Lauren wrote: "I've read them all except for the Spindle Cove book. I would also have to read book #1 first. Is there any possibility of doing a buddy read for the A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare?"

Lauren, I would love to do a buddy read with you! Maybe once we get through the first two books, Jessica could join us for the third?

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Man I wish I could join you all for Spindle Cove. I don't know if I will be free though.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I would Love to read spindle cove too. Though when will you be starting ? would prefer from monday if thats ok with lauren and duchess ?

message 14: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I will read the Spindle Cove book as well....when will we start?

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 51 comments Yes I can start the spindle cove book too I'm now putting it on hold at the library

message 16: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresatheduchessofread) | 91 comments I am going to read the Spindle Cove book too. Once I get it from inter-library loan. Hopefully it wont take to long.

message 17: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments Sorry, I stopped getting notifications. Urg! I can start whenever you say, ladies! I have it ready to go, and I'm in dire need of a good Historical series! Can we wait until Jessica has the book in hand since it's her read? IDK how long it takes your library, but mine can be awhile.

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 51 comments I checked on it on my library account and its on its way.

message 19: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments Awesome! Do you want to start Monday, then? Maybe go ahead and set up a thread for it now. I'm excited!

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I also have it and can start Monday.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay ! Lets start on monday :D

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 51 comments Ok setting up thread for it now.

message 23: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments Pat and I are going to read the first three of Brotherhood of the Sword by Kinley MacGregor
Master of Desire (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #1) by Kinley MacGregor Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #2) by Kinley MacGregor Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3) by Kinley MacGregor
And if we like them we may continue. We start Monday, January 20th.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

That's an awesome series, Katya. I hope you and Pat enjoy them!

message 25: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) wrote: "That's an awesome series, Katya. I hope you and Pat enjoy them!"

I've only read two of the books...Born in Sin, being one of them and loved them. I am looking forward to them.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I wish Kinley MacGregor would publish more books!

message 27: by Carolin (new)

Carolin | 15 comments I would love to do a buddy read sometime in the end of March or during April. I have some books that have been on my TBR for ages, are anyone here interested in joining me?

The Shadow Reader (Shadow Reader, #1) by Sandy Williams A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1) by Allison Pang Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1) by Jenn Bennett Black Dust Mambo (Hoodoo, #1) by Adrian Phoenix Dead on the Delta (Annabelle Lee, #1) by Stacey Jay

Or any suggestions, I just would like to have someone to discuss it with during and afterwards, haha.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Hi Carolin. I have the first three books on your list, but I'm not sure I have time for a buddy read. I hope you find someone to join you!

message 29: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 192 comments Hi! I'm planning on reading the following books during October, and would love a buddy reader or two! Please let me know if you're interested, and I'll set up a thread. I can start the buddy read at your convenience...

1. Elemental Mysteries 3 - The Force of Wind by Elizabeth Hunter
2. Elemental Mysteries 4 - A Fall of Water by Elizabeth Hunter
3. Alpha and Omega 2 - Enemy Mine by Aline Hunter
The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries, #3) by Elizabeth Hunter A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries #4) by Elizabeth Hunter Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, #2) by Aline Hunter

message 30: by Raina (last edited Oct 13, 2014 10:02PM) (new)

Raina | 7 comments Anyone wants to read Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates #1) by Felicity Heaton by Felicity Heaton? Just PM me :)

April   ♥"LOS" ♥ (amp2514) | 126 comments I'm going to start a buddy read of Explicit Instruction (Explicit, #1) by Scarlett Finn Nov 1st with a couple people from another group. If anyone wants to join me send me a PM.

message 32: by Shanna (last edited Nov 25, 2015 06:53AM) (new)

Shanna Matheo Hi all,

I've pre-purchased Thea Harrison's Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9) by Thea Harrison and can hardly wait! So I thought I'd check and see if anyone else is as excited for this release as I am and would be interested in buddy reading it with me in December?

Let me know! :)

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Hi Shanna. I am super excited about his book. I'm not there yet in the series though. :(

message 34: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 394 comments Hi everyone, I'm planning on reading Surviving Passion by Maia Underwood soon. Sometime during this second part of May perhaps. I've wanted to read this for such a long time, and I thought it would be nice to have someone to buddy read along with!
Let me know if you're interested in joining me!

Surviving Passion (The Shattered World, #1) by Maia Underwood

message 35: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Hi Natalie. I'm sorry to be late in posting. I do have and want to read this, but probably not until mid-late June.

message 36: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 394 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "Hi Natalie. I'm sorry to be late in posting. I do have and want to read this, but probably not until mid-late June."

Danielle, I've not started the book yet so that's great! And mid-late June is fine. Whenever really :-)

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Okay, great. I have like three review book deadlines right now. I'll check in next week.

message 38: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 394 comments Ok then!

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 15, 2016 07:46AM) (new)

Hi
I would love to start reading one of the following series if anyone was interested please message:
1) Rizzoli & Isles series (https://www.goodreads.com/series/4162...)
2) More Than series (https://www.goodreads.com/series/1081...)
thank you

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Natalie wrote: "Ok then!"

Hi Natalie. Sorry for the delay. Did you want to start the book this Sunday?

message 41: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 394 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Ok then!"

Hi Natalie. Sorry for the delay. Did you want to start the book this Sunday?"

Hi Danielle, yes that sounds good to me! I'm excited to start the book on Sunday then. I've been wanting to read this one for such a long time, good to be finally getting around to it!!

message 42: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Okay, I'll start the thread for it.

message 43: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 394 comments Ok! :-)

message 44: by Heather LiteratureChick (btwn_thechapters on IG) (last edited Jun 25, 2016 05:44AM) (new)

Heather LiteratureChick (btwn_thechapters on IG) (literaturechick) I am going to start the Bourbon Kings series (the 2nd book is tbr July 27). Anyone interested starting July 15th?

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1396...

I am also going to be continuing the McCabe trilogy by Maya Banks and will be starting reading Seduction of a Highland lass very soon. If anyone is interested in a buddy read for book 2 & 3 of the series.

message 45: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 192 comments Hey all,
I'm starting a buddy read for Flare by Jonathan Maas this Saturday, December 31, with thread linked to this site, because it's the coolest reading site on GR and there's got to be a Dangerous Hero in there somewhere. If you want to join, please feel free!

message 46: by Angel (new)

Angel Couper | 26 comments I'd love to start a buddy read with someone, if anyone is interested.
Anyone want to read Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard? Or Bad Neighbour by Molly O'Keefe?

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 28 comments So anyone interested? The book is free on kindle if that helps.

Wolf Retreat: A Paranormal Romance with Bite! Wolf Retreat A Paranormal Romance with Bite! by N. Gray