The Sword and Laser discussion

Book Club - Can I simply join in?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linguana (new)

Linguana | 148 comments This may be a silly question but I'm completely new to the podcast as well as the group (even though I'm catchin up fast where the podcast is concerned).

I'd really like to join in the next book discussion (already voted, too) and I was wondering if I hadn't missed any protocols of etiquette? Do I just vote and then read the book and discuss along with you?

I really like you guys (Tom and Veronica AND the members in the group here) and don't wanna accidentally step on anyones toes.

message 2: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4120 comments Just jump into the conversations! Even for older books, if you've read them, or have something to add to the conversation, come on in. :)

And if you haven't introduced yourself in the new member thread, do that, too.

Welcome!

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Just jump in. We're a nice friendly bunch here. Welcome

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

It's too late. You've broken the rules.

get the torches and pitchforks

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments Linguana wrote: "I'd really like to join in the next book discussion (already voted, too) and I was wondering if I hadn't missed any protocols of etiquette? Do I just vote and then read the book and discuss along with you?"

Well, did you pass the entrance test?

Just kidding. Posting a hello post in the new member thread is recommended, but everything else is just dive right in.

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments Oh, and you do have your Veronica shrine set up, yes? Because that one is kind of mandatory.

message 7: by Linguana (new)

Linguana | 148 comments Waaaaah runs from torches and pitchforks and comes back with a herd of orcs to back her up

Thanks guys. I did introduce myself (that this was only polite was pretty obvious). In that case, I look forward to reading my first book with you guys. And now I'll go check out the old threads for books I've read.

message 8: by toria (vikz writes) (last edited Nov 10, 2011 05:45AM) (new)

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Anne wrote: "Oh, and you do have your Veronica shrine set up, yes? Because that one is kind of mandatory."

Don't forget the garlanded shrine for Tom. ;)

message 9: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 178 comments Selling torches and pitchfork! Get your torches and pitchforks here!

You are fine :) Come on in and join the fun, everyone I have seen post in the group has been very easy going.

message 10: by Nick (last edited Nov 10, 2011 06:16AM) (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Don't forget. People new to the club must go through the initiation.
http://youtu.be/HmPDoNrGWng

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Welcome and looking forward to your posts...

message 12: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1666 comments Mod
Anne wrote: "Oh, and you do have your Veronica shrine set up, yes? Because that one is kind of mandatory."

You should see my shine of shrines, were I post all the photos of your shines on my wall at home and light candles all around them. It's very pretty.

Welcome, Linguana!

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments Veronica wrote: "You should see my shine of shrines, were I post all the photos of your shines on my wall at home and light candles all around them. It's very pretty."

Wait! How did you get a photo of my shrine?

message 14: by Boots (new)

Boots (rubberboots) | 499 comments Anne wrote: "Veronica wrote: "You should see my shine of shrines, were I post all the photos of your shines on my wall at home and light candles all around them. It's very pretty."

Wait! How did you get a photo of my shrine? "

Veronica has a house elf whose sole duty is to photograph Veronica-Shrines. You didn't know?

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments Boots wrote: "Veronica has a house elf whose sole duty is to photograph Veronica-Shrines. You didn't know?"

Boy, the things I learn in this forum.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't ask what's in Toms shrine of shrines or how he gets those pictures.

message 17: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 639 comments We're supposed to actually read the books? I'm just here for the conversation! ;-)

message 18: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments Sporadic Reviews wrote: "We're supposed to actually read the books? I'm just here for the conversation! ;-)"

Oh, I think we all just pretend to read them. I for one mostly read the summaries on Wikipedia and then make stuff up to make it sound like I actually read. Come on! Nobody reads anymore.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I wait for the movie and then read the wiki about the movie, then pretend I read the book.

message 20: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 639 comments Ala wrote: "I wait for the movie and then read the wiki about the movie, then pretend I read the book."

I pretend to read the forums... ;-)

message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 828 comments I pretend to write in the forums. I don't actually do it, though. You just think I do. I'm very good at that.

message 22: by Linguana (new)

Linguana | 148 comments Man, I'm really tempted now to actually put up a Veronica shrine and upload a picture. :)

@nick: I bravely ran through my shower this morning (if you can call taking one large step running). Hope that counts. *Linguana ooh ah ah*