NaNoWriMo discussion

Writing Games > Dare Machine

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 140 comments Mod
http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/

Feeling stuck? GO to the bottom of this page to a small box labeled dare machine. it will give you something to do. And if you aren't at a point in your novel to do that dare, click again for another until you find one that fits your scene!

My current one:
"We dare you to put lime Jell-O into your next scene. Food fight? Jell-O eating contest? It's up to you!"

message 2: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) | 140 comments Mod
The current one I'm using:
"We dare you to put lime Jell-O into your next scene. Food fight? Jell-O eating contest? It's up to you!"

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Current dare: "We dare you to begin your next chapter with a lyric from the next song you hear on the radio."

Definitely using this!!!

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 119 comments My Current dare: We dare you to make your main characters' parents the focus of your next scene.
I am actually going to do this, it will tie in very well with the story.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool. I can't remember what the last song I heard on the radio is, so I'll use a different dare. XD

Current dare: We dare you to write a scene where everyone communicates in song. Bonus points if you write the songs.

I might use it...

message 6: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 119 comments Same here. I have no ideas what so ever.

message 7: by Eve (new)

Eve (emusings) I'm not sure if I'll even be able to pull it off this year. It depends on the work load I get in school... I guess I've just got to cross my fingers for being able to do it!

message 8: by Will (new)

Will | 3 comments Current dare:Make your character run into the last person they want to see.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 16 comments Current Dare: make your character's fav food you think is gross

message 10: by Carter (new)

Carter Posted this one on the NaNo forums a few days ago:

Have an ice mage (or any magic user) get a cold from using ice magic too much.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments "Introduce a cat that appears many times throughout the rest of the novel." - already in my story!

message 12: by Will (new)

Will | 3 comments Give one of your chase caters have a long-lost sibling