The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

Who else thought the movie was missing things?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Osudinee (last edited Nov 08, 2011 04:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Osudinee Just out of curiousity who else realised that the people who made the movie changed and cut out crucial parts from the book???

message 2: by Hasara (last edited Nov 08, 2011 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hasara Yeah they changed a lot. For one thing percy aged like sixteen or something while in the book is he like twelve. And annabeth is a brunette who is actually twenty six in real life. Bleugh!

Osudinee Loony Lovegood wrote: "I believe everybody did."

thats cool I was just curious because when I watched it at my best friends place and then when I realised they had cut soo much out I asked her and she had no clue!
so yeah just curious

esthermarie So I heard they are making the second into a movie... That means since they changed alot in the first even more wil be different in the second.! Not sure what i think about that.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Please...remake it with a decent producing team.

Kira Hmmp.. I hate it that they ruin the book..

Lulu Awawda i know theres some parts that are like crucial to the next movie so my guess why there isnt a next movie yet is cus of that

Sable The movie didn't have Ares...I actually liked him!

Brianna Annoyance! That movie was really nothing like the book!!! I mean, the reason for going to medusa's and all those other places was all wrong. Plus, they didn't have clairisse and ares, so how can they make the second movie right?

Steven J. the movie was horrible compared to the book two thumbs down

Clara they are making The Sea of Monsters into a movie... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! my friend said that the movie was awesome and i looked her like she was crazy...and she wasnt kidding. i agree with u clara, scream!!!!!!!

Nolan Keebler Percy never even met Ares! And when they were in the underworld in the book Persephone wasn't there!

message 14: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara the movie wasnt anything at all like the book there are a lot of important pats missing!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

what about the prophecy and him turning sixteen?!!

A half-blood of the eldest gods,
shall reach sixteen against all odds...

i mean, he's already sixteen in the first movie! how are they going to do the prophecy?! they made a mess of the book.

Jennifer Dupriest They changed sooooo much that I was a little bit dissapointed... I thought he was suppose to be younger.

Maria B. Quagliana this is sooo ridicalous (ridiculious)!

Emily Rose i hated that movie it was so stupid i mean percy is 12 not in the middle of adolecenst and like 16. n they got so many other things wrong and left important stuff out

Maria B. Quagliana its virtually impossible for them to make another movie

Andrez Loony Lovegood wrote: "I believe everybody did."

yup, they sure did

Biondy I think everybody who had read the book would realize. The movie was not as great and as hilarious as the book :)

Valerie It was missing the humor, action and all. It was definitely a terrible movie.

message 23: by Zsiddiqui (new)

Zsiddiqui Do you think I should watch the movie??? Reply...

Andrez I agree, it sucked, except for the pen scene, that was hilarious :)

Zsiddiqui wrote: "Do you think I should watch the movie??? Reply..."

if you've already read the lightning thief, no, you shouldn't because it really has nothing to do with the book, but if you haven't... well, there's not much to lose then

message 25: by Zsiddiqui (last edited Nov 17, 2011 12:46PM) (new)

Zsiddiqui I read the series, everyone says that the movie is amazing! Basically, I'm 50/50... I'll ask a few people then get back to you!

message 26: by Mimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi i'm not sure how you could miss it if you read the book at all. the movie is one of the worst things that's ever happened. you change that much crap, the story falls apart. they needed to smooth it over with a completely different story line or something lol.

message 27: by Zsiddiqui (new)

Zsiddiqui PS. I wonder if the directors read the book...

Maria B. Quagliana well i dont know who ur considering "everybody" c uz theres a different book discussion and litteraly EVERYONE hated the movie

Biondy Zsiddiqui wrote: "Do you think I should watch the movie??? Reply..."

well... personally my answer will be no... just avoid the movie if you have read the book...

message 30: by Seth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seth Gaglione I also hated how the quest concept was to find the pearls....

Shubham The movie was quite different from the novel, though sometimes it is an attempt to simplify things for the viewer, but they should not leave the hard-core important parts out.
The movie could have been better..

message 32: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Spiegel I was so mad at the movie!! If they would have changed the Harry Potter movies that much, people would have freaked out!! This book could have worked in film just as well if they would have followed the story line!!

Sasha Mangipano This movie was crazy, it was almost like they made up a movie and through this book in along for the ride!

message 34: by Maria B. (last edited Nov 20, 2011 06:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maria B. Quagliana Leah wrote: "I was so mad at the movie!! If they would have changed the Harry Potter movies that much, people would have freaked out!! This book could have worked in film just as well if they would have followe..."

haha. 'tis ironic as well as funny that you shall bring up that tonpic, Leah. In the harry Potter series, they do leave out some important parts and change it up/ add parts. for example, they skipped the whole scene where harry is in argus filtch's 'office' and harry finds this thing that says "can't do magic as well as other? well try-" and so filtch hates harry because harry found out that he was a quid. that is why filtch hates him so much. anyway, that is why filtch thinks that harry killed mrs norris. in the same event, the words that were written on the wall when mrs noris was petrified weren't written in blood. i could keep going, but i must give you an example of a time that they added.

in the second game (in the movie) and/or the first game that malfoy plays, harry catches the golden snitch right away, there is no chase for it between harry and draco.

i am forgetting right now but there was one part in the movie that they switched.

now you can see that (even though im only giving weak examples) the harry potter movies did leave some improtant parts out. you guys must have either: not been paying attention to the books or not paying attention to the movies.

Sevania THEY HAD NO CLARISSE!!!!!! THEY HAD NO TOILET SCENE!!!!!!!!! HOW THE HECK CAN PERCY AND ANNABETH AND GROVER DRIVE?????? THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE 12!!L!!!!!'!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!

Paula They also had technology at Camp Half Blood; which is bad because the monsters can track with that.
The prophecy was never heard of.
The cabins are in a U shape.
No Ares! (who plays a huge part in the book)
No abandoned amusement park where Percy and Annabeth run into a trap.
Oh and they showed Hades true form TWICE! Anyone who sees the Gods true form dies.
..... there are just too many things

Tsing Lin The movie was really lame and I thought that the book is more interesting than the movie.(Duh) And when I heard there is a movie coming out I was kinda looking for the fight with Ares and the part when Clarisse drinks toilet water... :(

Maria B. Quagliana he-hem! do u guys just skip over waht i said. first u guys say that harry potter was executed well, but when i try to tell u details that might cahnge ur mind, you dont care.

and i have one other thing that in harry potter is TOTALLY DIFFERent: hagrid is suppose to be a giant. not liek a human that is tall, but a monster looking thing/ ogar type. so HA!

april I did

april Oh I am hilarious!!!!!!!

april Anyway.... I wasn't even talking to you in the first place. I said I did because i thought the movie was missing things. SO GET YA FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

april Well technically, be quiet with the muta truka thing and nope. I read every comment before i started mine

april why should i back off

message 44: by Kira (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kira in the movie Percy was way too hot!
it was distracting
haha

april lol

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

HELLS YES!

just look at Annabeths hair colour!!!!!WTF!!

Hannah After watching it, I was very angry. I watched it again and made a large list of everything that was wrong. It was about four pages in size 11 font. Plus, I forgot to put down some things because I was basically writing the list during the entire movie.

message 48: by Kira (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kira @Maria B. Mescudi/ Graham
whoa,whoa, whoa slow down there guys take it down a notch no need for anger!...

message 49: by Hugo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hugo i think so also, which is why i dont like book movies, but twilight, EVERYBODY wants to watch TWILIGHT, :P just because of some hot guys, its so shallow, but i hope someone messages Eoin Colfer before they make his Artemis Fowl movies, a story plot thats as good as those deserve perfection!

message 50: by Kira (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kira yes! that is soooooo true!

« previous 1