Art Lovers discussion

Just For Fun > Guess That Movie

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Nov 08, 2011 08:01AM) (new)

Heather This folder is just for some fun facts, games, quizzes, etc. If you have a new topic, you can create your own.

Everyone, of course, is welcome to play, guess, or post anything!

Please, when submitting your answers or guesses, please put a spoiler alert.

To post spoilers, look where is says (some html is ok)

message 2: by Heather (last edited Nov 08, 2011 07:46AM) (new)

Heather In Which Movie Do We Find This Work?

[image error]

Bella his beloved wife (and later his second wife Vava), were the only people he honoured with his portraits. He is often floating with his love, that arguably reveals the elated feeling of happiness. Not everything was roses though for Chagall, he was full of doubts, he said that at such times he painted a topsy-turvey world… and set them floating about in his pictures. A man with the animal face plays of the music with its violoncello. The choice of the instruments, the violoncello and the clarinet evoke the Yiddish folklore of the shtetl. There seems to be great variety in his choice of colours. The blue could be seen as calm and tranquil or even melancholy, whereas there are the vibrant reds of the wedding dress and the chuppah. Chagall is one of those rare painters that is comfortable revealing the whole gamut of human emotions that is available to us moment to moment.

message 3: by Heather (new)

[image error]

Monet depictions of Venice are quite different from his gardens at Giverny with it`s soft and paler pallet. Venice seems to be set alight with energetic brushstrokes and deeper ruddy, reds seem to add more mystery to the Venetian skyline. Sunset in Venice offers us a glimpse at a more passionate Monet.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather In Which Movie(s) Do We Find This Work?

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather In Which Movie Do We Find This Work

message 6: by Heather (new)

[image error]

This was largely a self-portrait of René Magritte, and it also plays around with a kind of surreal hide and seek. You can only slightly see his face, that almost teases the viewer into being curious about expression lies behind. As the apple is almost completely covering the face, it can be seen as symbol that is both showing itself in full and yet hiding the most telling parts of ourselves to the world.

message 7: by Heather (new)

message 8: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 163 comments (view spoiler)

message 9: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 163 comments How did I do? Too many movies with the Sistine Chapel in it. They all blur in my memory, so I pick the obvious.

message 10: by Heather (last edited Nov 09, 2011 07:40AM) (new)

Heather Wow, Aloha, you did great! Yes, there are a ton of movies with the chapel, that's why I made it plural. Any one or ones would suffice.

I have 2 minutes before I have to leave for work. I will tell you the answers after work. But you are one smart cookie!

message 11: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 163 comments Thanks. Have a good time at work!

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Heather wrote: "In Which Movie Do We Find This Work?

La Mariée by Marc Chagall in the Movie Notting Hill

Bella his beloved wife (and later his second wife Vava), were the only people he honoured with his portraits. He is often floating with his love, that arguab..."

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather Heather wrote: "In Which Movie Do We Find This Work?

Sunset In Venice by Claude Monet in The Thomas Crown Affair

Monet depictions of Venice are quite different from his gardens at Giverny with it`s soft and paler pallet. Venice seems to be set alight with energetic brus..."